• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

bigman

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
When is the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft?
The evening of Wednesday, June 2, in the week following round 11. Nominations for eligible players opens at 9am AEST on Monday, May 10 and close at 5pm AEST on Tuesday, May 25.

Watch all the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft picks LIVE and EXCLUSIVE on AFL.com.au
and the AFL Live Official App from 6.30pm AEST on Wednesday, June 2

Nicks today saying if the right player is there we may have up to 3 picks
In the mid season draft

he mentioned small forward role and quick midfielder as options they were focusing on

no mention of ruck

Last edited by a moderator:

Based on the highlights he’s a nice kick of the ball
based on the draft prospect highlights reels on youtube etc nearly every player looks a gun...

thats why they are called “highlights“ reels!..

guess we’ll find out soon enough how good he is when he lines up for us in the SANFL in a couple of weeks... all 67kgs of him.

Just what we needed! A 176cm defender.

He can join the queue behind Brown, McPherson, Mackay, Jones, Hamill, and Milera. And the Hinge, Kelly, Smith, Worrell types we tend to play as defensive utilities
McPherson , Mackay and Jones won’t be there in 2 years time . Smith getting on and Milera needs to become a mid , Hammill needs to tidy up his kicking if he is too make it .

Noble and Snelling played AFL very soon after which I doubt Mcentee will. Also they didn't end up playing against their old team a couple of weeks later either.
How soon they played AFL doesn't change the fact the SANFL team lost two valuable players in one day. They're gone from the team and not replaced but like I said what can you do?
Good on the lads making it to the AFL.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the rules are that McEntee can't play for the Power ressies against Sturt this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn’t look overly confident when he shat the bed with all 9 of his possessions against Richmond.
The games against West Coast and Melbourne he was playing with more confidence, even with possessions he got in the midfield and forward after starting in the back half he showed more composure.

That's a stupid strategy. Surely you take a player in a position wich is a weakness.

No, it's just a strategy.

I wanted a Ruck, but if we weren't overly excited with what was on the table why feel forced to take one?

Just because it's not what you would have done doesn't mean it was wrong.

Funny bloke, try the veal.
At least McEntee had the cojones to play last weekend.
Two of our most consistent players all year gone for no compensation.
Anyone would have to be a dead set myopic c*** to think this was good for Aussie Rules
These young men devote their lives to fulfilling their dream and work incredibly hard. When we’re home eating a chicken Snitty, they’re running 2K time trials. Disappointing when you can’t get behind their success.

They’re trying to make a life, a living - not just entertain blokes standing on the hill sinking West End tins

Just because some big footy posters constantly jump at shadows, doesn't mean the club has to bend over backwards to appease them.
My post is me expressing MY opinion. The club has still got a lot of work to do to undo the damage from the past few years. There is nothing wrong with them coming out to give the supporters some understanding of what the club is trying to do. (which I see there has been some statement about their objective). As for your second part of your post the club really needs to bend over backwards to appease all it members/supporters. That is also MY opinion.

That's a stupid strategy. Surely you take a player in a position wich is a weakness.
I thought you said that winning an extra game or two this year or next year was meaningless?

I believe the logic is to look at where our current players will be in 2-3 years time. Looking purely at our medium/small defenders both Brown and Smith will be near the end or gone. Hell, even Mackay may be down to his last few years on the list. That leaves Hamill, McPherson, Hinge and possibly Kelly.

IMHO we need to find additional quality players in almost every position so taking the best available player kinda makes sense to me.

No, it's just a strategy.

I wanted a Ruck, but if we weren't overly excited with what was on the table why feel forced to take one?

Just because it's not what you would have done doesn't mean it was wrong.
My problem with it is that they took a player where we have many of the same type. Jones, McPherson, Brown, Smith, Seedsman, Hamill, Hinge, Mackay, Milera, Sholl. We need a decent backup ruck, another tall marking forward and a decent highly skilled quick small forward. In saying that I think Worrell can be a 3rd tall marking forward if given an opportunity which he deserves. Coleman-Jones is also a player the club is likely interested in. We also need a couple of quality mids but it's better to get them in the main draft or a trade. Our last need is a young KPD with some experience but it's better to trade them in. We should be targetting someone like Brennan Cox from Freo who is exactly what we need with Talia bowing out this year or next most likely. I would have thought that a backup ruck is more of a pressing need in this mid season draft. If ROB goes down we are pretty much stuffed.

Last edited:
Back