Preview 2022 EF1 Richmond vs Brisbane Thursday 1/9 7.20pm @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

is Graham fit? For mine if he is he is unlucky and misses out. Would only want two players coming back from injury and unfortunately he is coming up against Dusty.

Ross has been playing well.

Broad, Tarrant, Vlastin
Rioli Balta Baker
Kmac Sonsie Pickett
Bolton Lynch Rioli
Cumberland, Dusty, Jack
Nank, Cotch, Prestia
Miller, Ross, Short

Gibcus and Edwards fight out for the last spot? Do we need Gibcus height? If so he plays and Edwards is the sub otherwise Edwards plays and George is the sub.

Tough and uncompromising, but classy and flashy. The current Richmond way. A great mix of seasoned campaigners, gritty youngsters, and A grade brilliance has the team in great shape. The one thing that will stop the Tigers this Thursday is the mindset. We must go in like the Lions are firing and ready for war. Which they very well might be. Hardwick will have his troops ready. Hopefully has Promentory from last of the mohicans playing on the walk down the race into the Gabbatoir. But it’s the Tigers who will be butchering the king of the jungle this Thursday.

As a wise number 4 once said: LESSSS GOOOOO YELLOW AND BLACKKKKK

Marcus Adams for Brisbane will miss the final against us! One less defender for us to worry about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All i can say is our recent elimination finals record hasn't been great.
I was thinking this too but then I remembered the reasons for that -

1) We used to play a highly skilled game of using our footskills to slice through oppositions zones. This fell to pieces in finals. We turned the ball over at crucial times and exposed our backline.

2) We would try and pretend the finals were just another game. Instead of embracing the event, we hid away from the excitement and pressure which created nerves and jitters during the actual game rather getting rid of those leading up to it.

3) We had created a finals game plan. We now have a game plan that is built on intent and effort that only ramps up further under the pressure of finals. Opposition teams become less likely to take risks and will kick down the line which falls into our hands. Our pressure rating goes through the roof as other teams try to match our tackling which turns the game more and more into the style of play that works best for us.

4) Our players are experienced at all the pressure, noise and game play that occurs during this time of the year. Players like Cotchin, Jack, Prestia and Dusty go to a new level in finals. I can see the Rioli's, Cumberland and Bolton growing from the atmosphere too.

5) History was against us in those previous elimination finals. Now its behind us. People were waiting for us to buckle under the weight of the past not we have forged ourselves from it and play a different brand of football at this stage.

The Football World will quickly learn that we haven't declined since our premierships, we've grown. We need some revitalizing but, even with us rebuilding from a position of strength, we're still flag bound.

We'll win on Thursday and win well

CAESER MAIN TRAINING REPORT TODAY:

After two session absence, Tarrant, plenty of tape still on his right hand.
No Shai baby today or perhaps there was
Dusty looking sharp as is Cumberland.
Graham is training fully today as is Lynch
I'll loose it if graham plays

that would make us have too many coming back from injury, with multiple players having injury scares as well

graham shouldn't play this finals series

I'll loose it if graham plays

that would make us have too many coming back from injury, with multiple players having injury scares as well

graham shouldn't play this finals series

I'm thinking he won't play but if we win then if he's ready to go for the semi has to be considered. He does plays well in finals

I was thinking this too but then I remembered the reasons for that -

1) We used to play a highly skilled game of using our footskills to slice through oppositions zones. This fell to pieces in finals. We turned the ball over at crucial times and exposed our backline.

2) We would try and pretend the finals were just another game. Instead of embracing the event, we hid away from the excitement and pressure which created nerves and jitters during the actual game rather getting rid of those leading up to it.

3) We had created a finals game plan. We now have a game plan that is built on intent and effort that only ramps up further under the pressure of finals. Opposition teams become less likely to take risks and will kick down the line which falls into our hands. Our pressure rating goes through the roof as other teams try to match our tackling which turns the game more and more into the style of play that works best for us.

4) Our players are experienced at all the pressure, noise and game play that occurs during this time of the year. Players like Cotchin, Jack, Prestia and Dusty go to a new level in finals. I can see the Rioli's, Cumberland and Bolton growing from the atmosphere too.

5) History was against us in those previous elimination finals. Now its behind us. People were waiting for us to buckle under the weight of the past not we have forged ourselves from it and play a different brand of football at this stage.

The Football World will quickly learn that we haven't declined since our premierships, we've grown. We need some revitalizing but, even with us rebuilding from a position of strength, we're still flag bound.

We'll win on Thursday and win well
All very valid points.
Bring on Thursday!

I'm thinking he won't play but if we win then if he's ready to go for the semi has to be considered. He does plays well in finals
yeah and grimesy back for the semi too if we win

I dont like our chances with so many players coming back from injury

Wankley restarts state of the game with Richmond in finals , no bye no lynch or dusty his thoughts

But you see, it's not me
It's the Tiger army
In your head, in your head, they are frightening
With Nank, and their bombs to Jack
And their bombs to Lynch, and their guns
In your head Gerard, in your head Gerard they are Whispering
In your head, in your head
Tigers! Tigers!Tigers!
What's in your head Gerard, in your head oh wait oh wait
There is Dusty Dusty Dusty.Oh Oh Oh Oh ahhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhh.

yeah and grimesy back for the semi too if we win

I dont like our chances with so many players coming back from injury
Each player who comes back from a LTI. Plays a blinder.
This week Dusty
Next week Grimes.
Week after Graham
GF-George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back