Autopsy 2022 Round 5 Heart attack Blues hold on again

Who played well for the Blues in Round 5 vs Port Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All we need is just a little patience...

Rebound out of defense is a problem. But we have good rebounding defenders, so you'd reckon that may auto correct in time.

Forward chemistry is a problem. But key forwards are working hard, and small forwards are working hard. Soon they'll work out how to work hard together.

Corridor defense is a problem. But we have a deeper more mobile midfield than previously, so you'd think...well, you get it...

This is our round 4 team from two years back. So two thirds removed from what ran out yesterday...plus a complete change of coaches. It takes a minute to build cohesion

Screenshot_20220418-161351_Chrome.jpg

If we're still heart attack material come round 15 I'll be the first to throw s**t at the ceiling fan...

Looking at other defense see need to get one athletic mobile 190-195 other than gov -- not saying do it now but surprised we didn't persist with kemp down there and play 3 smalls two talls and two hybrid - we look light and small down back ..

You do realise that Port and Bulldogs played in a Prelim and GF respectively last year and we’ve beaten both. Not to mention that 6 or so games ago Port smashed us by 120pts.
I was referencing our worrying fadeouts. Bulldogs aside, we have an easy draw. The queue was in the rack in that game last year. Port are last this season after 5 games, they haven't won one. Yet we got 50 points up and nearly lost. Regardless of where Port finished last year, that's concerning, especially because it isn't the first time this season.

I was referencing our worrying fadeouts. Bulldogs aside, we have an easy draw. The queue was in the rack in that game last year. Port are last this season after 5 games, they haven't won one. Yet we got 50 points up and nearly lost. Regardless of where Port finished last year, that's concerning, especially because it isn't the first time this season.
I reckon the port form could turn.
That second half they played against us was classic Port 2020/21. Lock it in the forward half and force a turnover. They got it rolling with their half backs pressing hard and scoring(burton).

If that continue to get that type of form rolling with wines and co back, they will near finish with 10 wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yo ctacp there are posters in here wanting to drop Kennedy and TheCoach16 is sticking up for him!

Signed,

Stan Gable.
Matt had a heavily bandaged thigh on the weekend so may be struggling with a slight corkie. I wouldn’t count him out though just yet though!

with love - your moon buddy Bette Childs.

So we have now beaten a top 8 side (hawks)
Plus
Last years grand finalist and a
Prelim finalist.
Plus
The 2020 premier with their norm smith medalist playing.
I’ll take 4-1.
We have work to do, but I’d rather do it from here than 1-4.

It's only round 5 and we are 2 games clear from 9th. Amazing start to the year and on track for finals.

It must be a fitness thing. We stop running and overlapping completely as the game progresses. We couldn't clear the ball out of our defensive half for a long period in the last quarter yesterday, like what happened against hawthorn and the WB. And that was purely because we weren't presenting in space anymore.

There is no way Voss will admit that publicly.
Obviously the club is aware of this because there was a 10 minute period in the third where we were camped in our forward 50 unable to convert. It seemed we went hammer and tong to try break the game before fatigue kicked in but we just couldn't score.

And oh yeah, Hewett is an absolute gun.
I don't think it's fitness. I think it's conservation. That's why we actually take the game back towards the end of the game.

Issue is getting the game right whilst in conservation mode or adjusting balance of attack/conserve

George Hewett 5.2 centre clearances a game. Easily the best in the competition
Amazing stat!

I feel so assured when the ball is in his hand or he's at the contest.

Love him!

Back