List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
If Hawks really are into Bailey Smith, they could potentially trade pick 3 for Smith and 17.
17 would be eaten by McCrabe bid match, so we could offer Henry, 52 + 58 for 17.
Go to draft with 17,21,40

I don't have any faith in Bell.
He's done nothing since winning flags at Norf.
Most o/rated campaigner at the Dockers, and that is saying something.
We will not trade Lobb, Lobb traded.
The amount of talent we have lost in the last 5/6 years is a disgrace.
One of them won a f'ing Brownlow
Losing talent has not really hurt us.

Who we replaced them with hurt us. We can not identify talent.

If Hawks really are into Bailey Smith, they could potentially trade pick 3 for Smith and 17.
17 would be eaten by McCrabe bid match, so we could offer Henry, 52 + 58 for 17.
Go to draft with 17,21,40
Smith is not leaving the dogs. His manager connors was on gettable and I’ve not heard many firmer rebuttals of trade talk.

Henry out is a big loss for us. Liked his lability to get across the ground, found his own ball and was willing to back himself in with the challenging kicks. Would want a late first out of the dogs or melb would settle for a 2nd and 3rd pick from the others.

I also think we should get active in trading out a fringe player or two while they have some (probably limited) currency.

Brodie, banfield, hughes, tabs should all be up for trade even for late picks. Of that lot I would be keenest on keeping hughes.

Brodie is behind Fyfe, omeara and Erasmus from our final round 22. Good inside mid could go for wce 35 or 38
Banfield is not needed with Sturt, Emmett, Corbett playing that role. Imagine he adds to teams lacking depth, one that cuts deep this year.
Hughes is good but behind Chappy, aish, young, Ryan, walker on the hbf and competing with wormer, Stanley, noddy etc for wing. Tough bloke might go for late 2nd
Tabs in his last year for us. Could find a home supporting the forward line of a team like Richmond or dons. Late 3rd round
The club is keen to retain as many players possible.

If Henry does nominate Hawks, what would a 3 way trade look like involving Brockman, Henry and Pick 19 look like. What would have to be added etc?

Also interesting in that Connor’s interview.

Sam Reid supporting Haydn McLean and amartey. What about Logan? 👀👀

Barrass for McDonald on the cards maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stanley only signing 1 year does worry me a bit, has shown enough for 2 imo

Some other interesting things in inside trading, msd picks to 3.5 years still likely to come in

Clubs want the nga rules to align with northern academy rules again, they reckon there is no benefit to running the academies, I gotta say I agree with this

There may be a changeup where U have to hold a pick within a certain range though, I'm not sure I agree with this, I actually think academies have significantly upped the amount of trading that can be done, clubs nowadays have so much room to move up the draft due to academy picks, I think this is something lost on a lot of people.

Anyone needing to enter the top 10 this year would have to package futures according to the article

We paid too much but got him for unders.

It's complicated but it works
I’ll bite - we succumbed to Melbourne’s demands for second round pick (with third and fourth coming back) as a compromise to get the deal done, when already two firsts should have sat on the table as final offer and eventually Melbourne would have caved.

When you look at likely eventual cost:
15, 6-7, 26-29 > Jackson, 42 (Max Knobel), 57 (Corey Wagner)

We end up with unicorn and versatile tall that can play ruck rover across the ground and made all Australian squad in his first year at the age 21 with a long career of at least 10 years all ahead of him. Also I’ll throw in Max Knobel who looks like a promising tall ruckman and we needed the pick in the early third round. Wagner doesn’t really count because whether we end up with the third rounder or just the last 5th round pick in the draft our pick would have been around 57-60 in any case and I’m sure Wagner would have been available there or even the rookie draft.

I’ll bite - we succumbed to Melbourne’s demands for second round pick (with third and fourth coming back) as a compromise to get the deal done, when already two firsts should have sat on the table as final offer and eventually Melbourne would have caved.

When you look at likely eventual cost:
15, 6-7, 26-29 > Jackson, 42 (Max Knobel), 57 (Corey Wagner)

We end up with unicorn and versatile tall that can play ruck rover across the ground and made all Australian squad in his first year at the age 21 with a long career of at least 10 years all ahead of him. Also I’ll throw in Max Knobel who looks like a promising tall ruckman and we needed the pick in the early third round. Wagner doesn’t really count because whether we end up with the third rounder or just the last 5th round pick in the draft our pick would have been around 57-60 in any case and I’m sure Wagner would have been available there or even the rookie draft.

Would you accept pick #6, #15 and #27 in a trade for Luke Jackson tomorrow?

I wouldn't think anyone would.

What if that player was in contract, you'd want even more... that's the Sean Darcy value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back