No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Article by Josh Dunkley regarding sports gambling.

The wonderful and bizarre world of social media and self-entitlement;

I (Dunkley) grabbed my phone, opened Instagram, and lo and behold someone had sent me a picture of their losing multi bet, which would have paid out around AU$2,500 had I finished the game with 20+ disposals. Unfortunately for him, I had 19.
Along with the screenshot was a message that read: "this is what you cost me tonight. That's bulls---. You need to transfer the money to me right now." He even sent me his bank details! I honestly find it quite amazing what people say and what they think they're entitled to.

I told a few of the guys on the bus and quickly discovered I wasn't the only one receiving these types of messages. Half the team confirmed they too had copped similar sprays from punters.

I got the shits last night.
Was on one of the footy shows.
Praise Libba and how good his form is at the moment3
They showed 4 passages of play.
Three had blatant throws out of congestion.
Why is no one in the media calling them on their BS?
The rules have changed you can flick pass again and it's bullshit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Featuring Australian Rules Football players Michael O’Loughlin, Michael ‘Sonny’ Walters, and Tarryn Thomas, Warriors On The Field celebrates Aboriginal Australia and its long history and association with the AFL.

Produced by the Australian Football League, EQ Media and Amazon Studios, this one-hour documentary will launch exclusively on Amazon Prime Video in 2021 in Australia and in over 240 countries and territories worldwide.

Brodie Kemp to debut for the Blues this weekend. Great to see, he was a gun junior and has had a sh*t run with injuries thus far. Not his fault he ended up at that mob.

Really high on him in his draft year and his ACL really derailed top 3 potential.

Will be good to see how he goes

The rules have changed you can flick pass again and it's bullshit
They don't even other flick passing. At least that was a skill. These are good old fashioned throws. Two handed throws. One handed throws. Dropping the ball as soon as tackled. Deliberately let ball go. Nick Dalsanto says the rule is difficult for the umpires to adjudicate. It should not be. The AFL has made this rule difficult. Dislodging and prior opportunity require interpretation.

Here is the rule:

It is far more complex than it used to be. The rule used to clearly state that if a player did not handball or kick the ball it was holding the ball or incorrect disposal. Not now. These stupid bastards that run the AFL are just making everything more confusing. No wonder the umpiring is a disgrace

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was looking at the Swans Academy draw in the Nab League and can see that on June 5 they are playing in Melbourne with no venue listed....same day as Swans v Saints at Marvel.....how good would it be if they could play a curtain raiser, would be a early start, maybe 10am? But would be a good opportunity to get to see what’s in the academy this year

I think the rule changes the AFL brought in this season have been a huge success (there's a first time for everything!!) But they need to have a look at the throwing, incorrect disposal, dripping of the ball.

They need to reward the tackler, but also penalise the negating tactics where a pinged player stands over the ball and their opponent. They should award a 20m penalty for the first infringement and a full 50m penalty if they transgress again. That'll get the ball moving quickly again, and go back to when the tackle was rewarded.

Yep. In my mind it's incorrect disposal in both cases, either dropping the ball, making no effort to dispose correctly, or throwing via the "push ball" where the hand holding the ball does most of the propulsion.
Go hard on it for a few weeks and watch the behaviour change. Players adapt to interpretations.
Enforce this and you ruin Tom Liberatores career

I think the rule changes the AFL brought in this season have been a huge success (there's a first time for everything!!) But they need to have a look at the throwing, incorrect disposal, dripping of the ball.

They need to reward the tackler, but also penalise the negating tactics where a pinged player stands over the ball and their opponent. They should award a 20m penalty for the first infringement and a full 50m penalty if they transgress again. That'll get the ball moving quickly again, and go back to when the tackle was rewarded.
That's really hard for an ump to keep track of, you're asking them to keep track of on every player on the field. I feel its a bit cumbersome & not fair to the umpires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back