List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Our recruiting team did a lot of trips out to WA in 2019 for whatever reason. It’s mentioned in To Hell and Back after they draft Rivers, they say it “really makes all that travel” to WA worthwhile. Guess we saw a lot of Taj then. Worse for interstate recruiters, there’s barely been any junior footy in Victoria in the last two years so they would have had to have been here for that brief window this year which would have been difficult given worries about being able to get home afterwards etc.
There's an interview with JT on the website today where he mentions interviewing Jackson early in 2019, and they rated him highly off U/16s form.
No, or little, Vic footy last couple of years does add a bit more of a gamble to some later picks, but might help someone we like slip through?
Wo Jnr seems a solid enough get as a late pick. I still like the romance of F/S.

I think it makes pulling late gems much easier to be honest.
I wouldn't say easier but I would say more likely

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

There's an interview with JT on the website today where he mentions interviewing Jackson early in 2019, and they rated him highly off U/16s form.
Yah. Hence them travelling to WA a lot in 2019 to see him play, and noticing Rivers more as a result.

I wouldn't say easier but I would say more likely

There are x number of players in each draft who have the capacity to be good players, and in a year with not a lot of exposed junior form more of them are likely to slide to the late rounds

What exactly are we after in this draft? We need a KPF. Wingman? Small defender?
The best available at our pick.

I don't think we 'need' anything.

Considering Jordan was getting a game I think we are still short on midfielders on the list

What exactly are we after in this draft? We need a KPF. Wingman? Small defender?
Forward impact midfield high skill/high IQ types - similar to last year but think we do eventually need to draft some taller mids. Can never have enough quality midfielders. I don’t know how many quality KPFs are taken in the late first round/early second round range but I don’t think it’s a lot

The best available at our pick.

I don't think we 'need' anything.

Considering Jordan was getting a game I think we are still short on midfielders on the list
Agree although I'm not as critical on Jordan as you are

We need to take a versatile tall at some stage to develop. Ideally be able to play fwd and back

Nah If you're infront at half time in a GF then you can't say what youre doing is an abject failure. They went for it, they almost got one.

Our whole boards going nuts on how amazing every single person at the club is, if we hadn't come back it would all be about the failures everywhere. There's gotta be a bloody middle ground.

I also don't live in Geelong and have a hate boner for em 😂
Every single person at our club is amazing though

Best available in any position, but essential to put a high priority on good skills. Last thing we need is depth players getting 45 a game in the VFL and making it hard not to pick them but then coming in playing half forward and having 5 touches and 4 turnovers.

Best available in any position, but essential to put a high priority on good skills. Last thing we need is depth players getting 45 a game in the VFL and making it hard not to pick them but then coming in playing half forward and having 5 touches and 4 turnovers.

Hey, you leave Matt Jones, Rohan Bail, James Magner, Shane Valenti, Jay Kennedy-Harris and Viv Michie out of this!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Woewodin was last year projected as a rookie at best. Seems to have progressed further and will now be very likely picked in the draft. Probably late pick though.
sounds like a late developer like his old man

Hey, you leave Matt Jones, Rohan Bail, James Magner, Shane Valenti, Jay Kennedy-Harris and Viv Michie out of this!

4 turnovers from 5 touches would have been a career day for some of these guys. Anything better than 0% efficiency a good output

Honestly Rohan Bail wouldn’t have gone too badly in our GF side as a half forward.

It’s funny, JKH will always have a weirdly disproportionate place in the memory of the rebuild, that preseason win against Richmond was part of the turning of the tide under Roos and was the first time in about three years that Dees fans had fun at the footy. Similarly the win against Adelaide that year, which was one of the few times he was actually able to play on ball. I find it so bizarre that he played six of the last seven games of the H&A season in 2018 when we were pushing for finals, inc R23. Kicked 1 goal in his last 17 games, and 3 goals from 25 games after 2014

I wouldn’t mind giving a one year deal to Atley, seems a fair upgrade on Hore.

Constable and Sier are only 22/23, both seem far too good to be getting delisted. Even if they aren’t getting games, that Casey midfield would be ridiculous.

I wouldn’t mind giving a one year deal to Atley, seems a fair upgrade on Hore.

Constable and Sier are only 22/23, both seem far too good to be getting delisted. Even if they aren’t getting games, that Casey midfield would be ridiculous.

Hore and Atley aren’t like for like. Atley is more like Hunt. I think the call is Turner is the Hore replacement.

Sier is a fair chance, Taylor liked him in his draft year.

Constable is meant to be so slow and have so little running ability that not even Geelong want him.

why do the blokes over at Demonland keep talking about Mac Andrew? He's more likely to go top 3 than be available at pick 17. Very strange, almost like they can't let it go.

I might be in the minority but I'd love a key forward with pick 17 for future planning, even if it's someone skinny who may take a few years to come on.

TMac is 30 next year and as much as I love him he has gone missing at times

BBrown will be 29 next month and came good late this year but has had a few injury issues which may slow him down in coming seasons

MBrown probably has 1 year left and is more of an insurance policy

Jackson will spend more time in the ruck and around the ground as he develops further.

Jury is still out on Weid

I might be in the minority but I'd love a key forward with pick 17 for future planning, even if it's someone skinny who may take a few years to come on.

BBrown will be 29 next month and came good late this year but has had a few injury issues which may slow him down in coming seasons

Jackson will spend more time in the ruck and around the ground as he develops further.

All valid points, but I'm taking the best available mid, and going for a young tall next year.

Brown injury permitting going to be good for another 2-3 seasons. Fritsch & Jackson still very young (I agree Jackson will have more ruck time but that just puts Gawn forward and stretches defences), then we have one of McDonald & Weid fighting for the same spot, which is exactly what you want as neither are absolute locks to have good years.

Our starting midfield is excellent but after the Oliver, Trac, Viney, Brayshaw, Langdon group, Harmes is the next man in, which is fine but feels like another high upside mid is needed in my view.

Sparrow has good upside, but might spend majority of his time as a medium forward. Jordon for mine likely to be on the fringes if everyone is at full health.

Next years draft apparently tall heavy too.

It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world to pick up a ready made free agent tall forward, like Richmond did with Lynch, rather than speculate and go early with a pick 17 for a need that may not pay off.

If Melbourne are still in the window for success attracting someone like that in a couple of years it should be doable.

Fritta is still young, And if Weid becomes a more than serviceable forward, then we are pretty sweet. With Tomlinson coming back, I can see Petty maybe going forward at times. Looked more than competent there. Best available at 17 I guess. Can never have enough good midfielders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back