List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Last edited:

I don't have any faith in Bell.
He's done nothing since winning flags at Norf.
Most o/rated campaigner at the Dockers, and that is saying something.
We will not trade Lobb, Lobb traded.
The amount of talent we have lost in the last 5/6 years is a disgrace.
One of them won a f'ing Brownlow

I don't have any faith in Bell.
He's done nothing since winning flags at Norf.
Most o/rated campaigner at the Dockers, and that is saying something.
We will not trade Lobb, Lobb traded.
The amount of talent we have lost in the last 5/6 years is a disgrace.
One of them won a f'ing Brownlow

I’m a firm believer that if someone doesn’t want to be at the club, then we should extract maximum value and get them out. Maybe you could argue we should try and change their minds but most players leaving have reasons that we couldn’t really change. Players leaving happens, not really sure it’s Peter Bells fault.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not his fault, but he got rid of Lyon and put Longmuir in. Longmuir was an old boys appointment. I reckon we could’ve done better.
Kingsley at GWS for example, he’d have the Freo list contending.
Too many people at Freo just happy to exist
No way they picked longmuir because he’s from freo. They picked him because they thought he was best person for the job.
Look at this list Kingsley got at GWS to compared when JL took over, GWS list was ready to go now. Freo was mostly kids.

No way they picked longmuir because he’s from freo. They picked him because they thought he was best person for the job.
Look at this list Kingsley got at GWS to compared when JL took over, GWS list was ready to go now. Freo was mostly kids.
Yup. That GWS is experienced. Same list made finals just the year before. And people seem to forget that JL took us to finals only a year ago before losing a chunk of our list. GWS winning two more games than us this year with a much more experienced list does not really put Kinglsey miles ahead of JL.

Swiggy you’ve also been vocal on Liam being not very good. You’ve shown your possie, we’ll see how he goes next year. Just like most good Freo players, he’ll go better. The story of the Dockers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swiggy you’ve also been vocal on Liam being not very good. You’ve shown your possie, we’ll see how he goes next year. Just like most good Freo players, he’ll go better. The story of the Dockers!
Don’t really see how Liam comes into my thoughts on JL but anyway.

I’m looking forward to watching Liam hopefully he doesn’t fall on the way side like the 5 that left last year
Acres - been ok but still turns ball over
Logue - wasn’t great before hurting knee.
Meek - playing mostly VFL
Lobb- should be playing VFL
Tucker - see meek

Maybe someone should be telling Liam the grass isn’t always greener

Last edited:
Don’t really see how Liam comes into my thoughts on JL but anyway.

I’m looking forward to watching Liam hopefully he doesn’t fall on the way side like the 4 that left last year
Acres - been ok but still turns ball over
Logue - wasn’t great before hurting knee.
Meek - playing mostly VFL
Lobb- should be playing VFL

Maybe someone should be telling your mate Liam the grass isn’t always greener
Meek, Lobb, Tucker have all been dropped several times. Blues fans wanted Acres dropped when their team was doing dogshit. Even Logue was moved to the forward line for a few games for North.

Plus, we've lost Young and potentially, on occasion, Cox from the established brigade back there.

Depending upon Hamling's situation, I'd like to get a cheap key back or third tall to help out next year.
Thank goodness Young has moved midfield. Now we can fit Chapman and Walker in. I think it is where Aish plays his best football too.

Sam Edmund mentioned on SEN that the Hawks are looking to offload DGB.

Honestly, wouldn't mind that

Excited to see what Jamie G could turn Cox into if we scored DGB.
Reckon he has a bit of Kyle Langford about him, and he managed to boot 51 for the year.

I like the way Carlton & Collingwoods backline set up, one Genuine KPD then a mixture of medium attacking HBFS, plenty of speed on the ball bouncing off the backline. Giving the forwards a chance.
We should look at something like that since we can’t win a fuking clearance or contested footy

I wonder if we could get a future second round pick for Henry and possibly pick 58. Trade that future second, our future first, and pick 52 to GC for pick 4 and Sharp.

Head to the draft with pick 4, 21, and 40

I wonder if we could get a future second round pick for Henry and possibly pick 58. Trade that future second, our future first, and pick 52 to GC for pick 4 and Sharp.

Head to the draft with pick 4, 21, and 40
don't GC need points this year, not next?

don't GC need points this year, not next?
The thread on the drafting board goes into more detail, but essentially they have a lot of points this year, and will get more from Flanders or Holland. If they keep it pick 4 will get used for points so they might as well try and shift it's value into next year. They apparently have some good academy kids next year as well.

Henry out is a big loss for us. Liked his lability to get across the ground, found his own ball and was willing to back himself in with the challenging kicks. Would want a late first out of the dogs or melb would settle for a 2nd and 3rd pick from the others.

I also think we should get active in trading out a fringe player or two while they have some (probably limited) currency.

Brodie, banfield, hughes, tabs should all be up for trade even for late picks. Of that lot I would be keenest on keeping hughes.

Brodie is behind Fyfe, omeara and Erasmus from our final round 22. Good inside mid could go for wce 35 or 38
Banfield is not needed with Sturt, Emmett, Corbett playing that role. Imagine he adds to teams lacking depth, one that cuts deep this year.
Hughes is good but behind Chappy, aish, young, Ryan, walker on the hbf and competing with wormer, Stanley, noddy etc for wing. Tough bloke might go for late 2nd
Tabs in his last year for us. Could find a home supporting the forward line of a team like Richmond or dons. Late 3rd round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back