AFL 2022 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody who posts bets after the count is over on Sunday without putting them up first WILL BE CARDED

No but you can lay them at betfair

Usually have to wait til closer to the count though and there are no guarantees

Can you give me the basics?

As an example, I'm on Rowell at $101, and he's come into $21. I'm not being offered a cashout option. Is there a way that I can turn this into a profit at betfair or elsewhere?

Can you give me the basics?

As an example, I'm on Rowell at $101, and he's come into $21. I'm not being offered a cashout option. Is there a way that I can turn this into a profit at betfair or elsewhere?

Unfortunately you can't lay him off instantly at the moment, as Rowell is 42/990 on Betfair.

You could try lay him off at odds 43, but that seems kind of pointless if you initially backed him at 101. Better off holding and trying to lay him off at the 21 or lower rate.

FWIW I backed a few different possibilities but given we're only 4 rounds in won't be looking to lay them off until mid season. Some have drifted in (Petracca, Miller) while some have drifted out (Hopper, Bolton). It's a case of trying to maximise the cashout point for each player, and mid season all the way through to R22 of the count are viable options to do so.

Unfortunately you can't lay him off instantly at the moment, as Rowell is 42/990 on Betfair.

You could try lay him off at odds 43, but that seems kind of pointless if you initially backed him at 101. Better off holding and trying to lay him off at the 21 or lower rate.

FWIW I backed a few different possibilities but given we're only 4 rounds in won't be looking to lay them off until mid season. Some have drifted in (Petracca, Miller) while some have drifted out (Hopper, Bolton). It's a case of trying to maximise the cashout point for each player, and mid season all the way through to R22 of the count are viable options to do so.

Brilliant, that's exactly what I need. But I still don't understand how I do it.

Perhaps a better example is Andy Brayshaw. I'm on him at $101, and he's now into $18. Let's say he came down in to $10, how do I go about processing this to cash out? It seems a more complex way of than the "cash out" button, I assume I'll need to create an account with BetFair and do some other things (??) to capitalize from another agency.

Brilliant, that's exactly what I need. But I still don't understand how I do it.

Perhaps a better example is Andy Brayshaw. I'm on him at $101, and he's now into $18. Let's say he came down in to $10, how do I go about processing this to cash out? It seems a more complex way of than the "cash out" button, I assume I'll need to create an account with BetFair and do some other things (??) to capitalize from another agency.

You will need the funds to cover your potential loss if you are laying on Betfair so not sure how feasible that will end up being.

For instance if you had $100 on Brayshaw @ $101 with a potential payout of $10,100 and you now wanted to lay him at Betfair at his current lay price there of $26 then to cover a $200 bet from whoever is backing him at that price on Betfair you will need $5,200 in your Betfair account to cover the liability on that bet.

So essentially to lock in a $100 profit on that bet you would need to put over $5,000 in your Betfair account until the Brownlow market has been resulted which I'm guessing is not worth it.

You will need the funds to cover your potential loss if you are laying on Betfair so not sure how feasible that will end up being.

For instance if you had $100 on Brayshaw @ $101 with a potential payout of $10,100 and you now wanted to lay him at Betfair at his current lay price there of $26 then to cover a $200 bet from whoever is backing him at that price on Betfair you will need $5,200 in your Betfair account to cover the liability on that bet.

So essentially to lock in a $100 profit on that bet you would need to put over $5,000 in your Betfair account until the Brownlow market has been resulted which I'm guessing is not worth it.
Thank you!

I did do more reading last night and found the same issue.

I could put in a bit of cash to cover liabilities for short periods of time, late in the season it may become more worthwhile.

Last week Tarryn Thomas was listed as 3-7 weeks out. Now he's 1-2 miraculously. Say dogs beat kangs easy, kangs prob won't poll anyway and he will only be a 3 voter off the pace. Won't need many.
He's 34s on pbet and 26s on tab where U can multi. Odds will be closer to 6s if he's named next week or one after.
Terrific spec bet at odds imo

Last week Tarryn Thomas was listed as 3-7 weeks out. Now he's 1-2 miraculously. Say dogs beat kangs easy, kangs prob won't poll anyway and he will only be a 3 voter off the pace. Won't need many.
He's 34s on pbet and 26s on tab where U can multi. Odds will be closer to 6s if he's named next week or one after.
Terrific spec bet at odds imo
How has he voted previously? Simpkin would already be on a few votes.

Waiting to here if Cunnington comes back at all.

How has he voted previously? Simpkin would already be on a few votes.

Waiting to here if Cunnington comes back at all.
Googled it for ya.
Thomas 2nd last year with 5.
Simpkin polled 1.
Yes Simpkin may be 2 votes or so ahead at the moment, but he's 2.50. Thomas is 34s. As soon as Thomas is named his odds will come in to single figures before he even runs thru the banner.
Forget Cunners.

Bailey Smith @101 worth a look? Probably hasn’t got many votes so far but might snag a couple today with his 42 plus whatever he gets in the last 10 mins.

Edit into 51 jeez

Last edited:
Bailey Smith @101 worth a look? Probably hasn’t got many votes so far but might snag a couple today with his 42 plus whatever he gets in the last 10 mins.

Edit into 51 jeez
Certainly worth a go but plenty of dogs players to take votes off him.

Certainly worth a go but plenty of dogs players to take votes off him.
That’s what I was thinking but Bont plonked fwd helps. Small sample size I know but his heatmap and CBA right down today (see below) so may be a glimpse of what’s to come.

I know stats mean very little but so far he’s had 33,31,36,43. If he keeps that up could be as good of a $101 shot that we’ve had in recent times (what was Wines hmm)
1650014223433.png

Perfect result for early Tarryn Thomas speculators. Play cats next week so could be another 0 votes for Kangas but as soon as he's named he should be same price as LDU, Greenwood etc at 6ish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max Gawn presents a decent cash out option, currently $101 at most books. Likely polls 5 votes in the past two games.
I can see him drawing the usual pre count hype and starting $10 - $20 on the night.

Anyone willing to post their raw data regularly? I'm collating data from a range of sources that I can get access to via the internet.

Pretty consistent having Brayshaw, Neale, Petracca and Cripps among the top handful.

Keays can be really up and down, Mills and Heeney similar.

From a value betting point of view, I think the teams still present great options regularly, St Kilda and Gold Coast, in particular, are great if you don't have Steele & Miller.
Gresham and Anderson are my picks, not ahead of Steele and Miller, but as the value choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back