Player Watch 2023 Father Son player watch - McCabe, Dear and Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I keep deleting posts referencing this, but can we move away from suggesting or making juvenile jokes about the bloodlines of players.

This is a public forum and parents of players do read here.

No shame in getting outmarked by a player that has 15 kgs on you. I hope Jed Walter enjoys it while it lasts. You'd imagine he'll attract a bid at pick 2.
Can't see us passing a bid on him at this rate, unless we do a deal with GC.

Glad to see Walter do well. The higher he climbs the more likely the Suns are to trade their pick
Yeah, that’s great but they won’t be trading it to us because they’ll be looking for a bunch of picks later in the first round and in the second round to be used to match bids on the other academy plays.

Yeah, that’s great but they won’t be trading it to us because they’ll be looking for a bunch of picks later in the first round and in the second round to be used to match bids on the other academy plays.
Does the deficit come off picks you trade in as well or only picks you would originally hold? They could trade for our first then trade back in with their future first.

Or if it comes out of all picks. Trade back in with both our future first and theirs. Take 5 or so first rounders this year at the cost of next years draft.

Does the deficit come off picks you trade in as well or only picks you would originally hold? They could trade for our first then trade back in with their future first.

Or if it comes out of all picks. Trade back in with both our future first and theirs. Take 5 or so first rounders this year at the cost of next years draft.
The deficit comes off the next pick you have available at the time of matching, whether that is an original pick or a pick that is traded in. In terms of the next season, it'll do the same, it will be removed from the first pick available when pick positions are locked in at the end of the season.

I've wanted to do a Will McCabe game for a while, and this seemed like a good opportunity even though he did get toweled up early by Jed Walter. He worked back into the game nicely I thought and showed a lot. Recruiters say that they're mostly looking for moments of AFL level quality, and he showed a few of those here.

The deficit comes off the next pick you have available at the time of matching, whether that is an original pick or a pick that is traded in. In terms of the next season, it'll do the same, it will be removed from the first pick available when pick positions are locked in at the end of the season.
Thank you, makes sense that’s how it would be done.

Would be the perfect year for suns to go all in. They have the picks to do it. Trade everything into this year once they trade their first out and match a Walter bid.

I've wanted to do a Will McCabe game for a while, and this seemed like a good opportunity even though he did get toweled up early by Jed Walter. He worked back into the game nicely I thought and showed a lot. Recruiters say that they're mostly looking for moments of AFL level quality, and he showed a few of those here.

Thought he competed well given how the Allies were walking the ball out of the middle.

Saw some of his elite traits filter through late in the game as it opened up. That gather at half back at speed is exciting for a bloke his size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he competed well given how the Allies were walking the ball out of the middle.

Saw some of his elite traits filter through late in the game as it opened up. That gather at half back at speed is exciting for a bloke his size.
Yep. Looks to be more a second/third tall or CHB. Blanck will be our FB.

Yep. Looks to be more a second/third tall or CHB. Blanck will be our FB.
No reason he can’t be our no.1 key defender once his body fills out. Too much flair and natural talent to play as a stay at home lock down defender/full back. Definitely more suited to CHB where he can fly for his marks and use his athleticism to dash off down the field.

No reason he can’t be our no.1 key defender once his body fills out. Too much flair and natural talent to play as a stay at home lock down defender/full back. Definitely more suited to CHB where he can fly for his marks and use his athleticism to dash off down the field.

It sounds like he plays a little like Darcy Moore. If we could get him to base his game around Moore, and it works, then we are laughing.

It sounds like he plays a little like Darcy Moore. If we could get him to base his game around Moore, and it works, then we are laughing.

Need to get him on the VAFA Shem diet.

Click the "quote" button next to "reply" on the comment you want to copy over, then go to the thread you want to copy it over to and click "insert quotes
I'm thinking Harris Andrews

New article on draft rankings has McCabe at 19, and says he has lays like Himmleberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back