Not open for further replies.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea
Butler was playing poorly and was very down on confidence in 2019. But he's still one that we got wrong. We develop most players very well but unfortunately we didn't get the most out of his talent.

He was always a guy that had all the tools it just had to click for him. He's a much better player and with a higher ceiling than Rioli and Castagna.

Doesn't matter much now, we usually get them right but we have let go of a good player imo.
This is just my opinion and I’m not saying it is fact, but I think it is more to do with Butler’s style of play suiting St Kilda well than our mismanagement. In order to fit in our team, there is a certain defensive mindset and style that you have to commit to. St Kilda play more of an offensive style that allows offensive player to play a freewheeling brand and kick goals from the goalsquare.

I thought that Butler was more of an offensive player as of the last two years. It seems that he needs to be able to play with a certain flair and freedom that the style of St Kilda allows. I think that’s why he didn’t perform with us and is performing at St Kilda. Some of the things he does at St Kilda simply didn’t work at Richmond IMO but I’m glad to see he’s doing so well. He’s absolutely destroying it at St Kilda and is currently one of the best forwards on the league.

The one that would be disappointed probably would be Carlton. He would have been great for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soberian Tiger

'67 '69 '73 '74 '80; '17 '19 ? ? ?
Jul 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
This is just my opinion and I’m not saying it is fact, but I think it is more to do with Butler’s style of play suiting St Kilda well than our mismanagement. In order to fit in our team, there is a certain defensive mindset and style that you have to commit to. St Kilda play more of an offensive style that allows offensive player to play a freewheeling brand and kick goals from the goalsquare.

I thought that Butler was more of an offensive player as of the last two years. It seems that he needs to be able to play with a certain flair and freedom that the style of St Kilda allows. I think that’s why he didn’t perform with us and is performing at St Kilda. Some of the things he does at St Kilda simply didn’t work at Richmond IMO but I’m glad to see he’s doing so well. He’s absolutely destroying it at St Kilda and is currently one of the best forwards on the league.

The one that would be disappointed probably would be Carlton. He would have been great for them.
I like Butler and said he'd improve the Saints for sure, but SK have basically structured their forward line around him as their most dangerous option.

That would never have happened under Hardwick.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea
This game will probably be a hard one. I think a loss is more likely, but Richmond have been exceeding my expectations performance wise since the hub started. Also, I don’t think we can drop too many games if we want top 4 so this is one that we may need to win come the end of the season. Hopefully we perform well.

Tiger_Of_Old

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Like for like being higgins and rioli struggling. ?
You could say that yes.lol
But i think higgo has lost a yard and for a bloke of his pace it might as well be 10 yards.
He's not the same Higgins.
Rioli is struggling but Rioli has never been a huge disposal player whereas Higgo is expected to be late teens early 20's type.
Lets hope Rioli fires up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE_GUN

R.I.P Shane Tuck 21
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
We will do what we did to our last 2 premiership opposition teams Adelaide & GWS

Lose to them in the home/aways and smash them in the GF

Port v Richmond GF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom