No Oppo Supporters 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 1 Draw announced - a trip up to the Gold Coast for the Bloods so Buddy doesn't have to travel far for work after buying his new house:tongueoutv1:

Thursday, March 16
Richmond v Carlton, MCG, 7.20pm AEDT, Seven

Friday, March 17
Geelong v Collingwood, MCG, 7.40pm AEDT, Seven

Saturday, March 18
North Melbourne v West Coast, Marvel Stadium, 1.45pm AEDT, Fox
Port Adelaide v Brisbane, Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACDT, Fox
Melbourne v Western Bulldogs, MCG, 7.25pm AEDT, Seven
Gold Coast v Sydney, Metricon Stadium, 7.00pm AEST, Fox

Sunday, March 19
Greater Western Sydney v Adelaide, Giants Stadium, 1.10pm AEDT, Fox
Hawthorn v Essendon, MCG, 3.20pm AEDT, Seven
St Kilda v Fremantle, Marvel Stadium, 4.40pm AEDT, Fox

May axtually be able to go to that one.

And likely watch us lose as it is GC

I reckon if Southport were given the licence originally it would have fast tracked their success.

I agree with Kickthething though, all major sports who have tried to establish teams there have largely failed.

I hold out hope for GCS though. If I had a second team they would be it.
Not one of those franchises was started with an existing club. All were start ups. We could, and should, have been different and used Southport. Southport are successful. Thry were second in the VFL this year. It is never too late to merge them.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The past is the past and I totally agree the opportunity was overlooked at the time. Looking forward it would still be possible to bring Southport into the mix. I reckon that gives the GC a real sense of being…..the GC is seen as a transit not a destination in every code. That change tonSouthport,nas semanticalas it may be, gives the club a long historical link (see, you can buy history!!) and connection. People will say it can’t be done, I would challenge it and find the way it can be, I think it is a great goal for the club to have and move forward with a real identity.
A merger can easily be achieved

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Analysis of each teams current age/games profile;

SYDNEY
Average Age: 24.08 years (13th)
Average Games: 69.48 games (8th)
The demographic of the Swans' list is stunning, with the grand finalists carrying the sixth youngest list into 2023.
Despite their youth on paper, Sydney are home to the eighth most experienced side in the competition, having given their younger ranks plenty of minutes in recent seasons.

Unsurprisingly Geelong first in both criteria.

And Hawthorn last.
death rider.jpg

Analysis of each teams current age/games profile;

Unsurprisingly Geelong first in both criteria.

And Hawthorn last.
View attachment 1567934

You missed this part.

The Swans weren't too busty through the off-season, adding Aaron Francis through the trade period and calling on just three new faces in the National Draft.

I thought for a moment that the Swanettes were being re-introduced.
1366955-L.jpg

Ticky009, why is the 2022 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals closed and why do we 'have' to go the Draft board to discuss? Is it the same on every club forum or is it specific to us?

This is not a criticism, I just don't understand the reasoning behind the change...

Ticky009, why is the 2022 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals closed and why do we 'have' to go the Draft board to discuss? Is it the same on every club forum or is it specific to us?

This is not a criticism, I just don't understand the reasoning behind the change...
We close it down this time every year and open the new one up on 1st March.

Draft Board is open for business for any discussions - there's a Sydney specific thread even

We close it down this time every year and open the new one up on 1st March.

Draft Board is open for business for any discussions - there's a Sydney specific thread even

Yeah don't mind the decision. There's nothing more to discuss this year anyway we don't have a SSP pick, and it's ages till the MSD.

Join me laughing as its revealed our primo AFL media gurus were scooped on the AFL betting saga by a total of 7 weeks by two Tik Tock users:roflv1::roflv1::roflv1:

Football tragics Adam and Nick Voglis dropped bombshell allegations relating to this year’s Brownlow Medal in a 20-second video on their social media page, Back to the Bench.

They published the claims back in grand final week, almost seven weeks
before detectives arrested AFL umpire Michael Pell on November 14, along with three other men, for allegedly corrupting betting outcomes on the Brownlow.

Join me laughing as its revealed our primo AFL media gurus were scooped on the AFL betting saga by a total of 7 weeks by two Tik Tock users:roflv1::roflv1::roflv1:

Football tragics Adam and Nick Voglis dropped bombshell allegations relating to this year’s Brownlow Medal in a 20-second video on their social media page, Back to the Bench.

before detectives arrested AFL umpire Michael Pell on November 14, along with three other men, for allegedly corrupting betting outcomes on the Brownlow.

Hhmmm.... sounds like suppression to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your very clever

So Max King's gonna miss a decent chunk of next year. Shouldn't miss him too much, they just hired a coach renowned for his attacking nous.

Taking bets on when Jakob Ryan from Collingwood is going to be called a "cult hero". Been a week since the draft now, surely it can't be much longer.
Media just waiting to see what dodgy / anti-social trait he has before labelling him a "character" and refreshing for the game. Then they'll continue to defend his actions on a weekly basis because it means Collingwood fans will click the article because they agree with the article, and every other supporter will click to read the article in disgust. Both sides will post on Twitter and the two opposing extremes will go back and forth pulling neutrals into the conversation...

Rinse & repeat... today's media landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back