Preview Changes Vs Collingwood Sunday 25th June.

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually thought they might still keep Billy in to stretch us a bit more and play backup ruck so Cox can stay forward and clunk some marks. Risky putting Howe in, but they must be confident he's good to go, but thought they'd give him at least a week in the VFL to get some run into his legs.
Apparently he's got no feeling in his fingers, surely can't be right to play?

Beau McCreery is a big out for Collingwood imo, really rate him...super quick and would tear us up. Go Crows!

McCreery & Ginnivan outside their best XXII is pretty impressive.

Hope I’m way off but am worried all the buzz of Tex’s 10 in his 250th and the re-signings will leave us a bit too comfortable.

Collingwood ferals screaming as we run into the G should snap us into action though.

Going by Rachelle’s presser the other day, we’ll be trying to hit up short precision passes and try to use the angles at the G to beat collingwoods defensive press, we would have to be moving it quick though.

Think it’ll be a cracking game to be honest

McCreery & Ginnivan outside their best XXII is pretty impressive.

Hope I’m way off but am worried all the buzz of Tex’s 10 in his 250th and the re-signings will leave us a bit too comfortable.

Collingwood ferals screaming as we run into the G should snap us into action though.
Would you be comfortable knowing you struggle to win away and especially at the mcg? 2017? Playing the best team in the comp?

I wouldn’t be. It would be our best win in a long time if we can manage to beat Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming out of the bye, game could easily be scheduled on any day. Put it on a Sunday, to give a 6 day break immediately afterwards. Who comes up with this s**t?

Beau McCreery is a big out for Collingwood imo, really rate him...super quick and would tear us up. Go Crows!
Just a good, hard footballer that makes you earn every possession when he’s in the vicinity. I would love to see him at the AFC. More than a lot of players this board throws up as possible targets.

Why? Not intending to be flippant. Just genuinely wondering why rage was your response?
The predictability of it, and using a win against one of the worst AFL teams to go around in the leagues history as a reason not to mess with a winning side

The week before we got embarrassed by Gold Coast. From that team, there's only been 1 change, which was a forced change from Doedee's injury.

In principle, there should have been 2-3 omissions. Instead we had none. Everyone got rewarded with 2 extra games.

Do we really think that Gold Coast game was such top quality, that the team gets the next 2 games together?

The West Coast win means nothing, but the commentary was that the boys earned their spot for this game against Collingwood. Did they * ..

I would drop the poor performers against Gold Coast. I know they're the whipping boys, but Sholl, McHenry and Murphy had poor games against GC and are on the nose for a reason.

Meanwhile, our reserves are 7 goals to 0 up at half time with Hately, Nankervis, McAdam, Cook, Schoenberg having good games, not to mention Brown and Crouch.

So we have:
  • a first team in poor form (the WC game means absolutely nothing)
  • a reserves team in good form
  • but no reserves player can dislodge any of the 22 first team players, who must all be playing at such a high level?? Spare me.

The predictability of it, and using a win against one of the worst AFL teams to go around in the leagues history as a reason not to mess with a winning side

The week before we got embarrassed by Gold Coast. From that team, there's only been 1 change, which was a forced change from Doedee's injury.

In principle, there should have been 2-3 omissions. Instead we had none. Everyone got rewarded with 2 extra games.

Do we really think that Gold Coast game was such top quality, that the team gets the next 2 games together?

The West Coast win means nothing, but the commentary was that the boys earned their spot for this game against Collingwood. Did they * ..

I would drop the poor performers against Gold Coast. I know they're the whipping boys, but Sholl, McHenry and Murphy had poor games against GC and are on the nose for a reason.

Meanwhile, our reserves are 7 goals to 0 up at half time with Hately, Nankervis, McAdam, Cook, Schoenberg having good games, not to mention Brown and Crouch.

So we have:
  • a first team in poor form (the WC game means absolutely nothing)
  • a reserves team in good form
  • but no reserves player can dislodge any of the 22 first team players, who must all be playing at such a high level?? Spare me.
I see your argument, even though I don't really buy it. You reward a win. And I don't think the players you mention had such terrible games that they deserve to be dropped. Obviously they're considered best 22 by the coaches. But either way - rage is a strange response.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back