Position 2023 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nankervis on Samson Ryan: "He's such a good aerial player, and his skills below his feet are very strong for his size as well. If he's not playing next week, I'm sure he'll get a go early in the season."
Gut feels says Tigers will play him

Positive noises about this kentie Young playing round one. How long is Tarrant out for?

Not 100% sure but Young could be a risky pick might not get 3 games. Tarrant apparently only a couple of weeks away and many of us Tigers supporters were surprised Miller didn't play in the practice match so he is in the background as well.

Isn't the attraction with Sheezel that some believe Clarko will move him around to keep him involved?

They have sheezel listed as a forward in that video so I’m assuming that’s where he plays, easy fade

Goater though :eyes:

Cunnington as a starting forward on that concerning too, assuming would rotate to the middle though.
I wouldn’t read that much into it, that video was taken four days before the dogs practice match. The full video will be available to non members in about half an hour.

Not 100% sure but Young could be a risky pick might not get 3 games. Tarrant apparently only a couple of weeks away and many of us Tigers supporters were surprised Miller didn't play in the practice match so he is in the background as well.
Yeah I wouldn't start him, but those $102k guys only need a couple of good games to make enough money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else not feeling Fergus Greene? Know he'll play but could see plenty of sub 50 scores, given he stays quite forward

Ive got Sheezel (F6), Ratugolea (F7), and Davey (F8) currently

Anyone else not feeling Fergus Greene? Know he'll play but could see plenty of sub 50 scores, given he stays quite forward

170k on the bench is a little overboard IMO

I think on average and cash gen that Fergus is better than the 3 mentioned

His JS is watertight even with Lewis coming back imo

He is a like for like replacement for Gunston and I do think he will have one big score within the first 6 weeks (hopefully more) which will inflate his price then you just boot him

What??

Does he float? Have shovels for hands?

Considering how hard our forwards found trying to mark the ball in fwd50 for the first 3 quarters, the fact Ryan took 4 contested marks and 5 marks overall in the final quarter, with about half of them on Petty, then he probably does do quite well in the air.

He's probably decent below his knees for his size.

Smokey for R1 as the 2nd ruck with Tarrant out and a juggle between Miller and Young as the defender who takes Tarrant's spot.

Would've been Miller as 2nd ruck and Young as Tarrant's replacement, but Ryan has seriously impressed in preseason.

Young I probably wouldn't bother with, unless he absolutely blows it out of the water he's treading water until guys come back from injury and Tarrant for one isn't far away, scoring potential low as well you'd imagine.

If we want to play a second ruck/third forward Ryan is a much better option than Soldo imo who is an old school dinosaur ruck, Samson much more flexible and can actually play forward. If that's the way we are going to set up I'd be playing Ryan.

Young I probably wouldn't bother with, unless he absolutely blows it out of the water he's treading water until guys come back from injury and Tarrant for one isn't far away, scoring potential low as well you'd imagine.

If we want to play a second ruck/third forward Ryan is a much better option than Soldo imo who is an old school dinosaur ruck, Samson much more flexible and can actually play forward. If that's the way we are going to set up I'd be playing Ryan.

I guess the only thing is that Miller has trained as the 2nd ruck all preseason from what I've heard, so Ryan not the shoe-in over Soldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back