Training 2020 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Well there goes my tip, I was putting my head on the chopping block & going for Hunter Clark to win this years Brownlow.
I genuinely think he’ll dominate this year. He’s broken free from the Richo restraints and found his best position. Rats is an attacking coach, which should suit Billing’s. Fast ball movement and let him use his biggest weapons rather than working too hard on his weaknesses.

I genuinely think he’ll dominate this year. He’s broken free from the Richo restraints and found his best position. Rats is an attacking coach, which should suit Billing’s. Fast ball movement and let him use his biggest weapons rather than working too hard on his weaknesses.
He just needs to fix his goal kicking.

Crikey l don't know where all the non love for Jimmy is coming from. Some of you blokes are kents..

l guess that's what happens without a whipping boy at the moment.

I thought Jimmy was one of our more attacking minded players and l always liked watching him play. I'm far happier with turnovers when someone's trying to take the game on, and I'll say it for the 10th time that we aught not be too critical of these guys who've been stuck under the Cho for their careers.
Definitely best 22 when fit IMO.

I know we need to knock richo every chance we. Get but I reckon he handled Clark fantastically well. Put him hb to get confidence but when at sandy had him play on the ball to learn. Sorry I apologise.

Crikey l don't know where all the non love for Jimmy is coming from. Some of you blokes are kents..

l guess that's what happens without a whipping boy at the moment.

I thought Jimmy was one of our more attacking minded players and l always liked watching him play. I'm far happier with turnovers when someone's trying to take the game on, and I'll say it for the 10th time that we aught not be too critical of these guys who've been stuck under the Cho for their careers.
Definitely best 22 when fit IMO.
Put a bit more mayo on Scrappy , we have hardly put a noose around his neck , just saying he needs to clean up his kicking , if that upsets you well I'm sorry but for people to blame Richo for everything that has gone with every player is just ridiculous,

I know we need to knock richo every chance we. Get but I reckon he handled Clark fantastically well. Put him hb to get confidence but when at sandy had him play on the ball to learn. Sorry I apologise.
Yeah , everything was richos fault, arm chair experts

Last edited:
O
Put a bit more mayo on Scrappy , we have hardly put a noose around his neck , just saying he needs to clean up his kicking , if that upsets you well I'm sorry but for people to blame Richo for everything that has gone with every player is just ridiculous,
kicking is great. Decision making can be an issue and also because we lacked run out of the backline my guess is he was told to take the game on.

If Webster needs to clean up his kicking then so do the other 40 odd players on our list. He's one of the best kicks we have right up there with Robbo, Billings and now Hill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, it's not mayo to call you lot kents..

And l never accused you or anyone of putting a noose round his neck. I just said that, l personally liked Jimmy, and that you blokes are kents.
Where is the confusion??

Yeah , everything was richos fault, arm chair experts
Not everything but a lot of things were every bit Richo fault let’s not pretend he was a good coach. His record over 6 years is enough evidence, he was clearly out of his depth as a AFL senior coach and set the club back many years nothing but a fraud

Doubt it sorry. He was nowhere near as physically developed as Rayner, nor had he the blistering pace and x-factor of Stepho. He was good enough to snag a nomination but I doubt he would've won no matter who was coaching.
Wasn’t really the point I was making at all. It was no one knows who or what player x would be under a different coach. The starting convo was, I think Billing’s will be better under a different coach. One that’s attacking.

Wasn’t really the point I was making at all. It was no one knows who or what player x would be under a different coach. The starting convo was, I think Billing’s will be better under a different coach. One that’s attacking.
Sorry, just saw your quote saying a specific thing and thought I'd weigh in. It's true no one knows these things, but we don't have to go overboard.

Regardless, JB has come on pretty well over his time at the Saints, so he clearly hasn't been mismanaged. A new game style may suit him better though, but he was playing as a forward for ages and getting plenty of opportunity, his inaccuracy is what cost him being thought of as a star and that's more on him than his coach. Inaccuracy aside though, he's been great, and given some unfair scrutiny. Last year on the wing suited him well and he got a massive tick for how he played through the year.

Well this is where we are really confusing ourselves. The first poster was talking about Clark and you commented on that so I to thought you were talking about Clark but now with glasses on you were talking about billings. My point still stands. Under rich he has found his best position which wasn’t his drafted position so there has to be some credit him playing him on the wing. Anyway I laugh at those who blame richo. Last time I looked the only coach who appointed himself was Thomas. Blame the appointment not the coach. I don’t mean you by the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back