List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Next question is with our bounty of draft picks, who do we look at for pick 30, the rest are so far away it’s like NGA or rookie territory…. Or maybe a sliding GEM
Would love Ed Allan, won’t last to 30 but if he’s still there in the mid 20’s can see us offering NMF3 +30 to try and move up to get him.

Who had a good year in the magoos?

Gotta be a forward somewhere. Taking lobb from full forward was a bit rough to our chances

Really not sure a state league forward does any better at AFL level than Amiss or Treacy tbh.

Well of the WAFL guys anyway… there may be someone in the SANFL or VFL I’m not aware of - don’t claim to know as much about those leagues.

Jackson, Tabs, Treacy, Amiss, Corbett. And Sturt. Plenty of Fwd targets there for mine.

We need to add the best available state league Ruck with pick 30..obviously if Allan is still there pick him up.

Would love Ed Allan, won’t last to 30 but if he’s still there in the mid 20’s can see us offering NMF3 +30 to try and move up to get him.

Yep, i'd be comfortable with us packaging some stuff to try and move up into the early 20s if hes available at a spot we are comfortable with.

Yep, i'd be comfortable with us packaging some stuff to try and move up into the early 20s if hes available at a spot we are comfortable with.

Essendon might be the best bet for that, if a club bids on one of their FS twins prior to the #22 pick. We could burn both our sub 45 picks to get that #22.

Another option could be Adelaide with #23, we have two picks between their first and second selections on current draft order. This one I expect would be more expensive.

#23 and #46 for #30, #44 and F3

We have two third and two fourth round picks.

Behind The West's paywall;

r/FremantleFC - AFL trades 2022: Peter Bell says Fremantle Dockers will address tall stocks after losing [PLAYERCARD]Rory Lobb[/PLAYERCARD], Lloyd Meek
Bell: Dockers to address tall stocks after losing Lobb, Meek
Fremantle footy boss Peter Bell says the club will address its tall stocks in the upcoming draft after losing Rory Lobb and Lloyd Meek in the trade period.
While the Dockers brought in Melbourne premiership ruckman Luke Jackson, they let go contracted pair Lobb (Western Bulldogs) and Meek (Hawthorn) in a frenetic final hour of trade action.
Bell said Fremantle would scour the various state leagues around the country including the WAFL or young talent in the draft to potentially add to their big-man depth.
Meek emerged as the WAFL’s best ruckman in 2022, winning Peel Thunder’s Tuckey Medal best-and-fairest award, but requested a trade for Hawthorn for further opportunities and was used as part of the deal to land Jaeger O’Meara.
“We think we’ve got two really good ruckmen in Sean Darcy and Luke Jackson but from a list-management perspective, we’ll definitely talk about what other options there are out there in the various state leagues or through the draft in regards to maybe a developing tall,” Bell told Sportsday WA.
“They are hard to find so the recruiting people will get to work. There are some pretty handy ruckmen plying their trade in the WAFL, VFL, SANFL and other leagues so we’ll get to work and see if we can bring one or two of those types of players in.”
Fremantle have a couple of exciting talls in their Next Generation Academy, athletic Peel colts premiership tall Josh Draper (197cm) and West Perth superboot Jasper Scaife (197cm).
The club gets priority access to the pair, who were both invited to Sunday’s WA draft combine, provided they fall outside of the top-40 picks.
Raw East Perth ruck Bailey Maxwell (200cm) and Thunder giant Jackson Broadbent (201cm), who won the Mel Whinnen Medal as best-afield in the recent WAFL colts decider, are the other tall prospects in the State combine.
From a mature-aged WAFL point of view, Claremont pair Ollie Eastland, Jack Buller, Swan Districts’ Matthew Germs, South Fremantle’s Hamish Free and Peel’s Riley Smith are among the most exciting talents.

Fremantle have a couple of exciting talls in their Next Generation Academy, athletic Peel colts premiership tall Josh Draper (197cm) and West Perth superboot Jasper Scaife (197cm).

Whats their draft range for those ITK?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually glad to see the ass end of Lobb,yeah he had a couple of good games against teams with s**t defence ,he seemed to be moved off the ball with ease and is about as smart as a lobster .Amiss already seems smarter and a natural forward and will be ten times the forward Lobb is

Behind The West's paywall;

r/FremantleFC - AFL trades 2022: Peter Bell says Fremantle Dockers will address tall stocks after losing Rory Lobb, Lloyd Meek
Bell: Dockers to address tall stocks after losing Lobb, Meek
Fremantle footy boss Peter Bell says the club will address its tall stocks in the upcoming draft after losing Rory Lobb and Lloyd Meek in the trade period.
While the Dockers brought in Melbourne premiership ruckman Luke Jackson, they let go contracted pair Lobb (Western Bulldogs) and Meek (Hawthorn) in a frenetic final hour of trade action.
Bell said Fremantle would scour the various state leagues around the country including the WAFL or young talent in the draft to potentially add to their big-man depth.
Meek emerged as the WAFL’s best ruckman in 2022, winning Peel Thunder’s Tuckey Medal best-and-fairest award, but requested a trade for Hawthorn for further opportunities and was used as part of the deal to land Jaeger O’Meara.
“We think we’ve got two really good ruckmen in Sean Darcy and Luke Jackson but from a list-management perspective, we’ll definitely talk about what other options there are out there in the various state leagues or through the draft in regards to maybe a developing tall,” Bell told Sportsday WA.
“They are hard to find so the recruiting people will get to work. There are some pretty handy ruckmen plying their trade in the WAFL, VFL, SANFL and other leagues so we’ll get to work and see if we can bring one or two of those types of players in.”
The club gets priority access to the pair, who were both invited to Sunday’s WA draft combine, provided they fall outside of the top-40 picks.
Raw East Perth ruck Bailey Maxwell (200cm) and Thunder giant Jackson Broadbent (201cm), who won the Mel Whinnen Medal as best-afield in the recent WAFL colts decider, are the other tall prospects in the State combine.
From a mature-aged WAFL point of view, Claremont pair Ollie Eastland, Jack Buller, Swan Districts’ Matthew Germs, South Fremantle’s Hamish Free and Peel’s Riley Smith are among the most exciting talents.
Jack Buller … Anyone…Anyone

Personally I don’t mind him as a ruck/forward. He is actually pretty decent as a ruck but plays more forward due to Oliver Eastland being less versatile.

Jackson, Tabs, Treacy, Amiss, Corbett. And Sturt. Plenty of Fwd targets there for mine.

We need to add the best available state league Ruck with pick 30..obviously if Allan is still there pick him up.
Too early, use pick 30 on the best available list need like a forward (small or tall) otherwise we should have held Meek.

The ruck will be injury cover and can be either our last pick in the draft or rookie pick.

I see what you did there.
ferris buellers day off movie quotes GIF

Ahhh so he has some off field dramas.

And two third round picks for Mitchell. Mitchell has been disappointing but fuark moi he can be quite the accumulator.

Personally I don’t mind him as a ruck/forward. He is actually pretty decent as a ruck but plays more forward due to Oliver Eastland being less versatile.
I’d prefer either one of those 2 (with Eastland being my pick as a pure back up ruck) over Hamish Free. Free can win a tap but does very little around the ground.

Connor Bellenden played SANFL this season I think so Chris25 might have some intel on him, but I recall he was being mentioned around the mid season draft. Played a couple of games at Brisbane before being delisted, still only young & might be a late developer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back