List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a link to the article? I can't find anything on Google or the AFL website. Not doubting you, just trying to find the article you referenced.
From the article below:

"For instance, it would have allowed Adelaide to list one of Rory Sloane or Taylor Walker as a veteran for 2024 and opened up another spot on their primary list. The idea was designed to keep veterans in the game without sacrificing a list spot that a youngster may have taken, with the veteran’s full payments still counted in the salary cap."

There's a link in the post above

We just don’t get young players coming home to SA very often before their second contract … do we?

JHF was a bad choice by North, should have taken the offers from Adelaide teams before the draft.

I think we need to focus on the players that want to come here, not the ones that we dream of being in the tri-colours with no real indication that it’s a possibility.

So for me.

Petty is a lock. Top line defender, that can switch hit. Tick. He wants to come, I think we get him over the line next year.

Oliver is a superstar midfielder. I would say he is in the top couple of players in the league when he is firing. He seems to have identified us as a legitimate option through Burgess. We must take him and any perceived risk if he is available.

You take Hayward if he is coming via free agency. Always take the free hits to make your squad better. We just need to capitalise on SA players coming home whenever possible.

Isaac Cumming is an example of another possible free hit. Just keep improving the squad.

I don’t think we get Phillipou. We don’t live in a pie in the sky world where every super talented youngster comes to us for unders.

We will have the opposite problem with Soligo and Rachele … every VIC team throwing the kitchen sink at them, hopefully we have them under lock and key for the most productive parts of their careers!

We just don’t get young players coming home to SA very often before their second contract … do we?

JHF was a bad choice by North, should have taken the offers from Adelaide teams before the draft.

I think we need to focus on the players that want to come here, not the ones that we dream of being in the tri-colours with no real indication that it’s a possibility.

So for me.

Petty is a lock. Top line defender, that can switch hit. Tick. He wants to come, I think we get him over the line next year.

Oliver is a superstar midfielder. I would say he is in the top couple of players in the league when he is firing. He seems to have identified us as a legitimate option through Burgess. We must take him and any perceived risk if he is available.

You take Hayward if he is coming via free agency. Always take the free hits to make your squad better. We just need to capitalise on SA players coming home whenever possible.

Isaac Cumming is an example of another possible free hit. Just keep improving the squad.

I don’t think we get Phillipou. We don’t live in a pie in the sky world where every super talented youngster comes to us for unders.

We will have the opposite problem with Soligo and Rachele … every VIC team throwing the kitchen sink at them, hopefully we have them under lock and key for the most productive parts of their careers!
Very sensible & logical post !

So for me.

Both Soligo & Rachele have been signed up long term.

Unless Rachele and Soligo find themselves in the midst of Adelaide’s underworld in the next couple of years, there’s no way they’re not with us until at least 2029

Are more players under contract being traded now than in previous years?
Not sure... but there are now more players with long term contracts... which makes it more likely when things fall apart... like a Grundy or Treloar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back