List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair enough, I don't know about those squads anyway though because I would have had Pearce in before Cox.
Cox has had a better overall year than Pearce. The playing group also voted him as one of their top 3 most valuable players for the AFLPA noms along with Brodie and Brayshaw.

I thought he did. Well, he definitely won a best and fairest. Something neither Alex Pearce or Brennan Cox have managed. Have you watched much of the Gold Coast? Collins is an extremely good KPD. We tend to have rose coloured glasses on our own players (I do too) but I reckon neutrals would put Collins only behind Young as the second best defender if playing for the Dockers.
Cox is literally in the AA squad this year, Ryan has been actually AA and Pearce is our defacto captain. I wont debate Collins is good but he'd be trying to push into just about the best defence in the league and where we are completely stacked.

Like Logue, he wouldnt get a gig back there, not specifically because he's not as good as them but as much because of how highly the others are rated internally

Cox is literally in the AA squad this year, Ryan has been actually AA and Pearce is our defacto captain. I wont debate Collins is good but he'd be trying to push into just about the best defence in the league and where we are completely stacked.

Like Logue, he wouldnt get a gig back there, not specifically because he's not as good as them but as much because of how highly the others are rated internally
Yep. We all agree Collins is indeed a good player, too good to be KPD depth for us, which is how the conversation started!

Ryan is not the player he was 2 years ago, and I would prefer Sam Collins to Cox (If I was being brutally honest). But anyway, the question is, where do we find a good KPD to trade in if we lose Logue? Or do we fill that void internally?

I wonder how he’s feeling about the year / upcoming season

Was leading the goal kicking for the wafl then got picked up by us…

Then an injury and played seconds for the rest of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He’s getting an opportunity that he wouldn’t have had otherwise.
Personally I think he’s got a lot to learn as a forward & I’m struggling to see him make it there. He relies on his athleticism only & has no forward craft. I’d like to see him roaming at half back at WAFL level, Dusty Fletcher style long arms & core strength.

Ryan is not the player he was 2 years ago, and I would prefer Sam Collins to Cox (If I was being brutally honest). But anyway, the question is, where do we find a good KPD to trade in if we lose Logue? Or do we fill that void internally?
I think we have to put hope that Hamling is over the majority of his injuries (he's looked much better the last month) and can play a role as depth and draft one asap to develop.

I think we have to put hope that Hamling is over the majority of his injuries (he's looked much better the last month) and can play a role as depth and draft one asap to develop.
I thought Hamling was like 32 or something but he's only 29. Could still have 2 or 3 good years at AFL level if he could stay fit.

Listening to Duff and Quarters.

Duff saying Logue knocked back Freos latest.

Apparently someone he knows at north said they thought they were being used as leverage, but have upped offer and now think they’re a chance

Apparently someone he knows at north said they thought they were being used as leverage, but have upped offer and now think they’re a chance
Imagine what the offer was from North for Logue to knock back Freo? It must be like 700k x 4. Even then, I still don't know why you'd leave a team that is contending to a team that has just won the wooden spoon. With the recent TV right deal and projected cap increase, you'd think Freo would be able to offer Logue 600 x 4 and Acres 400 x 3 if they really wanted to keep them. (They are losing Mundy next year, and Fyfe only has a year left of his contract). I know the club is trying to shuffle the deck chairs to make space for Jackson but I would argue that Logue, Acres and Lobb all play positions that are pretty hard to replace.

Last edited:
Imagine what the offer was from North for Logue to knock back Freo? It must be like 700k x 4. Even then, I still don't know why you'd leave a team that is contending to a team that has just won the wooden spoon.
Absolutely bizarre from Logue if this comes true, at least we are going to be able to hit the draft like people want as well bringing in Jackson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine what the offer was from North for Logue to knock back Freo? It must be like 700k x 4. Even then, I still don't know why you'd leave a team that is contending to a team that has just won the wooden spoon. With the recent TV right deal and projected cap increase, you'd think Freo would be able to offer Logue 600 x 4 and Acres 400 x 3 if they really wanted to keep them. (They are losing Mundy next year, and Fyfe only has a year left of his contract). I know the club is trying to shuffle the deck chairs to make space for Jackson but I would argue that Logue, Acres and Lobb all play positions that are pretty hard to replace.
I doubt it's 700, probably 550/600k. Either way he should be added on the boo list of he plays here at Optus.

I doubt it's 700, probably 550/600k. Either way he should be added on the boo list of he plays here at Optus.
Apparently we have offered Logue 500 x 4, so it would be baffling if he went to North on 550 x 4. If it looks like Colin Young, walks like Colin Young, and quacks like Colin Young - then it's probably Colin Young.

Well then he can well and truly gagf

Again I want to see a source on us offering Logue 4 years. If we were actually offering 500 * 4 he'd be taking it.

Our offer being less than 4 years is the only thing that makes sense to me.
Duffield and Ralph have said it, though Duff might just be citing Ralph. Ralph has absolutely no idea about trades but when he goes this specific, it's probably pretty accurate

It's starting to look like he's gone, I find it staggering he's turning down 500k a year to stay with us and choosing to go to North but he must really fear for his best 22 job security. It makes sense for North as well given they have no one to pay and are getting PP's for nothing.

If it happens, hopefully North get given pick 11 with a nudge to hand it over for an immediate player

Clarkson will make a statement. They will walk him in psd
No they wont, dont listen to Taylor
  • Logue is the exact type of dude to say he's not going PSD
  • They are being given PP, they would look like right arseholes not handing it over for him

I will gift you a platinum subscription if he goes PSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back