Position 2020 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
60 average is pretty high for his role. Will be lucky to average low 40s.
I'm assuming he'll be playing similarly to how he did in the SANFL once accustomed.

He was quite a strong marking target at SANFL level, and worked up and back in a similar fashion to what Tom Lynch does for Adelaide.

He tackles well and tends to be clean with disposal.

If he just plays as a small forward, then I agree a 40 average would be far closer to the mark. I'm thinking/hoping that doesn't happen.

So I have
Taylor
Georgiades
Davis
Sturt
King

I know King has very good job security.
What about the others and what is an estimated average?

When is Rankine expected to be fit to play?

Looked very good in pre-season.

Put on some weight in recent years and is no longer the stick-thin skeleton he was in previous years. I like him as an option.

with Steven to come back his JS is pretty shaky.

Anyone looking at Darcy Fort FWD? Played 3 games last year, all 3 as forward second ruck option, where he managed a few hitouts in minimum time as well as kicking a few goals. Starting as sole nmber 1 ruckman, if he can hold his spot there should score OK. With the game/trade ratio this year might be worth a chance?

You have my attention.

Considering flicking Lukosius for him right now...

Anyone looking at Darcy Fort FWD? Played 3 games last year, all 3 as forward second ruck option, where he managed a few hitouts in minimum time as well as kicking a few goals. Starting as sole nmber 1 ruckman, if he can hold his spot there should score OK. With the game/trade ratio this year might be worth a chance?
With the KOTD scoring for ruckman he is now my F4.

Plus his only competition is potato Stanley.

watchlist

So I have
Taylor
Georgiades
Davis
Sturt
King

I know King has very good job security.
What about the others and what is an estimated average?

When is Rankine expected to be fit to play?

Can I ask which King, at the risk of sounding stupid!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a great pick imo. The cats hate Stanley and will do anything not to have to play him. It’s Fort’s spot as long as he plays half decently. His scoring will be good because CD loves ruckmen

Anyone see Simpson's comments on reduced quarters and the rethinking going in to strategy, particularly around ruckmen, on the AFL website?

Don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing for Williams (seemed to suggest he would play one ruckman), but I guess we will just wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back