NFL 2023 - Off-Season Player Updates/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Kick the can down the road and bring Jones back on the franchise tag next season, if he plays like s**t under the tag good chance you end up with a top 5 or 10 pick. If he plays well again sort a 40m 3 or 4 year deal then. If he plays mid worry about worrying about what you're doing when the time comes. No need to lock in what you're doing at QB for the next 5 years now.
Seems the best idea. Play it cool for now. They might luck into a mid-late QB who ends up franchise material. If not, wait again next off-season. Options.

A 30m/yr QB deal isn't what it used to be. It would probably rate mid pack. With the cap going up it's not going to stop you from signing talent.

Yep and why teams with good qbs on rookie contracts set the pace.

30m gets you an elite de, ot, change from a wr or corner.

I get most people dislike Brady immensely but I'll miss watching him.

I'm a little too young for the Jordan era, Brady was my goat from sports growing up.

His stats are obviously incredible but the most insane stat is him having more SB's than any franchise. I can't think of another sport in the world where that would be remotely possible. It's mind boggling.

He said he wanted to play until 45 so I'd say that this is probably it. I'd have been interested to see him in a new offence but I'm sure learning a new playbook all over again would be less than ideal. Besides that, this season was the first season where he lost some of the shine I think. There were just some throws/INT's this season that just seemed like he was misfiring - whether that was due to perceived pressure, not correctly reading the defence etc

Kick the can down the road and bring Jones back on the franchise tag next season, if he plays like s**t under the tag good chance you end up with a top 5 or 10 pick. If he plays well again sort a 40m 3 or 4 year deal then. If he plays mid worry about worrying about what you're doing when the time comes. No need to lock in what you're doing at QB for the next 5 years

Seems the best idea. Play it cool for now. They might luck into a mid-late QB who ends up franchise material. If not, wait again next off-season. Options.

Mad if they dont do this.

I'm a little too young for the Jordan era, Brady was my goat from sports growing up.

His stats are obviously incredible but the most insane stat is him having more SB's than any franchise. I can't think of another sport in the world where that would be remotely possible. It's mind boggling.

He said he wanted to play until 45 so I'd say that this is probably it. I'd have been interested to see him in a new offence but I'm sure learning a new playbook all over again would be less than ideal. Besides that, this season was the first season where he lost some of the shine I think. There were just some throws/INT's this season that just seemed like he was misfiring - whether that was due to perceived pressure, not correctly reading the defence etc

Agree, he was great to watch for a long time there & it was so sweet that was who the Eagles had to beat to win that game. Just imagine his stats if it wasn't for the NFC East applying the breaks a few times;)

Agree, he was great to watch for a long time there & it was so sweet that was who the Eagles had to beat to win that game. Just imagine his stats if it wasn't for the NFC East applying the breaks a few times;)
Haha I will say, I feel better knowing we beat him in one haha.

But you're absolutely right, truthfully he should've had at least a couple of more. Actually, minus one for the Falcons capitulation haha.

If Brady just stayed retired 12 months ago he would of avoided so much embarrassment. he wouldnt of been on a s**t team who barely fall into the playoffs. His last football memories wouldnt be of him being more afraid of getting hit than willing to make a throw. He wouldnt of blown up his family.

as fuey has said - Brady retiring means that Rodgers won't be retiring. My bet is he'll redo his contract and come back for one last year at Green Bay
Its been clear for 12 months. Rodgers doesnt want to share the HoF induction with Brady. and likely the same the other way since both would take away from eachothers moment.

If Brady just stayed retired 12 months ago he would of avoided so much embarrassment. he wouldnt of been on a s**t team who barely fall into the playoffs. His last football memories wouldnt be of him being more afraid of getting hit than willing to make a throw. He wouldnt of blown up his family.
These comments are so pointless. There's obviously more going on in the breakdown of that marriage than just 'you're still playing football'.

I wonder how much of it was just hitting that 45 number he wanted to get to.

100% agree, laughable to suggest they broke up just cause Tom went back for one more season. 100% their marriage was already on the way out and Tom didnt want to be in it which made the decision to come back easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasnt Giselle on record that the issues started when Tom went back to play football.

Marriage is a two way street. Tom might have been wanting out for quite some time.

I'm officially revoking your Philly card.

Spygate stole a Superbowl from us. * Brady. I hope he wakes up in night terrors seeing Brandon Graham coming for the rest of his life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back