List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or watch us go all the way next year with Fyfe in the middle, he could be the difference and exactly what we need, a fit Fyfe taking Mundy’s minutes in the centre would release Brayshaw from the hard tags he’s been receiving and provide a very solid body to feed the ball out to the two young guns.

I hope so

Not sure if it's been posted here but this doesn't sound promising at all...

Money is one thing but there's not really anything you can do when players leave due to lack of opportunity.

Tucker, Meek and Logue definitely fall under that category. That's why it's so important to keep Lobb (contracted) and Acres (money).
Ah, so Fyfe is actually helping keep players by being unavailable and giving them opportunities! ;)

So how would everyone feel if we keep all our players & next year Clubs start coming after Erasmus, Johnson, Henry, Treacy etc because they’re all playing WAFL & can’t get opportunities in the senior side?
Players in their first or second year in a finals team don't have any right to sook about not getting opportunities.

I don't think the club can't pay more money; I think they are committed to not overpaying and finding themselves with a Collingwood situation where a player's performance drops off steeply and they are having to try to move overpaid and underperforming players mid contract.

So how would everyone feel if we keep all our players & next year Clubs start coming after Erasmus, Johnson, Henry, Treacy etc because they’re all playing WAFL & can’t get opportunities in the senior side?
I'd feel ok with it if we're 10 and 1. I doubt we'd refuse to give them a look in the ones if they're in form all the same. I'd be disappointed if we're 5 and 6 and they're in the WAFL. But I'd be staggered if that happened.

Despite this being Logue, Lobb and Acres best seasons at the club; all have still had periods where fans have suggested they should be dropped this year.

A three or four player turnover in the best 22 of a contender is quite normal I would have thought (considering the oft mentioned fact this season that the 22 that won a Grand Final have never taken the field in its entirety in any game after).

I've become more comfortable with logue leaving after realising that he's unlikely to be b22 next year. Amiss and treacy + Jackson and Tabs in the forward line. Add fyfe. Hamling and Hughes as depth for down back too.

Yeah he's probably better depth down back than those two but I don't rate him as a forward.

The obvious answer is we are unlikely to do as well with injuries as we did this year. That at we have, apparently 2 guaranteed B22 outs in Mundy and Lobb.
We still have 30 players capable of playing AFL footy that you supposedly require to win a flag and easily imo.

Our depth may not be perfect but no clubs is plus can be improved reasonably easily if required.

It's our best 22 that needs to improve for us to win a flag. Hard to do that if you've got players 16-25 on your list getting paid what top 10 players should (yes - that's a swipe at Logue)

Lobb out worries me. Outside that the rest are easily replaced. That's no disrespect to what Mundy has done for Freo but he's no longer up to it defensively.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it's been posted here but this doesn't sound promising at all...

Money is one thing but there's not really anything you can do when players leave due to lack of opportunity.

Tucker, Meek and Logue definitely fall under that category. That's why it's so important to keep Lobb (contracted) and Acres (money).
I wouldn’t blame Logue for leaving. His best position is back, and he knows he’s no chance of breaking in without injuries. I would still be surprised if he left.

I wouldn’t blame Logue for leaving. His best position is back, and he knows he’s no chance of breaking in without injuries. I would still be surprised if he left.
If we are still giving him a place out of his best position and offering 4x500k it meants we rate him highly and want to keep him

But only really: Sturt, Logue, Acres, Tucker, Meek, Lobb

The ones who are contracted and the ones offered a contract and yet to sign it.
Yes when spelt out like this, the fact is Tucker, Meek and Lobb are contracted so we still hold the upper hand there.
The probability is that of the other three, at least one will take the contract we offered.
I just don't see a mass exodus unless it's in our favour and we get good deals for the contracted three.
The real problem is going to be managing the narrative both internally and externally that we shipped off multiple players for Jackson. It doesn't matter if it isn't true, it's going to be the media story, you can be 100% certain, and it has the potential to disrupt the whole show if not managed well.

Sturt, Logue, Acres, Tucker, Hamling, Meek, Treacy, Cox, Lobb have all been spoken of in trade.

But only really: Sturt, Logue, Acres, Tucker, Meek, Lobb

The ones who are contracted and the ones offered a contract and yet to sign it.
Hope we keep Logue, Sturt, Acres and Meek. Although I understand if Meeks goes.

What are players worth? Here is my opinion.

Logue is worth a first, especially on the money being offered.
Sturt, sadly a third or fourth, prefer to keep
Acres a second (28 Carl)
Meek a second
Lobb a first with a second going back

We need two first for the Jackson trade.

Yes when spelt out like this, the fact is Tucker, Meek and Lobb are contracted so we still hold the upper hand there.
The probability is that of the other three, at least one will take the contract we offered.
I just don't see a mass exodus unless it's in our favour and we get good deals for the contracted three.
The real problem is going to be managing the narrative both internally and externally that we shipped off multiple players for Jackson. It doesn't matter if it isn't true, it's going to be the media story, you can be 100% certain, and it has the potential to disrupt the whole show if not managed well.

You can be sure that if West Coast don't have any hope being bought during the draft/trade/free agency period that the media will need to bring down the alternative.

I've become more comfortable with logue leaving after realising that he's unlikely to be b22 next year. Amiss and treacy + Jackson and Tabs in the forward line. Add fyfe. Hamling and Hughes as depth for down back too.

Yeah he's probably better depth down back than those two but I don't rate him as a forward.
Hamling is gone. Has been all year.
Now Pearce goes down injured touchwood, and suddenly it’s Hughes as back up. Depth has been a huge reason why Fremantle has gone this far into the season this year.
Logue and Lobb will be the biggest loss. Henry, Treacy, Erasmus will need big pre seasons.
Going for Jackson is a big mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back