List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

lol the dogs defence and forward line is putrid, they won't win fu** all with just a good midfield.

I have them in my top 6 (Saints, Cats, Tiges, Port, Bris), probably similar to where the Saints were this year. They might surprise a few I think.

Agree with you on their deficiencies though.

I have them in my top 6 (Saints, Cats, Tiges, Port, Bris), probably similar to where the Saints were this year. They might surprise a few I think.

Agree with you on their deficiencies though.
some one will jump out of the pack.

since top 8 started in 1994 only once in 2010 have the top 4 been the same as the previous years top 4, and in both years, those 4 sides played in prelim finals both years.

Jumping from 17 games to 22 (maybe) will affect one of this years top 4 sides.

In 2014 you had the same top 4 sides as 2013 finish top 4 at end of minor round, but Geelong and Freo were knocked out in straight sets.

The only years where someone didn't make a jump from outside the 8 to top 4 have been;

2009 (but collingwood went from 7th in 2008 to 4th)
2010 see above
2013 (Freo went from 7th in 2012 to 3rd and made a GF) - impact of 2 expansion teams
2014 (North went from 10th in 2013 to 6th and made a PF) - impact of 2 expansion teams

since top 8 started in 1994 only once in 2010 have the top 4 been the same as the previous years top 4, and in both years, those 4 sides played in prelim finals both years.

In 2014 you had the same top 4 sides as 2013 finish top 4 at end of minor round, but Geelong and Freo were knocked out in straight sets.

The only years where someone didn't make a jump from outside the 8 to top 4 have been;

2010 see above
2013 (Freo went from 7th in 2012 to 3rd and made a GF) - impact of 2 expansion teams
2014 (North went from 10th in 2013 to 6th and made a PF) - impact of 2 expansion teams

Yep good point.

Probably one of Gold Coast, Carlton or Freo if I had to take a shot in the dark. Gold Coast in particular could be scary.

I'm not saying the doggies midfield is perfect, but I think it makes a case for being the best in the AFL going in to 2021.

When your best forward is Mitch Wallis it's pretty clear where the real problems have been for that team. Naughton looked real good in some of the games I saw him in last year though, if he continues his development Dogs still could be top 4 next year.

Would still rather the West Coast Midfield of Yeo, Kelly, Shuey, Gaff, Sheed, Redden.

The two things that keep us competitive for a flag into the future are: elite midfielders and key forwards. These players are the hardest to develop via draft and/or recruit via trade.

We def need an A grade midfielder preferably via Free agency hopefully in the next two years, just to help bridge our young guns.

Zac Merrett would be a great get next year. In a good team with good inside mids (Wines/SPP), he would flourish. A solid Boak replacement. No point going for an almost elite mid like Crouch, we need one with speed, and a good kick.

Re: Big forwards

2021 is a big year for Todd Marshall. Would be giving him every opportunity to succeed. Gotta remember he is still only 22.

I love Charlie, and Ken has built a forwardline around him, but into the future a leading forward, who can create space, win the footy, kick straight and kick big goals and bags of goals is the difference of us winning multiple premierships. Like a Buddy, or Kennedy, or J Cameron, Lynch. Charlie is not really in that group yet.

In 3-8 years away, I’m not sure if Marshall, Georgiades and Ladhams will get us there, but the club has to back their development in, and unless we can recruit someone already made and better we r in a really good spot.

Georgiades still might be a better non-key position player and maybe a tall Fyfe like midfielder? Who knows, until we get some more SANFL too to see some things, or if he takes Eberts/SPPs forward time, and eventually transitions in - will be interesting to watch.

And yeah, I still would be hitting the draft for a key forward soon though - 2022 draft - first rounder if available (or 2021 first rounder if we can somehow get ahead of the Burgoyne pick).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

2010 see above
So you're saying the Crows are a chance?

if you were to lay out our best 9 I think it’s probably on par. You are probably operating under the premise that Bont is a “superstar” and that Macrae and Dunkley are both A graders, none of which I agree with
Smith and Treloar moreso than Dunkley. I definitely consider Macrae an A grader though yes.

Macrae is just kane corner on steroids. He can get 40 touches and you wouldn't even know he played. Excellent fantasy player though.

Disagree personally. Notice him a lot and an excellent user of the ball.

A slight improvement on Merrett who are the top 2 in the comp pretty much at that outside mid position in my opinion.

Followed by Gaff, Duncan and Whitfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macrae is just kane corner on steroids. He can get 40 touches and you wouldn't even know he played. Excellent fantasy player though.
Unlike Kornes, his kick is a weapon, not a 30m in the air 20m forward kick he would do.

I don't even think that is Kane, his kicking was so jarring that you knew every time he had the ball.

Macrae is several class levels above Kane, incomparable.

It surprises me that Brandon Maters and Cam McCarthy have not been picked up as delisted free agents. McCarthy would be a significant upgrade on Buzza. He is only 25 yo.

I get we are keen to get games into Georgiades and Marshall but an injury to Dixon would expose our lack of depth in key forwards.

Matera is just the wrong age for us (28) but older players have been recruited by our rivals.

It surprises me that Brandon Maters and Cam McCarthy have not been picked up as delisted free agents. McCarthy would be a significant upgrade on Buzza. He is only 25 yo.

I get we are keen to get games into Georgiades and Marshall but an injury to Dixon would expose our lack of depth in key forwards.

Matera is just the wrong age for us (28) but older players have been recruited by our rivals.
Buzza was a break glass in case of emergency in the event Dixon went down, McCarthy would be useless in the Dixon role.

Wouldn't be bad to have another option here in the event 2 of Dixon/Marshall/MG were out at the same time though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back