Preview 2023 Round 9 – Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Sunday, May 14, 4.40PM AEST, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toby is clearly still touch and go I reckon. No one out yet but a few names in

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Extra names are standard for a Sunday game, though. Sub comes out, 4 get added to extended bench (or, as is the case here, sub retained + 3 extra) until tomorrow night when "final" team is announced.

Extra names are standard for a Sunday game, though. Sub comes out, 4 get added to extended bench (or, as is the case here, sub retained + 3 extra) until tomorrow night when "final" team is announced.
Hopefully just Toby for Lloyd who
Pushes back to sub. Real shot at the pies with that team

Collingwood captain Darcy Moore is struggling with an infection in his elbow and is in some doubt to lead the Magpies in their clash with GWS. The star defender failed to join Collingwood's main session on Friday and will rest up before Sunday's match against the Giants at the MCG. Magpies coach Craig McRae is hopeful Moore's health will keep improving during the next two days. "Unfortunately Darcy got an infection in his elbow early in the week, sort of almost like a spider bite, but it's not, it's a scratch that got infected," McRae said on Friday.

So that's both teams' skippers in doubt!

Collingwood v Greater Western Sydney at the MCG, 4.40pm AEST

COLLINGWOOD

In:
T.Bianco, T.Ruscoe, R.McInnes, A.Begg
Out: B.Frampton (groin)

Last week's sub: Jack Ginnivan

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

In:
T.Greene, J.Riccardi, C.Fleeton
Out: None

Last week's sub: James Peatling

Hmmm, still no Fahey, Angwin & Toby named on field ... minor possibility that Fleeton replaces Brown in the backline. Cadman could yet be dropped, essentially for Toby to return.

View attachment 1684445
Perryman, Cadman, Peatling and XO would be the pick of the bunch from the bench I imagine. Feel pretty confident the other 3 will be picked but maybe they give Cadman another go and keep persisting with him as well.

Perryman, Cadman, Peatling and XO would be the pick of the bunch from the bench I imagine. Feel pretty confident the other 3 will be picked but maybe they give Cadman another go and keep persisting with him as well.
Accounting for Greene returning to last week's team, the opening premise would be: Perryman, Cadman, XOH & Brown. Peatling sub, and Lloyd left out. We could switch out Cadman for a small/medium (Peatling or Lloyd). If Brown's out, then I'd expect Fleeton to debut or Riccardi to be picked down back, unless they decide to counter Collingwood's smaller Pies' forwards by switching Peatling to defence (but Brown could be played in a smaller role too).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fleeton to debut.

I wrote of this some time ago when Cam was first recruited but will mention it again. GWS deserve special praise here. Cam's junior club was Geelong West/St Peter's which used the colours red/white/blue (some old hands may remember Geelong West as a power club in the former VFA). More recently during a reorganisation and due to a connection to Dave Matthews when he was with Barwon VFL, Geelong West adopted and has kept the Giant's colours and moniker. Further, the young boys from Geelong were once a year hosted on a match day in Sydney where they saw the training facilities, were given lectures and had match day access etc. The Geelong West lads and parents paid to fly up for the day but GWS were always generous with their time, a meal and effort. Cam was a part of this. Kudos to GWS and a fitting reward for all concerned.

I think the Pies might be too quick across the park for us. Hopefully we show strong commitment for the 4 quarters.
It’s not about this week… it’s about building on our gamestyle and giving young players good opportunities.
Guys like Fleeton, Angwin, Callaghan, Cadman, Peatling, OHalloran and Brown.

sI hope Hill doesn't kick a goal, no doubt he has rehearsed some rubbish celebration all week just for the occasion.
Wish nothing but the best for him after what he has had to go through. BUT
That doesn't take away from his cry baby antics before all that happened when he wanted out because the Giants wanted to see how he returned after another off season after some average efforts over the years. Hope he gets zip against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back