Training 2020 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Question is, what are the best positions? Or do you want to play then in their best proven position?
If they are proven in position you leave them there. Someone said if we did that with battle and Marshall we wouldn’t know they were very good backs and rucks. The difference is they weren’t proven as forwards so there was nothing to lose moving them. There is plenty to lose moving them once proven elsewhere. Move unproven players not proven players.

I was just using an example. He didn’t have an impact 2 years ago as a forward.
Anyway it's beside the point. There's no point getting so negative about things that haven't even happened. It's all hypotheticals. Anything could happen, having good players for each position is better than having bad players.

Also I remember him having a great game up forward against Carlton.

Anyway it's beside the point. There's no point getting so negative about things that haven't even happened. It's all hypotheticals. Anything could happen, having good players for each position is better than having bad players.

Also I remember him having a great game up forward against Carlton.
I remember having better games in the ruck nearly all year this year. I’m not being negative. I actually rate him to have potential to be the best ruck in the afl. Totally agree in having players in each position. We know which position makes Marshall better than a good player

I remember having better games in the ruck nearly all year this year. I’m not being negative. I actually rate him to have potential to be the best ruck in the afl. Totally agree in having players in each position. We know which position makes Marshall better than a good player

Gotta agree with this. Marshall may very well be a fairly handy forward, but how does that make the team better? We've got plenty of forward options, how many near elite rucks do we have? He's not going to win games for us in the forward line, not unless Membrey and King go down and we've got no other options.

We've changed the dynamics of the team. Which is why there is bugger all of the team left after the last 5 years. Change needed to happen, and it's happened across the board...as a result the dynamics and parameters of quality change too. And yeah, I'll give it ten rounds to see how, what I perceive to be a new set of tactics within a new dynamic, pan out. To paraphrase past quotes by you...I'll back the club in 😉

I was just using an example. He didn’t have an impact 2 years ago as a forward.
Im not saying he will be better up forward but he has improved that much in two years you really cant compare what he was like two years ago

Anyway I don't think the club are stupid enough to play Marshall as a permanent forward.

Most likely he has stints up forward (the position he played when we drafted him) and we use Ryder in the ruck.

If they are proven in position you leave them there. Someone said if we did that with battle and Marshall we wouldn’t know they were very good backs and rucks. The difference is they weren’t proven as forwards so there was nothing to lose moving them. There is plenty to lose moving them once proven elsewhere. Move unproven players not proven players.
Ok ,fair enough but we need a balanced side .
lay your team on me plugs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok ,fair enough but we need a balanced side .
lay your team on me plugs

It's a good question. When I try to do it, ends up something like this:

FB: Geary, Carlisle, Webster
HB: Savage, Roberton, Wilkie
C: Hill, Hannebery, Billings
HF: Butler, Battle, Gresham
FF: Kent, Ryder, Membrey
R: Marshall, Ross, Steele
IC: Jones, Clark, Dunstan, Sinclair

Others: King, Howard, Brown, Lonie, Long, Parker, Coffield, Paton, Hind, McKenzie, Bytel

- I can't see Battle and King playing the same team if neither of them can play ruck.
- I'm not sure we need either Howard or Brown against most forward lines, would prefer the more mobile three talls.
- Small forward spots are a raffle but Kent was best performed this year imo.
- Sinclair, Savage, Dunstan are under pressure if anyone does well in the twos but get first go at it.

Wtf happened to my post...I've end d up quoting myself or something....it was meant to be a reply to Plugger...the dude is gonna have a field day now. Go nuts brother👍

Self quoting is poor form mate

Others: King, Howard, Brown, Lonie, Long, Parker, Coffield, Paton, Hind, McKenzie, Bytel

- I can't see Battle and King playing the same team if neither of them can play ruck.
- I'm not sure we need either Howard or Brown against most forward lines, would prefer the more mobile three talls.
- Sinclair, Savage, Dunstan are under pressure if anyone does well in the twos but get first go at it.
Mate , not having a shot at you in any way , more the players we have to choose from but i see that side as a bottom 3 team , horrid back and forward lines , the only line that looks like a finals team is the centre line

Going to be a mighty interesting pre season to see who has the form for senior selection.

Mate , not having a shot at you in any way , more the players we have to choose from but i see that side as a bottom 3 team , horrid back and forward lines , the only line that looks like a finals team is the centre line

I think that's pretty fair. Obviously we hope a few guys take a big step up under Ratts' coaching but who knows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back