List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Cerra and F3 for F2 and 6 from Carlton
trade Carlton F2 and 27 for Clark and 34
draft hand : 6,8,34 and gain Clark
keep F1 and F2 next year

values Clark at about pick 22 (if we finish same possie as this year)

Last edited:
“Last year we drafted entirely out of WA, I’m not sure if that will be the case again this year but there’s certainly some young players there that we’re really interested in.”
Sooooo who we takin from interstate 👀

I'm glad they're looking, there are plenty that appeal and also fill a need e.g. Rachelle, Chesser, Andrew, Ward, Sinn, Goater, Draper, Sonsie

I think that is 2 cat a rookie spots

Two if Hughes stays on the rookie list, three if he doesn’t.

Hughes, Bewley and Watson were all rookies this season.

Technically it’s 1-3 rookie spots as we could have a larger senior list - don’t see us going that way though.

Brander meeting with Carlton, SPS to WC, does this help the Cerra trade or is it only pick 6 on the table now?
Blues going all out to play finals next year.

Two if Hughes stays on the rookie list, three if he doesn’t.

Hughes, Bewley and Watson were all rookies this season.

Technically it’s 1-3 rookie spots as we could have a larger senior list - don’t see us going that way though.
That’s right it was in response to 5ND spots

So at present it is 5 main + 2 cat a rookie spots

Getting closer to that time of year, when we find out who Walls’ has been hiding in his basement.
Treacy out of the shadows last year was a nice surprise
yeah I have a lot of faith in our drafting atm, and almost no faith in our trading in. I'd be giving Walls everything we can while he's on a roll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s right it was in response to 5ND spots

So at present it is 5 main + 2 cat a rookie spots

I’ve assumed Hughes has been upgraded which is where we differ.

Either way it’s seven spots total. By draft time I expect to fill six of those spots with senior listed players and one in the rookie draft. Not only is their room for Clark, we probably need to trade future picks for players or 2021 draft picks.

If a deal can’t be worked out with the blues and Cerra is heading to the PSD, does he sigh with the Roos or come back to freo for another season? Would that be a mistake for Freo or firm stance from Bell ?

If a deal can’t be worked out with the blues and Cerra is heading to the PSD, does he sigh with the Roos or come back to freo for another season? Would that be a mistake for Freo or firm stance from Bell ?

He wouldn’t have a choice but to go to North. If North didn’t want him Collingwood (salary cap issues probably mean not) or Hawthorn will.

We don’t exactly hold the power in this situation but Carlton is only slightly ahead at best.

Gold Coast could be the team to target for picks in a downgrade.

I know I know, many here will say take top 10 picks to draft.

But, anyone here give up 8 for 19, 22 and Brodie? Then give 22 for Clark?

So 8 becomes Brodie, Clark and 19?

No, I won’t be giving Geelong 22. I would like us to take two Top 10 picks this year. Make good selections. And, no flopping for other clubs. We are nearly there. Let’s stay on track. Brodie if I read correctly can be ours for very little. And, he’s contracted, right?

That’s what I mean. ( no chance he gets past Roos )
But if they are his only option do you think he would likely sigh on for another year at freo?
I mean it’s not like he doesn’t like the club, if the reports are true it’s family reasons. So he could just play another year here or go to north?

Cause if that’s the case we could hold a little more power

The speculation about Cerra wanting to go to Carlton seems to be mostly about Carlton being one club that Cerra's manager and Fremantle has identified as a club that could do a deal that satisfies all parties.

So I just came back from South Freo shops. Walked past Rory Lobb. He was wearing a red trackie top with yellow trim, and his gf was dragging a little light blue carry on sized bag, with a picture of the sun on it.
But he had on a purple cap. And her shirt said #loveFreo.
He was also carrying a handmade A4 sign that said ‘Pick 19 or GTFO’.
So very confusing. 🤔

Because you can't see why he isn't a wingman doesn't make him a wingman.

Geelong fans seem to consistently limit him to being a defender, and their coaches brought in players to play on the wing rather than play him there.

The evidence he can play that position is pretty limited.
And because you don’t think he is doesn’t mean he can’t .

The speculation about Cerra wanting to go to Carlton seems to be mostly about Carlton being one club that Cerra's manager and Fremantle has identified as a club that could do a deal that satisfies all parties.

I understand that part. But if Carlton for example don’t budge on their offer of pick *8, do freo then hold out that he would rather play another year here or go to north ?

I understand that part. But if Carlton for example don’t budge on their offer of pick *8, do freo then hold out that he would rather play another year here or go to north ?
I dont think this is going to be an issue regardless of what some Carlton posters were saying. Early media talk was Carlton trying to do SPS with pick 6 in some way. There will be something coming with 6, it's just a question of what

Carlton won't give up 6* & 25* and Fremantle will want a bit more than pick 6*. I don't see the middle ground in that as being something that will drag on through a trade period.

If Carlton is the club then they should be able to sort that out early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back