Player Watch 2023 Father Son player watch - McCabe, Dear and Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I keep deleting posts referencing this, but can we move away from suggesting or making juvenile jokes about the bloodlines of players.

This is a public forum and parents of players do read here.

How'd he go in the end for anyone that Watched?

I didn't watch the first quarter where (reportedly) Walter did most of his damage against Will, but from the second quarter onwards I thought Will was reasonably solid.

Walter's stats are very impressive but most of his work came against different opponents from Q2 onwards. A great crumb and goal, an intercept mark etc. Whenever McCabe was there, he did a reasonably good job of neutralising. Had two or three good intercept marks and his kicking was good the few chances he did provide rebound. So while I would say he got beaten I liked what I saw, especially considering the strength difference between the two.

Jed Walter is a star so I'm not surprised. He's going to be the next gun forward imo, pick of the lot from this draft.
I feel that he's a lot more physically developed than most of his peers & he plays a very tough style so it accentuates his strength over others.

I think his game will translate pretty well. Will be interesting to see what level of improvement he has in him when in a professional environment.

To bring it back to this thread... I think McCabe has a fair amount of improvement left in him, particularly in getting stronger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...s/news-story/7b5d1f5a6983df1f4741b2f5ae7fb8cb

AFL Under-18 Championships 2023: Every SuperCoach score from South Australia v Allies​

A Tasmanian topped 200 ranking points in a bumper start to the championships, while a South Australian defender and a Gold Coast Academy forward also starred.

SOUTH AUSTRALIA SUPERCOACH SCORES​

William McCabe106
Sid Draper104
Callum Fairall97
Jack Delean86
Alex Van Wyk82
Alex Holt80
Anders McShane77
Ashton Moir74
Taylor Goad73
Kade Herbert72
Declan Gladigau68
Liam Fawcett68
Kane McAuliffe65
Will Patton58
Tom Wheaton55
Trent Tattoli55
Logan Evans47
Luca Slade37
Oscar Talbot36
Loch Rawlinson30
Jed Diguan30
Bodie Ryan25
Patrick Weckert8

ALLIES SUPERCOACH SCORES​

Ryley Sanders217
Harvey Thomas135
Caiden Cleary133
Colby McKercher128
Jed Walter127
Will Graham114
James Leake111
Ethan Read100
Tom Beaumont98
Jake Rogers96
Phoenix Gothard80
Indhi Kirk71
Connor O’Sullivan64
Charlie McCormack53
Leonardo Lombard52
Nick Williams48
Lachlan Cabor47
Orlando Turner43
Max Rider42
William Rowlands39
Caleb May33
Patrick Snell31
Jack Callinan
Interesting to see McCabe rack up the ranking points. Didn't think he was that good this game, but it shows how he can have an impact on the game without looking like a standout. We're in for a treat next year.

Much more involved, he had some nice intercepts and his teammates looked for him a bit more coming out of defence.
Might be time the afl changes the rules regarding academy players.

Maybe teams that make the 8 don’t have access to matching any bid in the first round and teams that dont make the 8 can match first a round bid…

Did he have a better second half? Might have to watch it.

His first half wasn't the most inspiring.
There is a summary of the best performers from this game in the North draft thread but no link so I’m not sure how to copy it over, but McCabe was mentioned in the intro as one of the standouts and he was the top rated SA player. A smarter poster than myself might know how to copy the article over.

There is a summary of the best performers from this game in the North draft thread but no link so I’m not sure how to copy it over, but McCabe was mentioned in the intro as one of the standouts and he was the top rated SA player. A smarter poster than myself might know how to copy the article over.
Click the "quote" button next to "reply" on the comment you want to copy over, then go to the thread you want to copy it over to and click "insert quotes".

AFL Under-18 Championships 2023: Every SuperCoach score from South Australia v Allies​

A Tasmanian midfield ace, a Hawthorn father-son prospect and a Gold Coast Academy member were among the standouts as the AFL under-18 national championships kicked off on Sunday.

South Australia key defender William McCabe was the top-ranked player for the home side, finishing with nine disposals, seven intercept possessions, seven spoils and five tackles.

McCabe – who plays for Central Districts in the SANFL – is a father-son prospect for Hawthorn this year, with his father Luke having played 138 games for the club between 1995 and 2004.
^The relevant parts, copied over from a Chris Cavanaugh article containing the SC scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back