Autopsy 2022 Rd 9 Blues show Giant heart to win interstate

Who played well for the Blues in Round 9 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive win. Absolutely God tier.

Huge effort. Fitness looks to have jumped. 7 and 2 is amazing.

Poor Zach. Can we go through one week without a season ending injury? No chance that wasn't an Achilles rupture.

Midfield bossed it.

Need to find a way to get Charlie easier goals ad the lone tall.

Sos took his moments.

Carroll looked off the pace and can't see us taking him into next week against Sydney. Huge future though.

I'm not sure why people were so scared and kept on saying "if we're any chance". They're 15th for a reason - they're not that good. And Greene isn't that good either.

Should've won by more but if you asked me it was a 30 point win before the match, would've taken it. These are the games we usually drop, they are maturing before our very eyes and it's awesome to see.

I hope Zach recovers quickly... poor fella.

To be fair the betting markets had them as favourites. I think it speaks to how big a win this was. Professional all the way through.

Fab 5 balanced it out today..all had equal share and moments. Happy Charlie. Kept at it, but did o,au a bit lazy at times.

Weiterbot almost terminated the umpire.
was smothered most of the day.........a less quality player would have said yeah, nah..........not the refusal!!

That’s the most impressive win I’ve seen for a while. The outs plus Leon Cameron. All 18 teams lose that 9/10 times.

Carlton are the 1/10 and a straighter kicking 3rd quarter we win by a bit more.

Im starting to trust them a little, been a long time since I’ve thought that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After his comment to JHF, a Norf supporter went off at Jack on what was a multi-post rant and called him VFL standard and he wouldn’t have been drafted if not for his surname. 😂

Today’s performance is off the back of last weeks 2 goal performance.
Tell that North fan, his clubs s**t!

Fisher stringing together a good season.

So dangerous when he finds space in the middle. Makes great decisions and lovely ball use I50.
just gotta stop thinking he's cyril..........

This is Carlton's best win of the season given all the hurdles we faced along the way. And a solid 4 quarter effort! So proud 👏

200.gif

Blues 2022 have 💙

What a fantastic win. Such a huge difference between gritting that one out to go 7-2 and giving up under pretty tough circumstances, and that's a really great effort.

So many players really starting to grow in to their roles. LOB was excellent - 20 kicks plus that long goal at a critical time and players are starting to look to find him on the outside. He outran his opponent today. I thought we looked better with 3 smalls rather than Martin - all of Durdin, Owies and Motlop contributed and their tackle pressure really worked for us. Fisher played one of his best games for us, and Saad is just such a luxury off half back. Also probably Weitering's best game for the year, and we saw the best of Plowman.

Also pleasing was that we had a bunch of players play different roles. In a way, I though that was Charlie Curnow's best game for the year - he's been goal-hungry at time, but today focused more on setting up team mates and was really good. Walsh starting as a high half forward, kicking two goals to get us going, then going into the middle to be our top possession getter was new. Cripps in the ruck (which I hate) was a new option.

The funny thing is we just have to keep rolling right now. We could start favourites in our next 10 straight matches... but we'll be without McKay and Pittonet for a big chunk and that means not one of those matches is an easy win.

Back