2021-22 - NBA Award Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So people disagree heavily with the DPOY, the MIP is going to a #2 overall pick and the 6th man of the year played the most minutes for his team (again).

So people disagree heavily with the DPOY, the MIP is going to a #2 overall pick and the 6th man of the year played the most minutes for his team (again).
Who cares where a player was drafted, why do people have an issue with young players winning it? 'It is expected they improve massively'

Nah Ja leaping in to the MVP conversation is an outlier, if you make a jump like that you deserve to be in the discussion.

MIP should have an element of surprise to it imo. I dont think many are surprised Ja is this good, maybe that its so soon, but he was always favourably compared to Westbrook .

Thats why I picked Bane ahead of Poole. Poole was playing well last year and was probably the odds favourite to win it in preseason. Bane I personally hadn't even heard of and he is now the 3rd best player on a champ contender.

MIP should have an element of surprise to it imo. I dont think many are surprised Ja is this good, maybe that its so soon, but he was always favourably compared to Westbrook .

Thats why I picked Bane ahead of Poole. Poole was playing well last year and was probably the odds favourite to win it in preseason. Bane I personally hadn't even heard of and he is now the 3rd best player on a champ contender.
See i don't get this take, it is no where in the award suggested it needs to be reserved for bad players, or average players or players that are never expected to reach any great heights. Who simply improved the most.

Now just using some made up numbers to make my point a little easier

If Ja was an 80 out of 100 coming in to the year and ends it at a 95

And lets say Bane was a 65 and is a 79 at the end of the year should Bane get the award just because the leap was more unexpected?

I am not surprised Ja is this good, i am surprised he is this good this fast which is the entire point of the award he improved massively in the space of one year.

Now i think Poole would be my pick personally, maybe Maxey even over Ja. But i have no issue with young highly rated prospects winning the award if they explode in any given year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back