AFLW 2021 AFLW Trade Period - OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of candidates for delisting - Edmonds, Woodward, Monahan, Dargan and Molan all well below the required standard last year

That’s just silly. Molan is absolutely no chance of getting delisted.

Thank Christ Fredericks is gone... Complete waste of a list spot. The young agile players just cruise around her and she can't use her one strength (her size) to any advantage.
Yea sadly for her, the game very quickly evolved from a park standard game to start favouring the athletes, really hope we add some pace to our side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pick swaps suggest otherwise

I've observed that AFLW picks outside the first round doesn't quite hold the same value as the big boys draft. Circumstances with the girls can vary more widely as their incomes are just not in the same stratosphere so trading of picks tends to mean less. It's a bit more argy-bargy than science. As the bio suggests, has been involved in footy at GWS, Melbourne and Collingwood. On first blush you would be right to think a bit of a fringe player, but when you look at her on field attributes, she offers a bit, and is neater than some of our list already, suggesting she may quickly become best 20.

Last edited:
Mail has just come in, Kate Sheahan has traded herself from Collingwood to Richmond, for Sab Frederick Richmond to Collingwood
Everyone get excited, she's putting the boots back on :p

Oh stop it! You had me all excited for a moment then - I still think Sheahan is our anchor! Can't she be Collingwood's now please......

AFLW House fax machine broken.

I heard it needsa dusting and a good service to make it operative again - plenty of pigeons around..........

I've observed that AFLW picks outside the first round doesn't quite hold the same value as the big boys draft. Circumstances with the girls can vary more widely as their incomes are just not in the same stratosphere. As the bio suggest, has been involved in footy at GWS, Melbourne and Collingwood. On first blush you would be right to think a bit of a fringe player, but when you look at her on field attributes, she offers a bit, and is neater than some of our list already, suggesting she may quickly become best 20.

I think the potential is definitely there. Not sure why she couldn't quite maintain her starting spot at AFLW level over the last three years. Injury played some part but not all. Started on the bench in 8 of her 13 games. Seems to have good skills so maybe just needs more opportunity. Didn't quite see the turn of speed as some suggested which would be handy if she was on a wing but looks like she covers the ground really well.

Looking forward to seeing what she can bring to the team.

As i said in an earlier post
" we gave up our pick 16 the year we got her, surely Collingwood's 1st pick (pick 16) has to be involved with maybe our 2nd (our compo pick, No 26) going their way, not just a Maddie Shevlin swap"
And it happens :cool:

Thanks Draft Whisperer.............;)

You guys might think I'm crazy, but given her value would be low right now I'd have a go at Harris as a ruck rather than a forward. Watching her at the blues, she never got her hand on it forward but did a good job whenever I saw her up the ground.

Carlton never played enough to her strengths - was probably good tactics by oppos, but Carlton often got forced wide - except against us!

Yea sadly for her, the game very quickly evolved from a park standard game to start favouring the athletes, really hope we add some pace to our side

Spot on Bo. Speed kills. This is an area we got wrong from day one and we have had a battle to address it. Quicker ball movement has helped but this relies on clean ball use and too often we just killed the movement through fumbles.

Seeing new recruit Tessa Lavey break lines last season was a highlight. Need more of it.

Last edited:
I think her marketing request is fair, she's recognisable and in the public a lot. Marketability doesnt necessarily relate to on field performance. Plus, isn't it paid by the afl anyway so who cares?

I agree you cant build a team around her but I'm thinking of her as an addition to help what is a good starting midfield, not the centrepiece. Given she's not exactly got clubs lining up youd think we could get her for a reasonable wage. After all we paid 800k to turn lynch into a role player.

If you ask Dusty - he too just plays his role. That's how they all are in front of a microphone mate!

Last edited:
Unfortunately for Sabs she lost the form in her final year at Brisbane and

Spot on Bo. Speed kills. This is an area we got wrong from day one and we have had a battle to address it. Quicker ball movement has helped but this relies on clean ball use and too often we just killed the movement through fumbles.

Seeing new recruit Tessa Lavey break lines last season was a highlight. Need more of it.

Spot on, players with good hands are crucial, ex basketball, oz tag, rugby etc.... Maddie Shevlin fits that bill at least

You guys might think I'm crazy, but given her value would be low right now I'd have a go at Harris as a ruck rather than a forward. Watching her at the blues, she never got her hand on it forward but did a good job whenever I saw her up the ground.

Club has already said they aren't interested.

Think the consensus among AFLW circles is that she is a boxer who dabbles in a bit of footy from time to time.

Has a battle to convince potential 3rd club otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back