AFL RDT 2022 AFL RDT Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the feedback. I think i will, mainly because of the 3 trade factor. Its only my 2nd trade for the week and it gives me a very competitive midfield. In defence, i can work on getting a 5th and 6th defender later as ive got Daicos and NOD there. Im fine with that for a few rounds. My other option i was considering was 2 downgrades and an upgrade to Crisp next round but it means i potentially miss a decent rookie and doesnt improve my starting team as much as this trade. If i want the upgrade to Crisp then it forces me to trade JHF (or i could do NOD) who ideally id like to keep for a rainy day or as cover for the byes. I also like that it is a POD move. No doubt, it could go wrong but with the cash i have in the bank, i think it makes sense. If i was sure Hewett would come back in round 10 id be less likely to make the move but i dont want to keep him for more than a few weeks.

Blues tough to score against I think, don't expect Keays to go big. If your cover for Hewett is good then I'd just hold
The idea isnt really based on points this round, its more based on the trading opportunities available next round. I can do the same thing with Walsh as the target but i think Keays is a better long term option. Again, thanks for your thoughts

The idea isnt really based on points this round, its more based on the trading opportunities available next round. I can do the same thing with Walsh as the target but i think Keays is a better long term option. Again, thanks for your thoughts
who are the 3 rookies you need next week? You can wait another week on Clark. Can only think of Carroll

who are the 3 rookies you need next week? You can wait another week on Clark. Can only think of Carroll
Carroll, Rioli & Hamilton. Im not certain ill trade all 3 in but i do want the option for sure. I think that will help my bench significantly. I may even move early on Clark because there may be a couple rookies on the bubble the following round like Amiss and/or the Geelong boys

Carroll, Rioli & Hamilton. Im not certain ill trade all 3 in but i do want the option for sure. I think that will help my bench significantly. I may even move early on Clark because there may be a couple rookies on the bubble the following round like Amiss and/or the Geelong boys
ah ok fair enough

would be surprised if Hamilton survives next week tbh

ah ok fair enough

would be surprised if Hamilton survives next week tbh
The other option is to get Angus Brayshaw who i considered this week. Ill pick up both Carroll and Rioli and then upgrade NOD to Brayshaw if i want. Lots of options and i think im set on using the 3 trades next week and then will keep my last boost for the byes or after. Ive got the cash and i feel its a bit of a 'free upgrade' so yeah i think im convinced now.

he has been great...in the first 2 weeks when I didn't have him.

Dees dominating and I'll have Oliver and Petracca going sub 80. Add that to JKelly. I may as well just field Clark M8 all year because every mid I bring in turns into a spud

There has and never will ever be anyone like you!!! You are immune to punishment. It’s actually remarkable. Oliver number 1 mid since you got him. It’s just never ceases to amaze me how you do to every year

Me and rookies....never a more iconic duo. Carroll almost got 90 last week. I bring him in and need to field him....nowhere to be seen

When he finishes on 60+ keep in mind he was on 0 at 1/4 time. I field josh ward off a weeks rest against essendon vfl side who plays the whole game on the ball and wing and scores 54!!! I just can’t believe how lucky someone can be every week

2113 all out

So glad I got Cripps last week, he is just on another level this year.

Happy with that considering I held Hewett, really hope he returns next week so I field one less rookie.

I hate my GWS players but I just have to hope they all downhill ski in 2 weeks time against Eagles.

Butters....I have no words for you. But I will hold in the faint hope that you do something against north next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2089. Sitting at 68 overall. In comes Rioli and Angus Brayshaw. Leaves me with only Daicos and Martin as onfield rookies. I'll target crisp and Oliver as my final upgrades

Looking at byes and ive stumbled into an almost ideal position

Round 12 BYE = Carlton, Port, ST.K, Essendon, GWS, Richmond

Round 12 = 10 with bye (Houston, Short, Cripps, Green, Preuss, Cogs, Butters, Martin, Hayes, Rioli) - 19 on field

DEF = 6 playing
MID = 8 playing (1 reserve)
RUC = 1 playing
FWD = 4 playing

Round 13 BYE = Adelaide, GC, Bulldogs, Cats, Swans, Eagles

Round 13 = 9 with bye (Dawson, Milera, SDK, Dunkley, Keays, B.Smith, Macrae, Treloar, Heeney) - 20 on field

DEF = 5 playing
MID = 7 playing
RUC = 2 playing (1 reserve)
FWD = 6 playing

Round 14 BYE = Lions, Pies, Hawks, Kangas, Dockers, Dees

Round 14 = 11 with bye (Brayshaw, Daicos, Sicily, Neale, Brayshaw, Macdonald, Long, McInnes, Gawn, Brodie, Curtis) - 19 on field

DEF = 5 playing
MID = 6 playing
RUC = 2 playing
FWD = 6 playing

That is pretty much perfect. The round that will hurt most is 13 because my midfield is decimated and will only have Brayshaw, Neale, Cripps & Green as playing premiums and then 3 rookies in Macdonald, Long & McInnes. There is no guarantee any of those 3 rookies play so ill probably be looking to trade to a rookie or 2 that had the bye in round 12.

I was seriously worried given i have 4 dogs and 3 crows and i knew they shared the same bye but the other 4 teams with the bye that round dont affect me much (I only have 2 from those 4 teams). I will be trading to Clark so that will change my bye structure slightly. Ill probably be trading McInnes to Clark which if it happens, will leave me with a split of 10/10/10 missing over the bye rounds.

Im stoked with that. Obviously injuries, dud rookies and pre-bye trades will have an impact but as of right now, im sitting pretty.

Max Gawn injured his knee yesterday and is in doubt to play this week..considering they play west coast in perth, i would say he won't play

Max Gawn injured his knee yesterday and is in doubt to play this week..considering they play west coast in perth, i would say he won't play
no chance

having scans now, they won't risk him against a spud like Strnadica/Dixon. Bet Strnadica doesn't even play because he is my cover for Gawn. SHayes owners will be fine however

All 3 have the bye in Round 12, Carroll, Rioli and Hamilton

max gawn......TO PLAY..Hopefully he doesn't spend half the game forward and on the bench

Remove this Banner Ad

Back