AFL Grand Final 2023 AFL Grand Final: Collingwood vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

When I bumped Billy's thread yesterday arvo I wrote - I wont be barracking for Collingwood on Saturday, but I will be barracking for Big Bad Billy.

Given we don't play in farken grand finals anymore, its become nice to cheer on someone with a Port connection - Dewie in 2008, Dimma in 2017 especially, Corey Enright, Shaun, etc. Not every year but when they pop up like Billy this year it becomes more watchable.

I’ve barely watched Grand Finals beginning with 2020, but since I’ve concluded we’re no longer eligible to play in them (a bit like accepting you’re no shot with the Margot Robbies and Kaya Scodelarios of the world), I’m actually looking forward to this game.

If meatloaf is the benchmark we are set for decades of subpar pregame entertainment

On moto g62 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app
Meatloaf is the benchmark of how to * up.

That was as good as Robbie Williams last year.

Anyway the AFL have no philisophical basis of what they want to achieve from their entertainment.

The NFL - after Wacko Jacko in 1993 performed in the twilight at the Rose Bowl in Pasedena attracted over 20 million extra people for the half time show after those expensive ads ate shown - said we are going to attract the biggest and best acts in the world to maximise TV ratings. Before Jacko they mainly had college marching bands for half time shows. Ocassinally they had an individual sing song with

The AFL have never said what they are trying to achieve with their entertaimnent acts. And most of the public who whinge about have no idea either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back