No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen mate most of the players who left did so because we could not pay them due to the Buddy & Tippett deals. Some others for greater opportunities and more money or to be near family.

For instance two players who I would still love at the club are Tim Membrey and Nick Newman. Membrey was told there would be no more money for a new contract, very short sighted by the footy dept as we retained far worse players who should never have even been on our list. Newman was gutted when cut by the club. Both have forged very good careers elsewhere. Membrey may well play in a GF this year if they perform like they did in the preseason.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Newman?
Barely a flicker at a poor club like Carlton.

Former Eagle Adam Hunter charged with domestic violence , how many of these scum have had police charges

Former Eagle Adam Hunter charged with domestic violence , how many of these scum have had police charges

Amazing isn’t it. Bloody wish that mob never won in 2006. Kerr, Chick, Cousins, Hunter and I’m sure I’ve missed a few but how many players from one team can face police charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing isn’t it. Bloody wish that mob never won in 2006. Kerr, Chick, Cousins, Hunter and I’m sure I’ve missed a few but how many players from one team can face police charges.

Imagine the stories we dont know about with that group, probably the most toxic culture a club could have.

I bet if it was the NRL they would of been stripped of the 06 flag.

Sampi allegedly threatened his partner and her sister with a knife, although he wasn't charged. Wirrpanda was also found guilty of drink driving.

Then there was Fletcher's Vegas incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fletcher absolute rat , i wonder if the trainers packed the Ice pipes

It will be interesting to see how we fare under the new rules.
All the bleating about the man on the mark rule seems to have died down. The players have got used to it.
Of more interest is that the rotations are down from 90 to 75. Fatigue will play a role.
Buckley said after the Richmond game that Collingwood had taken (if I remember correctly) 140 marks, about double the usual. This is a result of a more open game.
This view will be unpopular, but if there are more marks, I expect Reid to do well this year. Reid is a very good contested mark. The problem is that he is not a no1 key forward, but always does better when there are other tall forwards presenting. This is where I'm excited about the Wolverine.

Of course, this is dependent upon the delivery. Dawson and Campbell, Rampe, Blakey lead me to great optimism for the season ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back