List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Part 1

The thread is continued in part 2:

Haha. Can we just grab him now (and put him on the rookie list) as a dfa if we want, or is it's draft thing?
As far as I know we can take him straight away as a delisted free agent on the main list or go through the rookie draft to get him onto the rookie list if he isn't signed or taken by another club.

Freo like to run to the deadline with these list lodgements.

I noticed Hately (GWS) delisted himself today so good chance we will knowanytime now whether Schultz and Bewley have genuine interest over east.

Haha. Can we just grab him now (and put him on the rookie list) as a dfa if we want, or is it's draft thing?
Cedric Cox has always been highly rated by the Lions and that is why he has been on our list for the last few years. He has elite speed and his disposal by foot on either side is also very good. He can run at pace and hit a leading forward on the chest from about 40 metres. For whatever reason he has not made the firsts and has not been cited even as an emergency this year. One of his biggest weaknesses is that he does not seem to get that much of the ball ie can’t find his own ball. He has been trialed as a half back flanker mainly due to his speed and exquisite skills and also played on the half forward line from time to time. He is a player you like to see with the ball in his hand as he normally does something constructive with it. I reckon his value would be mid to late second rounder or early 3rd rounder if both Fremantle and West Coast are interested.

Like Quote Reply
Report •••
Reactions:Tbonefreo
[IMG alt="cotter101"]https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/avatars/m/106/106930.jpg?1506071155[/IMG]
Follow
brisbane.png

cotter101
Bigfooty Enforcer

Oct 24, 2020
Worth a token pick. Might be able to get more out of himself if the move to WA helps him sort out his personal life.

Talent, but I can see him becoming a nice WAFL level player. Looks like AFL level is too fast for him.

Like Quote Reply
Report •••
Reactions:Jason mp
B
Follow
brisbane.png

BrownYouGun
Club Legend

Oct 24, 2020
No game awareness and scared of his own shadow, will be lucky to get a late pick for him

Like Quote Reply
Report •••
Reactions:Chobo and fnerd
Z
Follow
west_coast.png

ziad
Brownlow Medallist

Oct 24, 2020
cotter101 said:
Worth a token pick. Might be able to get more out of himself if the move to WA helps him sort out his personal life.

Talent, but I can see him becoming a nice WAFL level player. Looks like AFL level is too fast for him.
Do you work in sales?

Like Quote Reply
Report •••
F
Follow
fremantle.png

fnerd
Premiership Player

Oct 25, 2020
“Requests trade to wa club”
ROFL.....
I’m assuming he meant wafl club?

Like Quote Reply
Report •••
[IMG alt="mpal6"]https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/avatars/m/59/59326.jpg?1595496398[/IMG]
Follow
brisbane.png

mpal6
Premiership Player

Oct 25, 2020
fnerd said:
“Requests trade to wa club”
ROFL.....
I’m assuming he meant wafl club?
We didn't delist him last week so there might be some interest between WC and Freo. Token pick trade.

Like Quote Reply
Report •••
[IMG alt="Freomaniac"]https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/avatars/m/40/40895.jpg?1400248878[/IMG]
Follow
fremantle.png

Freomaniac
Brownlow Medallist

Oct 25, 2020
you know what? After seeing some of his Highlights, I dont mind him on a one year deal. Can play on a wing or half forward flank.

If he is motiviated, I think he can Prove himself. Justin Longmuir can motivate him to be a solid player to be honest.

Like Quote Reply
Report •••
[IMG alt="mpal6"]https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/avatars/m/59/59326.jpg?1595496398[/IMG]
Follow
brisbane.png

mpal6
Premiership Player

Oct 25, 2020
Freomaniac said:
you know what? After seeing some of his Highlights, I dont mind him on a one year deal. Can play on a wing or half forward flank.

If he is motiviated, I think he can Prove himself. Justin Longmuir can motivate him to be a solid player to be honest.
He looked alright kicking into F50 last year.. some of the kicks were deft, well weighted in traffic to leading forwards. Cedric definitely has good skills, it's unfortunate he didn't get going with us. If you could motivate him, he'll turn out to be a good player overall.

Like Quote Reply
Report •••
[IMG alt="Freomaniac"]https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/avatars/m/40/40895.jpg?1400248878[/IMG]
Follow
fremantle.png

Freomaniac
Brownlow Medallist

Oct 25, 2020
mpal6 said:
He looked alright kicking into F50 last year.. some of the kicks were deft, well weighted in traffic to leading forwards. Cedric definitely has good skills, it's unfortunate he didn't get going with us. If you could motivate him, he'll turn out to be a good player overall.
well if freo gives your team a 2021 4th or 5th rounder, take it and run.

Its weird. Yes I know its wikipedia.

So 13 games from 2017-2020. 8 in 2017, 4 games in 2018, 1 in 2019 and 0 games in 2020.

Weird as he played only one game in 2 seasons. Lions Made finals in the last 2 years. He looked good in the 1st 2 years. I half expected him to improve and be rotated in and out of the Lions best 22. Or at the very worst play 3-5 games each in the last 2 years to try and boost up some value out of him.

Like Quote Reply
Report •••
1 of 2Next Last

x

Last edited:
Reading that stuff it may be better if he just cracks in at wafl level. He isn't going anywhere, so we likely cab grab him at some point if he finds his way to some form. We would be looking for players who have demonstrated commitment I reckon.

I don't like the idea of going for DFA's most of the time, but Derek Eggmolesse-Smith from Richmond wouldn't be the worst shout for a list spot. Showed some glimpses in the games he played this year and would do well with some time to develop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like the idea of going for DFA's most of the time, but Derek Eggmolesse-Smith from Richmond wouldn't be the worst shout for a list spot. Showed some glimpses in the games he played this year and would do well with some time to develop

I was hoping they’d let Ben Miller go. He looked good in the colts as a ruck/forward.

Club has confirmed moving Schultz, Bewley and Banfield to the rookie list. Thomas gets one more year. Hughes is also still on the rookie list (along with Watson).

Any chance another club picks up Schultz in the rookie draft before us? Or has he been automatically moved to our rookie list?

Any chance another club picks up Schultz in the rookie draft before us? Or has he been automatically moved to our rookie list?
He and Bewley will probably be automatic. Bailey will probably come through the rookie draft.

edit. the article doesn't suggest any of the three will be automatic. Strange really.

Last edited:
He and Bewley will probably be automatic. Bailey will probably come through the rookie draft.

edit. the article doesn't suggest any of the three will be automatic. Strange really.

I thought that too considering that from what I've read we could make that move automatically.

Makes more sense with Banfield still being on our list. $80k for a guy that can be depth so we can take a few junk time picks for sliders etc in the main draft?

I'm not sure it's the right message to have guys like Hughes and Schultz (and to a lesser extent) Bewley on the rookie list though. Hughes got voted our most courageous player I'm pretty sure, finished 7th in the Doig and goes back to $80k+ match payments.

A pity we couldn't lose Blakely given the coin that apparently he is on.

Last edited:
Don’t tell me Ethan Hughes is still on our Rookie list??? Surely not. He’s a regular player now.

I thought the Rookie list was for speculative 18 year old players?! It’s just unfair on players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back