- Jul 15, 2014
- AFL Club
- Other Teams
- Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
I agree with most if not all of this. There is more:it's misinterpretation as well as stupidity. My biggest grievances:
- calling not 15m as soon as the player kicks the ball.
- Deliberate out of bounds. Many deliberates paid for guys making full efforts to keep the ball in and advantage their team.
- Push in the back isn't paid anymore.
- An inability to recognise staging.
- Star players getting special treatment and more time allowed to dispose of the ball. i.e. bont, danger etc.
- Throws rarely getting paid.
- incredible inconsistency with holding the ball decisions.
- Running too far. The amount of times guys run 20-25m and don't get pulled up for it.
- high free kick when it’s literally the player that initiated the high contact whether staging or not (e.g., lifting the shoulder, running into a stationary player head first)
- in the back being inconsistently paid (e.g. someone riding on another player is not a free kick but a slight drop onto the back of a player
To me, there are too many free kicks paid across the league. I’d rather the average be around 12-15. I want only the obvious ones paid and not the 50/50 ones.