List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to hope the club is as petty as I am and hold him to his contract.

Give me the choice between a 2nd round pick OR the satisfaction of knowing Rory Lobb is hating every minute of his life and i'm picking the latter every time.
I posted this on the trade thread.

If freo trade Rory Lobb to the dogs, Freo will have the dogs twice.

Dogs will beat us twice and they make finals at 7th while we finish 9th or 10th and miss out on finals due to those 2 dogs defeats and Lobb kicks bags in both games.

If freo keep Lobb for 2023, I think Freo will make Finals. Get 13 wins and finish between 5th to 8th again.

I don't care if Freo loses Lobb for nothing in 2023 as long as Freo plays at least one 1 in 2023

There is never a need to add such a sh**e player to the list… next.

I don’t see you argument of ‘depth’ tbh. The other poster has named four options to play in two spots in the best 22. I’ll name another - Sam Sturt. It isn’t needed.
How many games did Amiss Fyfe Tabnerner treacy & sturt play this year??

Who’s to say the same thing doesn’t happen again?

Definitely need another forward if I mean when Lobb goes

This is their second grand final appearance in 10 years. They have ZERO premierships in 10 years.

What exactly are we cheering them on about again??
Do you favour a one-off flag (say, like the Dogs) with some v.inconsistent stuff either side?

A quick rise, like the early Lyon years, where we all felt million dollars for a few year but that that couldn't be sustained?

Or consistent September action, like Geelong.

No right or wrong here, I suppose. Just different philosophies about AFL success.

Me, I reckon Geelong have done pretty bloody well.

I posted this on the trade thread.

If freo trade Rory Lobb to the dogs, Freo will have the dogs twice.

Dogs will beat us twice and they make finals at 7th while we finish 9th or 10th and miss out on finals due to those 2 dogs defeats and Lobb kicks bags in both games.

If freo keep Lobb for 2023, I think Freo will make Finals. Get 13 wins and finish between 5th to 8th again.

I don't care if Freo loses Lobb for nothing in 2023 as long as Freo plays at least one 1 in 2023
You’re pessimistic, you thought Cerra would go for bugger all last year. Lobb is soft, we know this and will exploit it. Do you recon Pearce is letting him beat him?

Who cares about the Dogs, we’ll be challenging for the 4 again no matter who is contending.

Do you favour a one-off flag (say, like the Dogs) with some v.inconsistent stuff either side?

A quick rise, like the early Lyon years, that couldn't be sustained?

No right or wrong here, I suppose. Just different philosophies about AFL success.

They’ve done incredibly well. Again I’m not disputing that.

For me? I’d take a flag anyway it can be delivered.

I’d easily take a flag and then drop out into obscurity and not play finals again for 10 years over making 10 years of prelims.

A quick rise, like the early Lyon years, where we all felt million dollars for a few year but that that couldn't be sustained?

I genuinely see 5+ years of finals from here. I genuinely think we’re the best placed side with our youth for the next 5 years.

They’ve done incredibly well. Again I’m not disputing that.

For me? I’d take a flag anyway it can be delivered.

I’d easily take a flag and then drop out into obscurity and not play finals again for 10 years over making 10 years of prelims.
Fair enough.

I must admit that being there at the 'G in 2013 ... well my daughter and I still talk about it as if it were yesterday. To be there and win. It would an absolute life highlight.

But when I take off my fan hat and sit back and think of footy programs: I think Scott has done a better job than Beveridge.

Just going through some of the posts on Logan McDonald. Being dropped for a grand final is rough but he didn’t exactly light it up in the finals so far.

As for leaving Sydney, by all accounts he is very happy at at he swans, however Buddy signing on for another year has complicated it. McDonald will be very gettable next year.

Even with no logue or lobb ?

Logue isn’t in my top 15 players chosen… ever.

Lobb has been great but even if he leaves it’s not as if you’d just wipe his 40 goals off the season. Even if Fyfe played his role and kicked 20 we’re still playing finals.

The growth from the other 10+ young players will make up for it.

I genuinely see 5+ years of finals from here. I genuinely think we’re the best placed side with our youth for the next 5 years.
I don't think it matters if we miss finals next year, I just want us to finish 2023 with more development pumped into Amiss, Treacy, Jackson and hopefully Sturt. If we need to lose Lobb to trade/draft another forward than so be it.

Logue isn’t in my top 15 players chosen… ever.

Lobb has been great but even if he leaves it’s not as if you’d just wipe his 40 goals off the season. Even if Fyfe played his role and kicked 20 we’re still playing finals.

The growth from the other 10+ young players will make up for it.
Not sure why people think that things can’t change? Lobb was good for one year with much a better team & delivery. Tabs, Amiss or a trained monkey could do his role if we improve a tad more & our coaches plan accordingly. 12 months ago most people wanted Lobb delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there’s no better selling point to the Bowes boy than Brodie. Assuming” coming out of Cairns he’s not got ties to any other clubs, and formed a bond with Brodie being drafted together. Couple that with the success story that WB has been, and how he’s fit seamlessly in with playing group, should be able to sell him on that and the weather lol, also having a age demographic that is young and building.. Well sounds like a good option.
I can’t see why we’re not being spoken about!
The salary cap shouldn’t be an issue with all the departures and pick 7 could unlock the Jackson trade.

How many games did Amiss Fyfe Tabnerner treacy & sturt play this year??

Who’s to say the same thing doesn’t happen again?

Definitely need another forward if I mean when Lobb goes

There’s certain KPFs I’d add to the list as depth. I don’t mind Riccardi from GWS or Weideman from Melbourne for example of guys that aren’t necessarily best 22 at their current clubs.

I’ve got to be confident that said player can play a decent role at AFL level otherwise I’d consider them a list clogger and not worth picking up.

I’ve seen enough of Schache and Burgess for example that I’ve formed a view that I’d rather use the list spot on someone else, even if it means we have less “depth”.

If we found out tomorrow that all of Taberner, Amiss and Treacy or Sturt were injured for the entire 2023 season I’d still have zero interest in bringing Josh Schache to the club. That’s how little I rate him. Burgess isn’t nearly as bad but still isn’t worth adding to the list as a KPF.

Last edited:
There’s certain KPFs I’d add to the list as depth. I don’t mind Riccardi from GWS or Weideman from Melbourne for example of guys that aren’t necessarily best 22 at their current clubs.

I’ve got to be confident that said player can play a decent role at AFL level otherwise I’d consider them a list clogger and not worth picking up.

I’ve seen enough of Schache and Burgess for example that I’ve formed a view that I’d rather use the list spot on someone else, even if it means we have less “depth”.

If we found out tomorrow that all of Taberner, Amiss and Treacy or Sturt were injured for the entire 2023 season I’d still have zero interest in bringing Josh Schache to the club. That’s how little I rate him. Burgess isn’t nearly as bad but still isn’t worth adding to the list as a KPF.

Just a rumor, but word is Shac has to take a mate with him when he goes shopping to get the doors to open. Apparently lacks that much presence the doors don’t open

You’re pessimistic, you thought Cerra would go for bugger all last year. Lobb is soft, we know this and will exploit it. Do you recon Pearce is letting him beat him?

Who cares about the Dogs, we’ll be challenging for the 4 again no matter who is contending.
well I am Pessimistic about the Griffin Logue Situation too.

Does pick 7 and Bowes count as part of the Logue/Acres/Tucker trades if we pull it off?

The cap space of those 3 combined would equate to whatever the backended contract Bowes is on plus the two extra draft contracts, you would think.

Reckon Belly might have been planning this out for the last 12 months, given what happened with Brodie last season, and our contract issues this season. GC have been considering their cap space issues long before this year.

It's clear we've been purposeful with the miserlynes of the contracts we've been offering.

We might get more for Meek than we think , N

We might get more for Meek than we think , Comment from West Coast " we are interested In Meek" next sentence " We are not interested in recruiting b Graders "

I think it has to be round about pick 30. If the best offer is outside the top 40 we might as well keep him for another season.

Why is there any discussion of a Bowes trade? every club linked to him so far are Victorian, seems he has made his choice imo.

Anyone got the text? As long as this isn't click bait, I'm curious as to the great man's thoughts.

Here is the article

Fremantle great David Mundy admits he isn’t shocked a few Dockers have requested trades out of the club.

Numerous players are looking to get out; with Rory Lobb, Darcy Tucker, Blake Acres, Griffin Logue and Lloyd Meek all either requesting trades or being linked to other clubs.However, Mundy told SEN WA Breakfast that this was not out of the blue for the side.
It’s clearly disappointing after a pretty good year, but probably not all that surprising,” he said.

“Our good results were probably on the back of having a really healthy list and on the back of that, some guys missed out fairly regularly throughout the year.”

For those unable to break into the side and others seeking bigger roles, Mundy can’t fault them for leaving.

“People like Lloyd Meek and Darcy Tucker in particular, you’ve got to understand those positions of wanting more opportunity and trying to make the most of their prime years in football,” he added.

“There’s always a bit of change, you know Rory (Lobb) asked for a trade out last year, it was always probably on the cards again this year.

“That’ll be interesting to see how that plays out.”

Following all of these departures, Mundy wants to see a response from the remaining Fremantle players, backing up this year’s strong season.

“You lose a couple more guys like Griffin Logue and Blake Acres and the like who have been really important pieces to our puzzle this year, but you know, those things happen in football,” he said.

“The next guys will just hopefully step up and the guys will have a couple months over pre-season to try and figure out how that all works.”

Mundy is amongst the names leaving the Dockers, calling time on his stellar AFL career after 376 games at Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back