List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

My memory of Jolly at Melbourne was that he was rubbish, but he was probably just a young developing ruck with us? Jamar was junk early too.
Nah he was developing nicely we just had Jeff White in the way.

Fair enough, I don’t remember his time with us well, just remember my old man spraying him a bit haha.
Was one of those players where if White had missed a season when he was there he probably blossomed with us and we keep him but White was so good those years

I thought he was just younger and a second ruck, no different to Mumford, Witts, Lycett ect and we have been good to all our second rucks. Letting them get the opportunity they deserve. I don’t think we didn’t rate them.

Can someone give a summary of this? It's paywall...

It's literally just an article talking about the players at different clubs who are yet to have their contracts extended but also haven't been delisted.

"Melbourne premiership defender Michael Hibberd headlines the AFL footballers whose playing future is yet to be revealed. Hibberd is one of three Demons, along with Marty Hore and mid-season draftee Kye Declase, not locked in for 2022. Among those hanging in the balance, still deciding whether to continue or yet to come to terms are West Coast’s Josh Kennedy and Shannon Hurn, Roos Trent Dumont and Shaun Atley, Collingwood’s Mason Cox and ex-Giants captain Phil Davis."

Maynard is a Free Agent next year... wonder if we will return to have a crack?
Would be a good get but depends on the salary situation. Jackson, Fritsch, Spargo, Petty, Bowey, Koz Sparrow all OOC end of next year and would be deserving of payrises.
Melksham probably goes to free up some room + a bunch of bottom dollar blokes but not sure that leaves much for Maynard or another biggish fish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah seems to have had a pretty decent finish to the year. Not a bad time to come into the club as a late pick/rookie F/S selection with zero pressure on you. Fair cry from the initiation Viney had.

Nah he was developing nicely we just had Jeff White in the way.
Yeah he just didn't like having to bide his time behind White, so he left

Considering how s**t we were for most of the rest of his career, its hard to argue against him making the right decision

Wonder if we re-rookie either of them.

List Manager Tim Lamb acknowledged both players for their service to the club.

“We thank both Marty and Kye for their dedication and commitment to the club,” Lamb told Melbourne Media.

“This is always a difficult time for everyone involved and we would like to wish both players all the best for their future endeavours.”

Doesn't sound to promising unfortunately. Declase in particular super stiff IMHO.

Wonder if we re-rookie either of them.
Declase was already on the rookie list.
A shame Declase didn’t even get a VFL game.
He was recruited from the VFL and has already played several seasons there, I don’t think he’ll mind too much. If anything it probably works out well. He can go back to Werribee without the confusion of having played for another VFL club while his old club was also competing for finals, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back