Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Planning on watching the game, but may not get the chance.

I reckon SA will be dark horses to win the champs this year, they have solid players on every line and have some big KP’s capable of kicking goals.

SA

Sid Draper - one of the premier midfielders in this draft. Draper has it all, speed, smarts and natural ball winning ability. With a big champs he could push his case to be a top 3 pick. Maybe a bit under done considering he hasn’t played much over the last 3 months due to injury.

Noah Howes - obvious one considering he should be on our radar for the MSD. Overage 19 year old 196cM key forward who has a really solid athletic profile.

Tallan Rosenzweig - 197cm physical key forward who is one of the leading goal kickers in the SANFL under 18’s. Likes to leap and attack the ball aerially. Be interesting to see if he can continue his goal kicking form.

Evan Bradley - crafty small forward who has a stack of natural talent. Can kick goals from anywhere, has some speed and is a good ground level player.

Allies

Jobe Shanahan - one of the premier key forwards in the draft, the Murray Bushrangers spearhead will look to push his case as a potential top 10 selection. Natural forward, who is athletic and is a contested marking threat.

Nathaniel Sulzberger - powerful half forward/inside mid who uses his athleticism to power away from contests. Fantastic athlete who has a bucketload of upside.

Green went at 10 - slid due to defence issues. He ran through everyone as well.

Smille attacks 1st because he kicks goals. 5 in 2 weeks.

Smillie rests forward, doesn’t actually kick that many goals from the midfield, from what I’ve seen.

What I was more getting at though is that Smillie isn’t that contested beast that Cripps/Green is. His contested possession rate wouldn’t be comparable to Green as a junior.

Here I give my thoughts on how things are shaping up in the years AFL National Draft. I cover:

• High level thoughts on the pool (depth, strength and composition)
  • My top 20 prospects pre-champs
  • Predictions for the champs series and some players to look out for

Trying something new here so thanks for watching and I hope its a worthwhile exercise.

Here I give my thoughts on how things are shaping up in the years AFL National Draft. I cover:

Trying something new here so thanks for watching and I hope its a worthwhile exercise.

great work, thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really enjoyed that mate! Hope to see more of that style of content in the future.

What’s Zac Johnson got to do to push into that 20 range for you?

Really enjoyed that mate! Hope to see more of that style of content in the future.

What’s Zac Johnson got to do to push into that 20 range for you?
Not a lot really. He's another thats more of a victim of the depth of the pool for me. He's big and classy with the ball. I'd like to see him play with a bit more intensity and improve the second and third efforts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back