List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honestly JVR is the best chance at solving the KPF problem next year. That or TMac coming good off the Lisfranc.

I don't think we should rule out the option of going after gun one on one forwards who are not necessarily key position talls.

We need a tactical change even moreso than a personnel change, you could make a strong argument for pushing Brown and our second tall further up the ground (Brown sometimes actually looks ok and takes some grabs further up, that's TMac's strength) and keeping the forward 50 as open as possible with Fritsch and another dangerous medium forward out of the square.

Can't tell me defenders want to be isolated in the goalsquare on Fritsch and a Jamie Elliot/De Goey/Toby Greene type. They want to be bodying up to Ben Brown and Weid with intercepters coming up over the top.

I don't want De Goey because of his indiscretions and getting Greene would be a million to one shot. But there's plenty more options for medium forwards who are dangerous one on one than there are key talls. My fear is we bring in some speculative key tall and find out that they're no better at outmarking three defenders than Weid or Brown.

I don't think we should rule out the option of going after gun one on one forwards who are not necessarily key position talls.

We need a tactical change even moreso than a personnel change, you could make a strong argument for pushing Brown and our second tall further up the ground (Brown sometimes actually looks ok and takes some grabs further up, that's TMac's strength) and keeping the forward 50 as open as possible with Fritsch and another dangerous medium forward out of the square.

Can't tell me defenders want to be isolated in the goalsquare on Fritsch and a Jamie Elliot/De Goey/Toby Greene type. They want to be bodying up to Ben Brown and Weid with intercepters coming up over the top.

I don't want De Goey because of his indiscretions and getting Greene would be a million to one shot. But there's plenty more options for medium forwards who are dangerous one on one than there are key talls. My fear is we bring in some speculative key tall and find out that they're no better at outmarking three defenders than Weid or Brown.

If Melk stays in form I'm happpy to do this with Melk, Fritsch and Koz deep with BBB roaming up the ground. We kinda did this in the Port game and it looked good.

Gunston would be great for this. He'd be a nightmare deep with Fritsch. Both so damn intelligent with their movement and you can't just park a key defender on them.

Gunston would be great for this. He'd be a nightmare deep with Fritsch. Both so damn intelligent with their movement and you can't just park a key defender on them.

Would be a great option for a year or two. After the way we've been playing for 3 years our forwards could learn a lot from someone like him about how to time leads.

If we are talking about fantasy options, I'd offer Tom De Koning 700-800k a year to be our number one forward. He's never gonna get infront of McKay and Curnow and maybe he wants to be a forward instead of mid/defender.
yep i like it. big, strong, and athletic, if we could turn Jacksons loss into getting TDK then i'd be very happy. he reminds me a bit of Tom Hawkins the way he plays, he can win a marking contest either by holding his ground in front with strength, or using his athleticism and jumping from behind, which would suit our forward half contested gamestyle.
i'd rather that than go for a smaller second tall forward type like a Georgiadis, Riccardi, or Jones, who all need a bit of a clear run and jump at it. they are all bit too one dimensional imo and i don't think they'll really help us much at the end of the day unless we drastically overhauled our (lack of) forward system.

There's no gun or even good kpf available. Clubs can go a decade without finding one. We either chase after imaginary KPFs who don't exist or we get pro active. Chol and Peter Wright weren't heralded as great key forwards and look at em now
Lol how do you know there's not good KPFs available? Not every name that is open to a move gets mentioned in the media, certainly not at this stage of the year.

But back to the point on TDK, I'd much rather throw ~$700KPA at him than pay that much for Grundy to come across.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lack of Buddy talk as our KPF saviour is astounding. Do people forget that he supported Melbourne as a kid?
I've always heard this but never seen any evidence of it. I also don't see why it matters, even if Buddy was open to a return to victoria our style of football would completely waste him. Bloke has never been able to mark over his head in his career which is exactly where we would put the ball.

TDK would be great. Gunston also a great option for 2-3 years and in the meantime try lure Ben King back to Vic at the end of his deal.

If we could get Riccardi and a forward-ruck like McLean, I'd be happy.
I don't know enough about McLean but seen his name mentioned here.

Just wonder if we are better off ******* around at draft time for a key forward than filling the list with guys like that who might just be in demand because they're not getting a game.

That said, who would have seen the explosion of casboult, chol etc moving. Players seem to do well moving to Melb too, maybe we could see McLean or riccardi kick on with us

Is he a contested marking KPF or more of a medium/third tall type?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I haven't watched enough of gws but he's fairly well built, listed at 195cm/97kg. Interestingly, only 22yo.

Watched about 10 mins of the game on Saturday amd saw him slot a beautiful set shot on the boundary 45 out.

I've always heard this but never seen any evidence of it. I also don't see why it matters, even if Buddy was open to a return to victoria our style of football would completely waste him. Bloke has never been able to mark over his head in his career which is exactly where we would put the ball.
Sorry, it wasn't a serious suggestion, just a throw back to trade rumours of yesteryear

Need a forward who is either very crafty(like Gunston) or can take a contested mark (like Dixon). Riccardi is young but not sure he has many tricks in his kitbag. Seems like a pretty vanilla lead out FF. Does he at least put pressure on the backs? Gunston would be my #1 target. JVR, TMac, Gunston, Koz and Fritta would be a handy F50 full of tough matchups.

Need a forward who is either very crafty(like Gunston) or can take a contested mark (like Dixon). Riccardi is young but not sure he has many tricks in his kitbag. Seems like a pretty vanilla lead out FF. Does he at least put pressure on the backs? Gunston would be my #1 target. JVR, TMac, Gunston, Koz and Fritta would be a handy F50 full of tough matchups.
I like the Gunston idea too, but Goody has basically confirmed that we'll continue to play two 'top-line rucks', so I still wouldn't be surprised by Grundy. If not Grundy, I imagine there'll be another ruck/forward coming in.

I like the Gunston idea too, but Goody has basically confirmed that we'll continue to play two 'top-line rucks', so I still wouldn't be surprised by Grundy. If not Grundy, I imagine there'll be another ruck/forward coming in.
Could we not try for both Grundy and Gunston? Isaac Smith left for another chance of a flag, could be a selling point for him with the Hawks a few years away. Wouldn't imagine he'd cost much more than a 2nd rounder? Not sure what he's worth $$ wise but take a paycut for a chance at success one more time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back