Game Day 2021 preseason game 1 Richmond vs Colonwood, 7:25pm Friday 5/3, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Colonwood played that like a gf, mason cox hahahaha

i don’t sorry but maybe k31th has ?
biaseddustyfan

send those campaigners an email saying you want to buy it for download only rather than via print.

At the ground, we looked much faster than them, very sharp. I was quite happy with our ball movement.

I also noticed we dished off a lot of short passes to move the more swiftly around back half but not stagnant in doing so, players kept moving.
We were easily the better team regardless of only winning by a goal. Nank, Dusty, Cotchin and Grimes all off after half time.

Even with 5-6 mins left we were up by 4 goals. But a few silly errors and umps blowing the whistle for the pies, they closed the gap.
And how can we leave out the umpires pet Mason dud Cox, chol put a fingernail on him and it resulted in a cox goal.

Cox couldn't get near it when Balta and Grimes were patrolling the back half in tandem. Only when grimes went off and Balta rotating in the ruck that Cox got more into the game.

Overall a good hit out before RD 1

At the ground, we looked much faster than them, very sharp. I was quite happy with our ball movement.

I also noticed we dished off a lot of short passes to move the more swiftly around back half but not stagnant in doing so, players kept moving.
We were easily the better team regardless of only winning by a goal. Nank, Dusty, Cotchin and Grimes all off after half time.

Even with 5-6 mins left we were up by 4 goals. But a few silly errors and umps blowing the whistle for the pies, they closed the gap.
And how can we leave out the umpires pet Mason dud Cox, chol put a fingernail on him and it resulted in a cox goal.

Cox couldn't get near it when Balta and Grimes were patrolling the back half in tandem. Only when grimes went off and Balta rotating in the ruck that Cox got more into the game.

Overall a good hit out before RD 1

Nice summary. 😉

Thought Egg did enough, handball feeder type role.
Liked the look of Will Martyn.
Old fashioned aggressive style, rattled the Pies mids on a couple of occasions.
Can niggle the best opp mids each week, overall, he blends in well.
St Kilda is touted as a major chance this year, won't be long before someone targets King, they'll go for him in a marking contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be tough competition for the wing spots if everyone is fit. Very hard to separate McIntosh, Caddy and Pickett, they all showed their worth and not sure which one misses out. Pickett’s disposal isn’t always great but makes up with toughness and defensive game, Caddy is a touch slow sometimes but can hit the scoreboard and has footy smarts, and McIntosh flushes goals from the 50 and runs all day, but prone to the occasional brain fade (although fewer than before). Going to be interesting to watch how it unfolds

Last edited:
Going to be tough competition for the wing spots if everyone is fit. Very hard to separate McIntosh, Caddy and Pickett, they all showed their worth and not sure which one misses out. Pickett’s disposal isn’t always great but makes up with toughness and defensive game, Caddy is a touch slow sometimes but can hit the scoreboard and has footy smarts, and McIntosh flushes goals from the 50 and runs all day, but prone to the occasional brain fade (although fewer than before). Going to be interesting to watch how it unfolds
McIntosh is a lock

Good solid hitout, no injuries, great result.

Fantastic to see our many veterans looking so fit and sharp this early in the year, especially Jack and Caddy after both had significantly down on usual output seasons in 2020. Caddy looks fitter than he's ever been and clearly has a hunger to match. Dan Rioli looks like he'll have a far better season, Shedda looking downright ominous considering he's typically a slow starter.

Short and Georgie picked right up where they left off, Short's a fair dinkum unstoppable machine. Seems to have added a few kg of extra muscle too which was pleasing to see. Georgie kicked 2/3 set shots if I'm not mistaken - get on him for the Coleman!

Defence was solid for the most part, really liked Baker's game (as I usually do). KMac is one seriously easy to love footballer these days.

Of the younger brigade, CCJ battled hard, some nice work at ground level, thoroughly deserved a major and wonderful to see how the boys got around him, that's what we're all about. Aarts played his usual solid game.

I'm a long way from writing off either Egg or Chol, both have got quality attributes that simply aren't common in the game and deserve to be thought of as works in progress, IMO.

Bring on Rd.1, immortality awaits and we're ready to grab it with both hands. :thumbsu::richmond:

Have to say that is the best early season form I have seen from a Tiggies team in a long time. We should have won that game by 6 or 7 goals.
Baker was outstanding. His hands are elite. Shorty immense. Mc Intosh has become a vital cog in the side. Absolute gut runner. Caddy & Astbury really impressed me, particularly in the first half. Grimes is a champion & Cotch thru himself into everything in the 1st half.
Chaos should have had six and Nank really bashed up Grundy.
CCJ Showed a bit. Chol was Ok & DES was very composed. Probably locks in that final list spot.
All in all pleasantly surprised with how forward we were so early in the season.

Yeah we really should be replicating the last 2 years with all the kids playing but without it being forced via injuries. It seems the best approach. Although let’s not rely on winning the last to make top 4 every year. Too stressful
I just hope we can have a season where go undefeated and smash every team by 10+ goals and watch the hope of the oppo and media run out and make them cry, is that too much to ask 🤣 dusty for brownlow, flag, norm and coleman too, would jizz

Caddy plays. If Marlion misses out then so be it
Agree caddy and Kmac wings for round 1
Wouldn’t be shocked if Pickett plays round 1 but starts on the bench will be handy since he seemed decent down back and can also help on the wings

Will need versatile players like him due to the drop in rotations this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back