List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

If this happens and we miss finals next year, which is a huge possibility, then we're giving up 2 top ten picks and a future second.

Wow........sickening
It's worse than that because there is no way Port accept just a future 2nd (even if it's North's) to drop from 8 to 13.

Assuming we would get Melbournes future 2nd back (which seems a big assumption at the moment), if the upgrading is too be believed, it could be basically:

Out: Logue, 13, F1, Acres
In: Jackson, F2 (Melbourne)

I'd honestly be new level of disgusted with the club if we do that

Xerri is the perfect example of what happens when you ask for too much from a contracted ruck.

Personally, I quite rate Xerri and think he’ll be North’s number one ruck long term.

North Melbourne would be happy they asked for too much and therefore kept him on the list.

As I’ve said before - if we ask for a second rounder for Meek he’s staying. I’m happy enough with that outcome too if we can still get a third rounder for him next year, which I reckon we can.
I honestly think this is the plan. Losing him and Lobb and Logue is too much. Set the bar high and in the unlikely even someone coughs up, we get overs to soften the blow of more KPP leaving. Otherwise he stays he is quality depth for 2023.

The whole 'two first rounders' narrative is almost identical to the one we pushed for Cerra knowing that ultimately we had had no leverage for a valued but uncontracted player who had nominated a specific club. Most of us were prepared/hoping to get at least a decent return for him...then all of a sudden it was done for 6 and change.

However unpalatable it is to lose a required player, clubs ultimately come to an arrangement which more often than not benefits one side more than the other. Preservation of trading relations is important given the shoe is inevitably on the other foot at some point. All the brinksmanship and bluffing is just that, and not really worth paying much attention to.

Hope you guy’s don’t mind me posting this but Sam Edmund reported this.

Josh Corbett (Gold Coast)

“He has met with Fremantle and other clubs about a potential move,” he said.

“He wants regular football and he’ll move to a club that gives him the best chance of doing that.”

We need to be prepared not to get Jackson. We will win with that mindset.

We need to do two things here:
  • Realise that Melbourne have **** all power here. West Coast won’t offer pick 2 (and I assume their future first) so therefore won’t get better from West Coast. As I’ve said previously, I serious doubts Jackson would go to West Coast anyway. Melbourne aren’t putting in the PSD or National Draft (an option for us if West Coast won’t pick him at Pick 2).
  • Keep Rory Lobb and Lloyd Meek until the Jackson trade is finished. At least then we still have a ruck options on the list.

Not concerned about doing other trades before the Jackson trade tbh. If anything it just opens up more options to get it done. As long as we remember he can walk to the draft and Melbourne get nothing we shouldn’t need to go overboard.

I honestly think this is the plan. Losing him and Lobb and Logue is too much. Set the bar high and in the unlikely even someone coughs up, we get overs to soften the blow of more KPP leaving. Otherwise he stays he is quality depth for 2023.
Hopefully we adopt exactly the same strategy with Lobb as well

“He wants regular football and he’ll move to a club that gives him the best chance of doing that.”

Just on Corbett. He is a very good runner.

It's also worth it for Melbourne to talk about him and potentially offer some money given we are moving one of their players out - not with intention of securing the player - just to have Freo have to pay a little bit more for him.

I'm still expecting he would only cost about $300,000 for three.

• Realise that Melbourne have **** all power here. West Coast won’t offer pick 2 (and I assume their future first) so therefore won’t get better from West Coast. As I’ve said previously, I serious doubts Jackson would go to West Coast anyway. Melbourne aren’t putting in the PSD or National Draft (an option for us if West Coast won’t pick him at Pick 2).
  • Keep Rory Lobb and Lloyd Meek until the Jackson trade is finished. At least then we still have a ruck options on the list.

Not concerned about doing other trades before the Jackson trade tbh. If anything it just opens up more options to get it done. As long as we remember he can walk to the draft and Melbourne get nothing we shouldn’t need to go overboard.
I have been saying that for weeks.
Jackson first then the rest.

Pick 8 and F1 is the equivalent of pick 2 in points even if we win the flag. Given we'd have had to have spent and F2 as minimum to get to 8 that makes the total cost to us in excess of pick 1. That can't be the deal, that'd be absurd.

Either its something like (and this is operating on the assumption for the moment the pick 8 stuff is not made up or being floated but interested parties rather than a leak from actual discussions) 8 & F2 <> Jackson or 8 & F1 <> Jackson F2 (or two third rounders)

Even those value him at 3. Personally I think he has shown enough downside risk to push his value down to the towards the 4/5 mark but the actual professionals may not agree.

Fremantle chasing Jackson has been going on for two trade periods now. I'd be disappointed if it's not like Tim Kelly take two in that it gets done first up, straight away, not in the value of the exchange.

There are going to be bigger names moving this off season than the likes of Jackson and Lobb. Gold Coast has their finger in a secret pie.

It's worse than that because there is no way Port accept just a future 2nd (even if it's North's) to drop from 8 to 13.

Assuming we would get Melbournes future 2nd back (which seems a big assumption at the moment), if the upgrading is too be believed, it could be basically:

Out: Logue, 13, F1, Acres
In: Jackson, F2 (Melbourne)

I'd honestly be new level of disgusted with the club if we do that
Where's the vomit reaction when you need it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 50 for acres is a steal. Surely Carlton go down two spots in the draft to balance it out
If it’s both then I’m all for it, just to squeeze Carlton if nothing else. And I see what Joao is saying, and I don’t disagree. But if we can get pick 15 out of WB for Lobb and say a f3 going back, then ontrade 13 + 15 that would protect next year’s first as well, while satisfying Melbourne’s request of two firsts.
What I think will happen is we’ll do the 2022 & 23 firsts to Melbourne for Jackson + change, then hopefully get 15 for Lobb + change from WB, which keeps us in the first round this year, but we might have to suck it up in not having a first next year.

It's not going to be as appealing to play ruck/fwd at Casey when you can play an objectively worse role of wing at Freo at AFL level.

Since when was Corbett a wing?

He’s an undersized KPF who has pretty decent hands. Will be good competition for Treacy and Amiss if Jackson comes in and Lobb does leave.

Sharp would be recruited to play wing and would be fighting it out with Henry for Acres’ spot assuming we don’t move someone from the backline.

Would be interesting to hear everyones thoughts on him.

From what I saw, no left foot, no great leap, lack of top end pace as well.

I am not sure he would make it at the next level.

At 190cm's, he would need to play as a third tall in AFL, so would need to chase and tackle.

Since when was Corbett a wing?

He’s an undersized KPF who has pretty decent hands. Will be good competition for Treacy and Amiss if Jackson comes in and Lobb does leave.

Sharp would be recruited to play wing and would be fighting it out with Henry for Acres’ spot assuming we don’t move someone from the backline.
Best runner on the GC list..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back