List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCJ is almost ideal for us.

He is in the perfect age demographic and his ability to play forward (averaging 1.5 goals a game) as well as in the ruck lets us tick both boxes from a list point of view.

This would allow us to move on Campbell with Xerri moving to #2 ruck.

However those expecting to get him for a 3rd rounder are living in dream land.

Lets break this down:

He's kicked 11 goals in 9 games, including 4 in one game, so his actual figure of 1.4 goals a game is inflated. Hardly a sample size that you can take to the bank.

His ruck work is horrible. I would wager that Edwards ruckwork is probably better at the moment.

If he comes in for whatever price, are we honestly looking at playing him alongside Larkey AND Comben? Seems too tall considering none of those three will be our back up ruck.

He has no runs on the board at all.

CCJ, Larkey and Comben as tall fowards who change into the ruck.

Zurhaar as the medium that keeps defenders honest.

I like it.
I reckon there's a bit of Petrie-Waite-Brown in that trio.

CCJ as the key forward/second ruck ala Drewie, Larkey as the straight kicking Brown analogue, and Comben as the aggressive key forward who's mobile and good at ground level like W80.

It will probably be 38 with a favourable exchange of future picks to Richmond. We aren’t dicks, but we aren’t exactly going to favour Richmond either.
I wanna be a dick

If Caro is against it, then you know it's the right call ;)

View attachment 1235402

What a load of shite. What does he owe them for? Being on the list for 4 years on minimum chips and really only playing VFL?

It's ironic that Caro pushes the view that Luke Darcy or Eddie shouldn't commentate on matches where their teams are involved. She should never write a paragraph about Richmond because she is seemingly incapable ob being objective in the slightest.

I'd be happy for a 2nd rnd pick, albeit next years for CCJ. 38 too low, 20 seems high but he will will play 22 games next year and could take Goldy's mantle. Has had some time to develop on a senior list and given he was a 2nd rnd pick and big men take time, could be the price we have to pay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's kicked 11 goals in 9 games, including 4 in one game, so his actual figure of 1.4 goals a game is inflated. Hardly a sample size that you can take to the bank.

Note he was injured early in one game so if you take that out hes averaging over 1.5 pg.

His ruck work is horrible. I would wager that Edwards ruckwork is probably better at the moment

Hes still a work in progress working hard with Goldy his tap work can improve and you dont want to expose Edwards body to AFL rucks for a few seasons.

If he comes in for whatever price, are we honestly looking at playing him alongside Larkey AND Comben? Seems too tall considering none of those three will be our back up ruck.

CCJ will play part time ruck.

Comden is still developing and having only played 1 game in 2 years I think he will benefit from playing some games in the 2s.

Don't know enough about Clavarino but we certainly need another warm body KPD on the list. I'd be keen to hear what others think of him
I posted about him earlier in this thread. I reckon he is worth a crack and adds some tall depth.

Oh dear God I just saw a Richmond fan say that CCJ for Noah Anderson should be the trade.

I posted about him earlier in this thread. I reckon he is worth a crack and adds some tall depth.
Looked like a tall defensive flanker to me and not particularly great one-on-one. The Saints played Joyce ahead of him.

Last edited:
It is about perspective & the reality is that a player that was selected pick 20 four years ago, is not retaining that value after only 9 games.

The precedence has been set in regards to players that are selected high & don't get games...

Dylan Stephens was Pick 5 in 2019 - Will he be traded for Pick 5?
Peter Wright was Pick 8 in 2014 - Traded for Fourth Round Pick
Jackson Hately was Pick 14 in 2018 - Walked to PSD
Jay Caldwell was Pick 11 in 2018 - Traded with Pick 44 & 74 for Pick 29 & Future Second
Aiden Bonar was Pick 11 in 2017 - Traded for Future Third Round Pick

Even Adam Cerra who was Pick 5 in 2017 & is a s***load better then CCJ - He's likely going to be traded for Pick 6.
Agree, I don't think many players keep their value of the draft pick after they are drafted at. Only really good ones or ones taken late who make the grade.

To say we have put 4 years development into a player so he is worth the same as when drafted him or higher is laughable (or big men take time). He has played 9 games. His value is nowhere near 20.

Here is my two cents:

I think Goldy has 1 maybe 2 years left. He will continue to be monstered by athletic ruckman, we need some fresh blood.

I would train CCJ and Edwards as ruckman predominately along with Xerri. I think Xerri is a country footballer, just can't see a long term prospect there without some major refinement.
CCJ should play next year, Edwards likely to be 12-24 months away from being capable of playing decent ruck time.

Can CCJ play ruck, here is a profile I found on that:
Coleman-Jones’ ruck work is very good. At the centre bounces or around the ground, he is consistent and is able to win majority of the hitouts. His strength around the ground at the throw ins, often help him push off his other opponents and win the tap without any issues. In at the centre bounce, he has a reasonable jump which means that he can get above his opponents. In the National Under 18 Championships, Coleman-Jones mostly played in the ruck, using his strength to outmuscle opposition players.

Comben is a bit of a wild card, as he can play both roles but isn't physically ready for the ruck and should be developed as a forward with his injury history. Although good to have the flexibility.

That means if we line up similar to the Dees, we get:

Mc Donald - Larkey
Brown - Comben
Jackson - CCJ
Fritsch - Zurhaar or Ford

I would challenge CCJ to be a ruckman, not a forward much in the same way I would challenge Weidemen to be a CHB rather than a forward.

Regarding compo, Pick 20 is being considered more valuable than a late 1st rounder due to the structure of the draft and Academy pick strategy. It has enormous power. He is probably worth a mid-2nd based on potential worth at the high end or an early 3rd at the lower end. Pick 38 might be pretty close.

:$

CCJ for Tarryn Thomas or north can GAGF

Here is my two cents:

I think Goldy has 1 maybe 2 years left. He will continue to be monstered by athletic ruckman, we need some fresh blood.

I would train CCJ and Edwards as ruckman predominately along with Xerri. I think Xerri is a country footballer, just can't see a long term prospect there without some major refinement.
CCJ should play next year, Edwards likely to be 12-24 months away from being capable of playing decent ruck time.

Can CCJ play ruck, here is a profile I found on that:
Coleman-Jones’ ruck work is very good. At the centre bounces or around the ground, he is consistent and is able to win majority of the hitouts. His strength around the ground at the throw ins, often help him push off his other opponents and win the tap without any issues. In at the centre bounce, he has a reasonable jump which means that he can get above his opponents. In the National Under 18 Championships, Coleman-Jones mostly played in the ruck, using his strength to outmuscle opposition players.

Comben is a bit of a wild card, as he can play both roles but isn't physically ready for the ruck and should be developed as a forward with his injury history. Although good to have the flexibility.

That means if we line up similar to the Dees, we get:

Mc Donald - Larkey
Brown - Comben
Jackson - CCJ
Fritsch - Zurhaar or Ford

I would challenge CCJ to be a ruckman, not a forward much in the same way I would challenge Weidemen to be a CHB rather than a forward.

Regarding compo, Pick 20 is being considered more valuable than a late 1st rounder due to the structure of the draft and Academy pick strategy. It has enormous power. He is probably worth a mid-2nd based on potential worth at the high end or an early 3rd at the lower end. Pick 38 might be pretty close.

Negotiating with the team that has the number 1 pick in the PSD has some impact on the trade value of an out-of-contract player. North and CCJ have a legitimate option to make it happen without Richmond getting anything if Richmond refuses to be reasonable on a trade or tries to push him somewhere he doesn't want to go. If it's the choice between pick 38 and nothing, pick 38 looks great.

* this…..psd

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back