List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why does this board continue to go around and around every few weeks on these arguments?

Can we all just move ******* forward? Please?

🤦🏻‍♂️
We're trying to pass the nervous wait until Saturday. C'mon man.

Meek is too good to be playing at Peel, deserves a chance at a number 1 spot.

Always liked how he never seemed to complain about not getting a regular gig but was always ready to step up and play his role.

Between the potential departures of Lobb, Acres, Tucker and Meek we should have a good bundle of picks to play around with.

Move up and nab Brisbane’s FRP?

DO NOT TRADE LORD MEEK TOO THE ****ING EAGLES

Don’t trade him anywhere if you ask me but the lad probably deserves a fair crack somewhere

If we get Jackson I don’t think Lloyd Meek signs another deal with the club. Then it comes down to:
1. What can we get for Meek this year when still in contract and what would we get next year.
2. What can we get as a replacement.

It might also come down to whether we think we can win a premiership with our best 22 next year. If yes, then having 7-8 good depth players to compliment that best 22 is critical. If no, then maybe we cut our losses and look to add ruck depth from elsewhere - easier said than done tbh.

Gotta say, I'm sick to death of the Aaron Naughton garbage. He was a defender at the time and we had just drafted a defender inside the top 10 the year before. Like who drafts back to back key defenders inside the top 10 to start a rebuild? Seriously, c'mon guys.

The Cerra pick was fine.

Also, this thread has made me realise again how much I hate Jesse Hogan.

It entirely depends on what they offer. If by some stroke of disaster from Nisbett Jnr they offer their first first season for Meek, Logue and our first next season...

Then the question would be do we offer that pick straight up to Melbourne or try and split it into another top five to ten pick we won't use because it goes to Melbourne and something else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was pretty commonly accepted at the time that we needed a key forward and a lot of people were justifiably upset when we took Cerra over Naughton. So it's not like it was complete hindsight, it was a poor decision then and even more so now.

In think your looking to rewrite history based on eventual outcomes.

Doesn’t work like that, Naughton was never a top 10 conversation, and in fact was never a first round conversation.

Am I missing something? If Lobb and Meek both go, what are our ruck options? Darcy and Jackson, and if one or both of them goes down we ruck what, Logue and Treacy?

I think we have been seduced by this years' injury list into forgetting we need solid backup for everyone.

Meek stays.
I would assume we would draft a ruckman to develop at Peel for the next few years if Lobb/Meek both go.

Am I missing something? If Lobb and Meek both go, what are our ruck options? Darcy and Jackson, and if one or both of them goes down we ruck what, Logue and Treacy?

I think we have been seduced by this years' injury list into forgetting we need solid backup for everyone.

Meek stays.
I think given there is basically no chance Meek signs on after the next contract, I'd be ok cashing in those assets this year and replacing with some state level depth.

I'd pick up the best state ruckman going around like Freed from South who has given Meek more trouble then anyone, just as a pure emergency option

I think we can have all of Erasmus, Johnson and Amiss in rd 1 next year.

Erasmus and Johnson will be solid units after the next pre season. Amiss will still be a bean stalk compared to them, but I think will be more than capable in playing 2nd or 3rd fiddle.

I would assume we would draft a ruckman to develop at Peel for the next few years if Lobb/Meek both go.
Development option would be pointless, best state ruck to pay an AFL rookie wage for a few years before delisting and replacing with the next best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back