Preview Changes Vs Collingwood Sunday 25th June.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain to me how we’re playing an away game, and 3 of our 4 emergencies (Schoenberg, Gollant and Cook) just played in the SANFL today, meaning we’ve travelled to Melbourne with McHenry as sub and NO travelling emergency?

So if someone pings a calf in the warmup tomorrow, we have no sub, unless we fly someone over tonight who already played today.

This seems like the dumbest piece of team management since Tom Lynch as the injured sub…

The predictability of it, and using a win against one of the worst AFL teams to go around in the leagues history as a reason not to mess with a winning side

The week before we got embarrassed by Gold Coast. From that team, there's only been 1 change, which was a forced change from Doedee's injury.

In principle, there should have been 2-3 omissions. Instead we had none. Everyone got rewarded with 2 extra games.

Do we really think that Gold Coast game was such top quality, that the team gets the next 2 games together?

The West Coast win means nothing, but the commentary was that the boys earned their spot for this game against Collingwood. Did they * ..

I would drop the poor performers against Gold Coast. I know they're the whipping boys, but Sholl, McHenry and Murphy had poor games against GC and are on the nose for a reason.

Meanwhile, our reserves are 7 goals to 0 up at half time with Hately, Nankervis, McAdam, Cook, Schoenberg having good games, not to mention Brown and Crouch.

So we have:
  • a first team in poor form (the WC game means absolutely nothing)
  • a reserves team in good form
  • but no reserves player can dislodge any of the 22 first team players, who must all be playing at such a high level?? Spare me.

Probably indicates what we think of the Sanfl level this year. Half the South kids are 17-20 years old
Watching a fair bit of Sanfl lately and Worrell is the only player I have seen at the level in the last 6-7 weeks I thought - he looks too good for this

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

McCreery & Ginnivan outside their best XXII is pretty impressive.

Hope I’m way off but am worried all the buzz of Tex’s 10 in his 250th and the re-signings will leave us a bit too comfortable.

Collingwood ferals screaming as we run into the G should snap us into action though.
Ginnivan is pretty average tbh.

Can someone explain to me how we’re playing an away game, and 3 of our 4 emergencies (Schoenberg, Gollant and Cook) just played in the SANFL today, meaning we’ve travelled to Melbourne with McHenry as sub and NO travelling emergency?

So if someone pings a calf in the warmup tomorrow, we have no sub, unless we fly someone over tonight who already played today.

This seems like the dumbest piece of team management since Tom Lynch as the injured sub…
Gather we will fly over one of our sanfl players as an extra.

If there is a late out, McHenry starts & either Schoenberg, Cook or Gollant will be the sub.

Probably didn't want to risk someone having no game for two full weekends

Did Cook Park on the bench for the 2nd half? Maybe we'll fly him over

If someone gets injured they become the sub (ala Tom lynch) and McHenry comes in. 😆

They could fly them over if required on the day and still be on the ground quicker than Lynch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Godden was interviewed on 891 this morning. He said all three emergencies would play SANFL today but one of them would only play part of the game and would fly over with Godden after the SANFL game.

I presume that Brayden Cook is just finishing his fourth serve at the smorgasbord and will be about to hit the sack (or hit the Clubs if he has been listening to Bernie Vince 😄).

Lucky we are both coming off the bye
The current bye structure is a disaster. Just have a week break for all teams or play a standalone match with two top teams. A Showdown or Collingwood v Melb would be good options. The month of mostly bad games we now have weakens the momentum of the season.

The current bye structure is a disaster. Just have a week break for all teams or play a standalone match with two top teams. A Showdown or Collingwood v Melb would be good options. The month of mostly bad games we now have weakens the momentum of the season.
State of Origin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back