Training 2023 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

If we were going to move a defender forward, I think wed be more likely to move Battle than Howard.

Howard is a better one-on-one defender than Battle, particularly on the 195cm plus types, while Battle started as a forward and is a pretty good set shot.
Howard isn’t good one on one..lacks body strength and plays 10 metres off his man to maximise avoidance of contact.
Best one on one defender is Wilkie!

the howard love from some in here is madness. He's a fraud. Send him forward or make him fight for his spot.
Don't know how far the statistic goes back (probably no more than 20 years), but Howard holds 7 spots in our "most one percenters" list.
Has the top 4 spots, then Jake Carlisle, then the next 3 spots then Luke Delaney and finally Cooper Sharman - funnily enough.
Has the top two spots locked for one percenters for the year, too.

Whether you care about that stat or not, it's fair to say he isn't a fraud.

Don't know how far the statistic goes back (probably no more than 20 years), but Howard holds 7 spots in our "most one percenters" list.
Has the top 4 spots, then Jake Carlisle, then the next 3 spots then Luke Delaney and finally Cooper Sharman - funnily enough.

no it's not he's a fraud. f the 1 percenters, the looking balls :eyes: are all i need

He gets lots of 1 percenters but I don't think his 1v1 win % is very good

He gets lots of 1 percenters but I don't think his 1v1 win % is very good

He’s an okay player and has good games but looks like a loose player forced to play tight.

Yeah we were a much better side without him last year :think::thumbsdown:
We were definitely worse off because we had no other options. He’s obviously valuable but he plays like someone who knows his spot isn’t in danger so he gets away with being lazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s an okay player and has good games but looks like a loose player forced to play tight.
We are a better side with him in, but he is not a lockdown defender

the howard love from some in here is madness. He's a fraud. Send him forward or make him fight for his spot.
He's overrated by some, I'll definitely give you that, but structurally he's very important. Our backline was probably our best functioning line the past season... when Howard went down, the wheels loosened considerably. He's no world beater, but he is needed.

He's overrated by some, I'll definitely give you that, but structurally he's very important. Our backline was probably our best functioning line the past season... when Howard went down, the wheels loosened considerably. He's no world beater, but he is needed.
Yep he’s in both camps. Too important to structure to be mocked, not good enough to be worshipped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back