List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
One of my favourites.

nathan-buckley-for-collingwood-clashes-with-robert-copeland-for-the-picture-id2546519

I remember Bushy trolling FIGJAM, with something like Buckley’s mother doesn’t even know who he is...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Willem Drew, Andy McGrath, Brad Couch, Cockatoo and Narkle. Wouldn't mind having a punt on all of them.

Delist Skinner, Cox, Bundy, C Lyons, Allison, Eagles and maybe Wooller. I'd keep Joyce and maybe Hinge though. Actually didn't mind Hinge game last week.
Think Drew re-signed didn’t he?

I’m not a huge fan of B Crouch - feel our money is better spent going after speed. Could just imagine what dealing with Dodo would be lik if McGrath was even half a chance.

Narkle’s a neat player. Cockatoo would be a great buy if our conditioning staff feel we could get him fit.

It would be a shame to be giving up blokes like Wooller, Cox, and Skinner but list spots are going to be extremely tight with or without cuts.

Think Drew re-signed didn’t he?

I’m not a huge fan of B Crouch - feel our money is better spent going after speed. Could just imagine what dealing with Dodo would be lik if McGrath was even half a chance.

Narkle’s a neat player. Cockatoo would be a great buy if our conditioning staff feel we could get him fit.

It would be a shame to be giving up blokes like Wooller, Cox, and Skinner but list spots are going to be extremely tight with or without cuts.
Cockatoo has one negative and two positives.

Negative is that he's always injured ,though nothing career ending . Positives are he can really play and he's only 24.

He'd be worth a punt if we thought we could get him right.

Pretty sure it was either Conole or Noble who mentioned it in the 2018 post draft Roar Deal episode.

Made it sound like Ely hadn’t played any high level junior footy while part of the GWS academy program.

At the draft function they were saying they liked him because he'd only just started high level footy after moving to Victoria a few years earlier which is funny in retrospect given he was part of the GWS academy before that. :D

At the draft function they were saying they liked him because he'd only just started high level footy after moving to Victoria a few years earlier which is funny in retrospect given he was part of the GWS academy before that. :D
They definitely mentioned he was in the GWS academy on the podcast, and as you said, also mentioned he hadn’t played high level footy before moving to Murray Bushrangers.

I took that as he hadn’t made any of the GWS junior rep teams for academy series and such.

I have no idea how GWS’s academy is run, but from what I’ve read elsewhere, it doesn’t sound like our academy provides as elite an environment as it’s made out to be.

Cockatoo has one negative and two positives.

Negative is that he's always injured ,though nothing career ending . Positives are he can really play and he's only 24.

He'd be worth a punt if we thought we could get him right.
And his injury history goes as far back as his U18 year. Not just a problem at Geelong. Danger signs there for me.

I would 100% welcome polec back. If north help with the salary side of things. Need some more speed off half back and im not confident Hinge Witherden and Allison provide that when tried there.

No he won't win contested balls. But jeez he can run all day and is the icing on a good cake.

I would 100% welcome polec back. If north help with the salary side of things. Need some more speed off half back and im not confident Hinge Witherden and Allison provide that when tried there.

No he won't win contested balls. But jeez he can run all day and is the icing on a good cake.
Chris Fagan has said he wants players who run both ways and can win their own ball.

Polec to the Lions = Hell freezing over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt we would entertain re-signing a high draft pick who left of his own accord and for whom we didn't get full trade value. And that's even before you consider his less than stellar form since joining the Kangaroos and what he doesn't bring in terms of hardness and accountability. No chance.

Depends what they've got listed as their home address. I assume his family is still up here.

GWS lost a player because the family had two home addresses, one at their farm in NSW and a second property in Victoria where they moved when their kid went to boarding school because it was closer.

Where the Vic-based honchos reign, the rules can be somewhat arbitrary.

Refer Nick Reiwoldt and the sudden very, very late change to draft rules which meant that he went South.

Closely followed his input last night in the North v WC game.

Pathetic is putting an accurate face on it. If there was a contest involving body contact, then count him out.

Underwhelming for a bloke on his coin.

I watched with the same intent. Even by his standard, he was below average.

Chris Fagan has said he wants players who run both ways and can win their own ball.

Polec to the Lions = Hell freezing over.
We went for J Lyons even though he was criticised of no 2 way running. Polec has an amazing aerobic capacity as good as anyone.

Im well aware im on the outter with this one. Which is fine. But id take him over what hinge offers.

We went for J Lyons even though he was criticised of no 2 way running. Polec has an amazing aerobic capacity as good as anyone.

Im well aware im on the outter with this one. Which is fine. But id take him over what hinge offers.
Defensive systems only work if EVERYONE plays their role.
Massive NO from me.

Defensive systems only work if EVERYONE plays their role.
Massive NO from me.
J Lyons doesn't provide much... just too slow. Fagan has always said you take the strengths and utilise it. Polec is one of the games best ball carriers and is deadly on his left leg. Would look good opposite Mccluggage on the wing.

J Lyons doesn't provide much... just too slow. Fagan has always said you take the strengths and utilise it. Polec is one of the games best ball carriers and is deadly on his left leg. Would look good opposite Mccluggage on the wing.

BRISBANE LIONS

MVP:
Harris Andrews, Jarryd Lyons, Lachie Neale

Most Courageous: Oscar McInerney

Best First Year: Keidean Coleman

Captain: Dayne Zorko

Jared Polec has been dropped from the second last placed team.
That shows me more about his attitude than his ability.
But either way, he is a - I’ll get on the end of everybody else’s good work, kinda guy.

Sounds like a guy now playing for Essendon...cant remember his name:)

Polec is on a whole other low low level when it comes to lack of defensive run and a contested game though, he is worse than Tom Cutler in that area of the game and look where that got Tom.

Moot point anyway, I'll bet my right and left testicle that Polec isn't at the Lions in 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back