• Yes

Votes: 61 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 107 56.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 24 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me a cynical prick but I am sick of people grandstanding during the off season, writing I'm not renewing my membership, I'm protesting, then come March and April write I folded and renewed.

In almost 18 years on this board I have never told anyone to shut up, on the most democratic of platforms, but I will if I have to read through these lies again, I will, and then .......

Last edited:
I’ll travel around watch the Rabbitohs and not missing social events instead.

REH, I folded last year. It won’t happen this time.

Call me a cynical prick but I am sick of people grandstanding during the off season, writing I'm not renewing my membership, I'm protesting, then come March and April write I folded and renewed.

In almost 18 years on this board I have never told anyone to shut up, on the most democratic of platforms, but I will if I have to read through these lies again and then .......

I ended up folding in Feb but I just cant justify spending hundreds of dollars anymore. I might get a netball membership instead.

Honestly, even if this all turned out differently, between Jarrod f**king Walsh, drummer man, "I Don't Care" song, Kiss Cam, and all the other rot that makes up the "Best game-day experience in the AFL", this year i've discovered the best seat in the house is in my actual house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll renew my two memberships. I have to believe the club will still be here when the… impostors… have all been thrown out. Live in SYD and will get to games when I can and make sure the two seats have other bums on them when mine isn’t.

Someone in another thread used the word “obligation” and I also still feel it. Refer second sentence above.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Already taken off auto-renew

Sent a couple of polite, subtle emails explaining my position

Will NOT be renewing next year, and for the foreseeable future, not purchasing merchandise, not attending games, although I may go to the showdown with the guernsey and heckle donuts. But that's it

Also important to spread the word. If each of us tell 5 people and they all tell 5 other people the membership will drop alarmingly.

So please spread the word one and all. Send those emails to all email addresses at the club

Didn't renew for 2022. It was always going to come down to Hinkley or me at Port in 2023. He's still there, so I still won't be.
Same. Easier for me as I preferred Western stand unreserved so not tied to my seats.

Turned off auto renewal years ago but this year first sitting out. Barely watch on TV anymore either, at best have it on the background for score updates if I've got nothing better to do.

Also refused free tickets whenever my mates had spares. No point protesting but still helping the turnstiles turn over.

Youngest lad might sign up next year, but only for a 3 game membership as it's just a social thing for him now.

Thought I'd bank the 2022 money and tip in extra once I felt they were legit about being a football club and made some changes rather than serving up same ol.

Atm, not sure what it will take to get me back. I was expecting to sit out one year only but not even sure I'd be back even if we got to can rattling stage, especially if Kochie is still in charge.

Weird feeling, like others have said, like having an extended break from family and then realising it's not the same when you finally bury the hatchet

I live in Melbourne, in a Collingwood and Carlton household and I’m busy on my weekends (especially Sundays when I write local footy match reports). As such it’s never been practical for me to buy a membership, I may have considered it if we kept the upward trend going from the past 2 years but it doesn’t sit right with me to start buying a membership while Ken and co. are still at the helm. Sack the lot and maybe I’ll think about it. In the mean time, if someone on the fence about it could cancel their membership on behalf of me I’d encourage that, bleed the *ers dry while Coke Zero is in charge.

In almost 18 years on this board I have never told anyone to shut up, on the most democratic of platforms, but I will if I have to read through these lies again, I will, and then .......

The only reason I renewed this year is because it's the one thing my Dad and I do together.

I'm trying to talk him out of it as we speak.

Pulled the pin after the prelim last year, was liberating but definitely bittersweet. Felt like I broke shackles off but also never thought I'd be able to do it.

If I thought the club died after that night, I truly believe that after tonight.

I only kept going because I didn't want ken to beat me and I wanted to yell at him in person , but I give up he wins.

Going to games getting angry when we win because it keeps us from winning a premiership more quickly.

My money going into kens bank account and being used possibly against poor dogs is something I can't morally do.

Just have too convince my mum(the hard part)

Probably will renew my International Membership as it includes the WatchAFL subscription.
Tend to pick and choose which games I watch nowadays and it gives me access to all games not just Port. (This year would be the first time in a long while I haven’t seen all of our games)
If I was living back in Adelaide wouldn’t be renewing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Seats are really too good to give up, but the only thing that will make a difference is if the club bleeds money from memberships. * this administration.

I'm in the same position. I have front row seats in a row of 11 with my family and friends and I hope to have them when David Koch and Ken Hinkley are in their cold, cold graves.

I'll be asking about putting them on hold, and obviously not a single extra cent is going towards the club for anything, nor am I going to any men's games.

Back