grayza2018

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2017
The Cottage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Pretty happy with our work over the past few days! Some good drafting, I'm not too concerned about the lack of height from last night's picks, Dean in the mix now and we have got a few young guys on the list already we can look to develop further (Kelly, McMahon, Begg).

Excited for 2022!

Last edited:

Hardas

Hall of Famer
May 7, 2011
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Tottenham, Oakland Raiders
Pretty happy with our work over the past few days! Some good drafting, I'm not too concerned about the lack of height from last night's pucks, Dean in the mix now and we have got a few young guys on the list already we can look to develop further (Kelly, McMahon, Begg).

Excited for 2022!
Yep, plus Johnson too. A lot more options now - let's hope there's a proper VFL season this time too.

Pie eyed

Premium Platinum
Jun 26, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Magpies
We went into the trade and draft period with ..

Max Lynch

2021 Pick 34
2021 Pick 39
2021 Pick 41
2021 Pick 45

2022 CFC first round
2022 CFC second round
2022 CFC third round
2022 CFC fourth round

We came out of the trade and draft period with …

Patrick Lipinski
Nathan Krueger

2021 Pick 4 Nick Daicos
2021 Pick 45 Arlo Draper
2021 Pick 49 Cooper Murley
2021 Pick 52 Harvey Harrison

2022 CFC first round
2022 Hawks third round
2022 Richmond third round
2022 Western Bulldogs third round

… that all seems like a good outcome?
Add Charlie Dean an Isaac Chugg to that list too.

Gone Critical

Mar 11, 2007
Abbotsford
AFL Club
Collingwood
I simply can't get my head around those that completely ignore pick 2 would have been swallowed by North bidding on Daicos.

The only explanation I can imagine is runaway anti-club bias.
I don't care about anyone's involvement if we had retained pick 2 north would have bid at pick 1.
I was going to leave this John and concentrate on this years draft which has been so much better than 2020. However if you want to persist the one thing that wouldnt have happened is the senario you are pushing that pick 2 would have been consumed as Daicos points. If North bid we trade 2 for a very valuable 2022 1st and if they dont we have Daicos plus Callaghan. Thats how it would have ended if we had the pick on draft day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't care about anyone's involvement if we had retained pick 2 north would have bid at pick 1.
Why would they have been more likely to bid? What would have been the point. If they bid we would have traded it to some other club for a future first. Some other club gets Callaghan. We get a likely kid next year. Nothing changes for North.

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good to see the Pies replenish all the KPP stocks with all these drafts while rebuilding.
Howe, Roughead and Moore injured for a stretch of games per year, and with Madgen being the main back - it's good to see they have a plan for the future backline.

lol

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why would they have been more likely to bid? What would have been the point. If they bid we would have traded it to some other club for a future first. Some other club gets Callaghan. We get a likely kid next year. Nothing changes for North.
Pointless explaining to those who don't want to know sr.

Some people want to 'make them pay/earn it' - and pick 2 would be too tempting.

You and some others don't want to believe it but I grew up in the rough streets and I know the darker side of human nature.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
You and some others don't want to believe it but I grew up in the rough streets and I know the darker side of human nature.
If it was a straight we lose equation, with no other result, I'd agree. But the equation discussed is that anything we lost another team other than North would have gained. As we would have simply traded the pick to another team who would have used it. They wouldn't have had any more reason to bid than the situation which occurred.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Poulter looks likely, he’d be elsewhere same with McMahon

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad