No Oppo Supporters 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I feel like if there are that many reasons being floated around then they are probably all part of the cause? If enough people each with an individual reason to not want to go to the footy stop going to the footy, then they will all combine to lead to significantly lower crowds.
It sucks for equality but the AFL trying to even out home ground advantage probably takes out some of the fun & appeal going to a game live.

agree not a story, but I guess if in 5 years he is out doing drug education programs and winning brownlows you might see a story- wouldn't interest me either way

This for me is a story that has my eyes rolling like a crazed ball bearing in a pinnie machine.

Firstly, I do not get the fuss about Smith. He is no superstar imo. Expect he gets a few weeks for being dumb. If it hurts Footscray, am all for it.

Secondly, I have no idea what the sm presence and popularity is all about.

Thirdly, I gather he has external sponsorships. Are these AFL approved? How do these relate to Footscray's salary cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could have the same win/losses as Melbourne/Brisbane (whoever losses) end of next next week.

BIG game for us.

I just visited a parallel universe, where the 2022 Swans had Aliir at CHB, Hewett in the mids, Dawson on the wing and Membrey at FF.

We were coming 12th.

Looking our moves....

Random quirks and sliding doors:

2012 trade TDL to saints for pick 46 where we pick Membrey... who was DFA and picked up by saints.
2013 traded Mumford and Everitt to carlton for pick upgrades for pick 32 and 35. Picked up Hewett with Carlton pick and Nank with Mumford pick
2016 Nank and Mitchell out. Traded picks and got Florent, Hayward, Maibaum and Cameron in the draft
2018 the James Rowbottom switcheroo. Also landed pick 44 from Carlton via Ade. Pick JMac
2020 Aliir out for Hickey. Also allowed for point for Academy

Would need a flow chart to actually illustrate the flow on effects from all trades but CBF

Looking our moves....

Random quirks and sliding doors:

2012 trade TDL to saints for pick 46 where we pick Membrey... who was DFA and picked up by saints.
2013 traded Mumford and Everitt to carlton for pick upgrades for pick 32 and 35. Picked up Hewett with Carlton pick and Nank with Mumford pick
2016 Nank and Mitchell out. Traded picks and got Florent, Hayward, Maibaum and Cameron in the draft
2018 the James Rowbottom switcheroo. Also landed pick 44 from Carlton via Ade. Pick JMac
2020 Aliir out for Hickey. Also allowed for point for Academy

Would need a flow chart to actually illustrate the flow on effects from all trades but CBF
Well done , should be more of this .

Looking at the remaining draw objectively and as the bookies might see it, I reckon there’s 2 losses - freo and the saints away. This should mean a top 4 spot. then We show whats possible when we bring it for 4 quarters. Lids off anyone ?

Looking at the remaining draw objectively and as the bookies might see it, I reckon there’s 2 losses - freo and the saints away. This should mean a top 4 spot. then We show whats possible when we bring it for 4 quarters. Lids off anyone ?

Doesn't work that way unfortunely its a week to week proposition for our team reckon we will drop a few more.

Doesn't work that way unfortunely its a week to week proposition for our team reckon we will drop a few more.
You could tell me we would win or lose every game for the rest of the year by 30 points or more and I would believe you equally for both

Our best is amazing. Our worst is shocking. And we sine wave between the 2 way too much for my liking

You could tell me we would win or lose every game for the rest of the year by 30 points or more and I would believe you equally for both

Our best is amazing. Our worst is shocking. And we sine wave between the 2 way too much for my liking
What I'm hearing is buckle up, enjoy the ride and hope to whoever that we are on the way up at the right time of the year.

Even 2 weeks this time
I felt joy watching the Dees lose this week.. must admit it was hard to watch and enjoy Collingwood win.. so confused

Ban the bye! its screwing with my health.
If only I had some 'white powder' to help me through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back