List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Mcdonald's still the best moneyball defender out there, apparently out of favour with Melbourne because May's really taken his best position, he is a very good fullback that just doesnt spoil but takes a lot of marks, has a huge tank and i think a very good fit for what we need, you will get a good 3 years out of him

I just read on gws board that Jon Ralph indicated Port had made an offer to Perryman. Whilst he isnt the most exciting player, he is awesome and would be a great addition to Port.
Perryman is the type of player you want, he has a higher ceiling than most and could be a gun in the right set up,

I just read on gws board that Jon Ralph indicated Port had made an offer to Perryman. Whilst he isnt the most exciting player, he is awesome and would be a great addition to Port.
What's he going to cost us? Hopefully not a young ruck.

What would Perryman be worth? Early second?

Will draft picks be worth less or more with the academy picks and CoVid?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Regarding draft picks wise - its hard to say.

teams are cutting lists dramatically, a few might be wanting to go in under list sizes this year or just keen on list turnover.

have a suspicion that 3rd rounder onwards will be worth next to nothing.

Perrymans value? Don’t know. A second rounder in this draft? Sounds like very good value for us and poor for gws

a 2021 1st? Hell no. Way overpaying and wouldn’t want to part with that.

No idea what Perryman is worth, but i don't think second rounders are worth much in a weak draft where over half the kids haven't played. I'd be confident Perryman would do more than say Bonner trade value plus a second rounder. Hopefully he nominates port and we get a painless trade.

Perryman is an interesting one, both in terms of a trade target and his worth. He strikes me as the sort who won’t be a number 1 in any position on the field in a team and won’t be a star. But he just does everything well. A high level solid player wherever you want to fit him in. I would think he would be worth a pick in the teens or equivalent. Gws would be asking for next years first.

Perryman is an interesting one, both in terms of a trade target and his worth. He strikes me as the sort who won’t be a number 1 in any position on the field in a team and won’t be a star. But he just does everything well. A high level solid player wherever you want to fit him in. I would think he would be worth a pick in the teens or equivalent. Gws would be asking for next years first.
GWS have excepted unders for alot of players hopefully they share some of that love this way

So Perryman is 22 at the end of the year, and has averaged 18 touches at 68% DE with about 280m gained.
He’s a very solid team-oriented player, not unlike SPP.
Reckon if we’re interested in him it is with an eye to bolstering our midfield depth post Boak, Rockliff.
Makes sense especially if we are prepared to let Bonner go to make the trade possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't noticed Perryman much on field. Who is he similar to at Port?

Not sure he's similar to anyone currently on our list TBH. The predraft comparison was Brendon Goddard, which isn't far off. Not quite an A+ player but a good utility who can play high quality football anywhere on the field. Might not ever win a B&F but will regularly finish top 10.

Last edited:
Hes a very solid no frills player who doesnt put a foot wrong but lacks any sort of x factor. Ultimate utility in that he can play anywhere. Id love him here

Haven't noticed Perryman much on field. Who is he similar to at Port?
Tough one, probably have to go back to Roger James. He's not quick but has excellent skills on both sides, and makes good decisions. He's been thrown around position wise at GWS having played wing, half forward, half back. I can't remember him being in the centre square rotations but he has the capacity to do that. I would love him over Hately just not sure what the cost would be.

an off season that nets us Crouch & Perryman, as well as Jones & Schofield would be outstanding
Agree entirely.

I think we should target Brad Crouch and Perryman, and if it involves letting go of Bonner and Lienert, then so be it.

It consolidates our midfield over the next 4-5y post Boak/Rockliff/Ebert so that we have Wines, Crouch, SPP, Perryman and Drew providing the grunt and solidarity; Butters and Rozee the star power; Mead some inside-outside polish; Amon, Duursma, Schofield and J. Burgoyne the outside run and spread.

That sorts our midfield out for a good length of time without having to desperately bring in more A-grade talent in a hurry. Instead, we can use our early draft picks from 2021 onwards to bring in top-tier key position players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back