2020 US Presidential Nominees

Who's gonna be the Veep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That it does but religion is fundamentally different. Its a belief. Gender, race and sexual preferences are not beliefs. They are not something we choose and thus shouldnt be discriminated upon. Religion is a belief. There is some just reasons to discriminate based on religion. For instance, If i run an abortion clinic I should be able to prevent a evangelical christen who believes abortion is murder from coming into my clinic.
None of this rebuts the point that identity politics can encompass religion. There's not a magic rule that only "beliefs" count as identity politics. For example, the appeal to "real Americans" is also a form of identity politics.

How does he do that? Ive been told repeatedly in this past week by other posters that sanders is really a centrist with no extreme reforms.

Compared to most other western democracies, his policies are centrist. A living wage, publically funded healthcare, climate change recognition and action, balanced military budgets etc. However, he's labelled a radical by the US establishment because he directly affects their hold on financial power, which they have been allowed to grow over decades due to pro-corporate/anti-worker policies.

I know that you know this.

Then if spending gets lowered the impacted/affected parties whine that they're cutting spending.

Yeah, it's typical. People want an abundance of resources but they don't want to have to pay for it. You can't have it both ways.

Sure, here in Australia, where we have a stronger social safety net than America, you could make a stronger argument for drawing the line on income taxes. Our wealth taxes are as piss poor as in the US, though. It doesn't mean I necessarily agree with raising income taxes.

However, in America, they're just too *in low, plain and simple, and it's obvious that they are because tens of millions of Americans have bugger all to show for it other than a ridiculously overpowered military.

That it does but religion is fundamentally different. Its a belief. Gender, race and sexual preferences are not beliefs. They are not something we choose and thus shouldnt be discriminated upon. Religion is a belief. There is some just reasons to discriminate based on religion. For instance, If i run an abortion clinic I should be able to prevent a evangelical christen who believes abortion is murder from coming into my clinic.
Religion is only an opinion. It should not attract any special protection. And if your belief opinion contravenes secular law your church should not be able to shelter you from the law.

Sad day for FireKraquora... the man who most influenced your thinking is no longer with us.

RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP

Which two posters?
Ratts was the first, but he left the forum. Someone else picked up his side of the wager and we joked about Milo Yiannopolis, but I forget who it was and too lazy to search right now. Hope they're still an active poster!

Compared to most other western democracies, his policies are centrist. A living wage, publically funded healthcare, climate change recognition and action, balanced military budgets etc. However, he's labelled a radical by the US establishment because he directly affects their hold on financial power, which they have been allowed to grow over decades due to pro-corporate/anti-worker policies.

I know that you know this.
Other western governments are also pro corporate though.

Corporate lobby groups (real estate sector, farm lobbys, mining lobbys, banking lobbys) own both our liberal and labour parties. Is sanders actually doing much to unwind corporate interests? It seems like Warren is the one who will actually do something on this front. Not Sanders.

None of this rebuts the point that identity politics can encompass religion. There's not a magic rule that only "beliefs" count as identity politics. For example, the appeal to "real Americans" is also a form of identity politics.
We are not discussing the meaning of a label. We are discussing whether discriminating based on religion can be ok as compared to discriminating based on race or gender.

Other western governments are also pro corporate though.

Corporate lobby groups (real estate sector, farm lobbys, mining lobbys, banking lobbys) own both our liberal and labour parties. Is sanders actually doing much to unwind corporate interests? It seems like Warren is the one who will actually do something on this front. Not Sanders.

Follow the money.

So... the Russians are helping the Sanders campaign. Hmmm... it's rather obvious their influence on here with the obsessive fixation some have with Bernie. Are you getting paid? Are "they" offering you free Premium Lifetime Platinum membership on BF? Transparency, please!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So... the Russians are helping the Sanders campaign. Hmmm... it's rather obvious their influence on here with the obsessive fixation some have with Bernie. Are you getting paid? Are "they" offering you free Premium Lifetime Platinum membership on BF? Transparency, please!

Don't worry, Bernie will get elected and your country will be well on its way to not being such a warmongering s**t hole responsible for the massacre of millions worldwide anymore.

Last edited:
MSNBC and CNN - as organizations - would absolutely much prefer Trump than Sanders.

Sanders upends the entire corporate establishment. Do some reading on who owns them.
If you are correct we will get wall to wall discussion on msnbc on sanders nefarious links with russia given the overnight revelations.

Im guessing not. When it doesnt happen will you admit this statement was wrong?

Cos the russians rigged the democrat nominee race. Sanders needs to withdraw from the race given the interference
Interesting - so any candidate who unwittingly receives support from Russia must withdraw from the race? Is that your proposed rule here? If so, then that would seem to give Russia a lot of power to influence things - all they need to do is support a candidate they don't like in some way and then 'accidentally' leak information about that support. Then bam, the candidate they don't like is eliminated according to this rule.

Or perhaps this rule is only for candidates you don't like?

Interesting - so any candidate who unwittingly receives support from Russia must withdraw from the race? Is that your proposed rule here? If so, then that would seem to give Russia a lot of power to influence things - all they need to do is support a candidate they don't like in some way and then 'accidentally' leak information about that support. Then bam, the candidate they don't like is eliminated according to this rule.

Or perhaps this rule is only for candidates you don't like?
I was over-embellishing obviously. But he should make a public statement on the issue and try to correct people on the fake russian propoganda spreading around the internet. The hit job that has been done on warrens campaign and now bloombergs has been terrible.

Don't worry, Bernie will get elected and your country will be well on its way to not being such a s**t hole anymore.
How much did you get paid for that post? Why do you have such an obsession with Bernie, a foreign candidate? What do you care if Americans don't have Medicare for All? It's up to Americans to decide. Have you even been to the United States? Why do you spend so much of your time on a footy website arguing disrespectfully about politics? So many questions. so many answers required.

I mean, you are the one supporting Bloomberg, how much is he paying you or are you really that dumb?

How much did you get paid for that post? Why do you have such an obsession with Bernie, a foreign candidate? What do you care if Americans don't have Medicare for All? It's up to Americans to decide. Have you even been to the United States? Why do you spend so much of your time on a footy website arguing disrespectfully about politics? So many questions. so many answers required.
Because Australia seems to follow the US politically now. If Bernie can succeed in the US, Australia still has a chance of being dragged to the left.

I want more for the poor and working class in our country and i don't see it happening without a Bernie revolution internationally.

It might be a bit hard for someone from the 'me' generation to grasp.

I mean, you are the one supporting Bloomberg, how much is he paying you or are you really that dumb?
Oh, the other paid Russian bot arrives not long after the other one. Coincidence? Misinform and divert. Only one person on this board knows who I'm supporting.

Back