NO TROLLS 2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutted, just not with Russell's passing but with the legendary Nichelle Nichols from Star Trek too

Russell and his legacy for fighting against racism and for racial equality, was just as important as his legendary playing career.

A true (gentle) Giant amongst men.

Really appreciated his special relationship he had with Kobe, which transcended the Celtics/Lakers rivalry

images

I know no one lives forever and he had a great innings, but it does still sting/hurt a lot losing our GOAT (from a Celtics perspective)

And been reading through all the tributes to him and Nichelle on social media, very tough day 😥😥😥

Gutted, just not with Russell's passing but with the legendary Nichelle Nichols from Star Trek too

Russell and his legacy for fighting against racism and for racial equality, was just as important as his legendary playing career.

A true (gentle) Giant amongst men.

Really appreciated his special relationship he had with Kobe, which transcended the Celtics/Lakers rivalry

images

I know no one lives forever and he had a great innings, but it does still sting/hurt a lot losing our GOAT (from a Celtics perspective)

And been reading through all the tributes to him and Nichelle on social media, very tough day 😥😥😥
I loved hearing stories about Bills friendship with Wilt. 2 absolute titans of the game who were fierce competitors on the court but would go to each other houses for meals and hang out a lot. Legends

So Boston has put Brown, White and a future on the table for KD. Nets want Smart, another role player plus more picks in addition.

How far Boston are willing to get bent over to get him is the question.
If they didn't accept the first offer they can keep him.

Fringe all star + Good starter + Picks for a top 3 player is overs?
Who has played less games in 3 seasons than Kyrie.

Yes its Kevin ******* Durant but hard to break up what we have built to get him.

Nets arent just going to hand him over for unders because Celtics dont want to break up what they have built
We are 1 of 3 teams that should do a trade with we have the players and assets they'd want.

I don't see a deal with us getting done anyways I'd be shocked if we got Durant, after we signed Galo and Brogdan it's clear to see Stevens is going to run it back.

Literally added what we needed to get over the hump.

We are 1 of 3 teams that should do a trade with we have the players and assets they'd want.

I don't see a deal with us getting done anyways I'd be shocked if we got Durant, after we signed Galo and Brogdan it's clear to see Stevens is going to run it back.

Literally added what we needed to get over the hump.
I can’t see nets trading him, they’re not gonna get anything back that will keep them a contender imo A collection the Celtics or any team would offer probably won’t get them out of the first round

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no, am sure plenty of teams would love Bam. Could make it a 3 teamer and the Heat make sense to go all in during the Jimmy window
Whoever the 3rd team is will be on the losing end of the trade so Kings or Knicks would be up for it.

Whoever the 3rd team is will be on the losing end of the trade so Kings or Knicks would be up for it.
Don’t think so, could get a great deal on Bam if the Heat were desperate for KD. Doubt it eventuates but is the only way the Heat are getting in on it.

Outside of that it seems like the Celtics or he stays

Don’t think so, could get a great deal on Bam if the Heat were desperate for KD. Doubt it eventuates but is the only way the Heat are getting in on it.

Outside of that it seems like the Celtics or he stays
Heat in hindsight don't need him.

Finished first in the East went to G7 in the ECF.

For what they'd have to give up for him might even push them back to a second round exit imo.

Heat in hindsight don't need him.

Finished first in the East went to G7 in the ECF.

For what they'd have to give up for him might even push them back to a second round exit imo.
Disagree personally, I honestly think the Heat were the 3rd best team in the East last year and going in to this year I’d have them 4th. Add in all the teams in the West I just don’t see them competing for a title with this current roster.

They are also missing some picks, don’t have cap space so I am not sure where the improvements come from. Bam becoming a more consistent offensive threat would help but at this point I’m not sure that’s ever happening.

Jimmy us a year or two at this current level before you would expect a slight decline to start. This is the window, they are the team I think should go for the home run and risk striking out

Yeah, I wouldn't be getting excited as a one seed when you win only 53 games. I mean only 3 more losses and they don't even have home court in the first round.

At the moment if you were putting money on it you'd have them going out in the second round next season. They're probably just as likely to lose in the first round as make the ECF.

Disagree personally, I honestly think the Heat were the 3rd best team in the East last year and going in to this year I’d have them 4th. Add in all the teams in the West I just don’t see them competing for a title with this current roster.

They are also missing some picks, don’t have cap space so I am not sure where the improvements come from. Bam becoming a more consistent offensive threat would help but at this point I’m not sure that’s ever happening.

Jimmy us a year or two at this current level before you would expect a slight decline to start. This is the window, they are the team I think should go for the home run and risk striking out
They made the bubble championship only 2 years ago this season were a game away from the finals.

IMO they don't need much else, in the East it is between, Boston, bucks, and heat can't see anyone else coming out of the east.

Again even with what you said about them not having picks etc KD is completely out of the question.

The only thing that would stop them from being one of the favs coming out of the East is if KD joined boston.

Yeah, I wouldn't be getting excited as a one seed when you win only 53 games. I mean only 3 more losses and they don't even have home court in the first round.

At the moment if you were putting money on it you'd have them going out in the second round next season. They're probably just as likely to lose in the first round as make the ECF.
tbf the East is tight hence the low win record from the first seed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back